British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Thank you (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/thank-you-634209/)

Tonyuk Oct 6th 2009 9:56 am

Thank you

Thanks everyone who helped me during my visa application.
Even though it got suspended last month, because my wife is in the UK and they wouldnt accept her parents I864a forms as she isnt living with them my wife went back and opened a bank account and sent me the papers, and i sent em off to the embassy on 25th sep and got my visa through the post this morning. So all went well, immigration officer im pretty sure never checked my medical exam either lol i havnt been asked to get health insurance even though i have diabetes, which im amazed some people on here in good health have been asked to get it first.

So thanks everyone for your help

YouWantFriesWithThat Oct 6th 2009 10:40 am

Re: Thank you

Originally Posted by Tonyuk (Post 7993161)
i havnt been asked to get health insurance even though i have diabetes, which im amazed some people on here in good health have been asked to get it first.So thanks everyone for your help

Congratulations on getting your visa :)

I have never heard of USCIS requesting that someone get health insurance. I think you might be getting confused with people on here who have written about how they have been managing their health (myself included) by arranging health insurance.

I wanted to clarify that because a lot of people read these forums and I don't want them thinking that they would be asked by the USCIS to have health insurance arranged.

USCIS assess a person's health and public charge status via the medical carried out by an appointed doctor (aka panel physician). It is not a requirement of any USCIS visa process that a visa applicant has health insurance arranged. It helps, of course, but that's very different to it being required.

Noorah101 Oct 6th 2009 10:46 am

Originally Posted by YouWantFriesWithThat (Post 7993249)
I have never heard of USCIS requesting that someone get health insurance. I think you might be getting confused with people on here who have written about how they have been managing their health (myself included) by arranging health insurance.

I wanted to clarify that because a lot of people read these forums and I don't want them thinking that they would be asked by the USCIS to have health insurance arranged.

USCIS assess a person's health and public charge status via the medical carried out by an appointed doctor (aka panel physician). It is not a requirement of any USCIS visa process that a visa applicant has health insurance arranged. It helps, of course, but that's very different to it being required.

A while back, there was a rash of posters who had visa interview in London and were specifically asked to show proof of health insurance up front. It happened sporadically for a period of time, but seems to have calmed down again. It's not a requirement, but as I said for a while the ConOffs were requesting it.

Rene

Tonyuk Oct 6th 2009 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 7993267)
A while back, there was a rash of posters who had visa interview in London and were specifically asked to show proof of health insurance up front. It happened sporadically for a period of time, but seems to have calmed down again. It's not a requirement, but as I said for a while the ConOffs were requesting it.

Rene

Ah thank you, was starting to doubt myself there lol

Fries you moved yet?

YouWantFriesWithThat Oct 6th 2009 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 7993267)

Rene

Thanks Rene, I just wanted to clarify that it isn't a requirement. I've been following these boards closely for nearly a year and I'd never come across it. If they were requesting it then thankfully it's stopped now :) However, as a balance against that, I wrote this http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...75#post7879775

jeffreyhy Oct 6th 2009 2:00 pm

Let's not confuse CIS people with the consular people who issue (or deny) visas.

Regards, JEff

Thanks everyone who helped me during my visa application.
Even though it got suspended last month, because my wife is in the UK and they wouldnt accept her parents I864a forms as she isnt living with them my wife went back and opened a bank account and sent me the papers, and i sent em off to the embassy on 25th sep and got my visa through the post this morning. So all went well, immigration officer im pretty sure never checked my medical exam either lol i havnt been asked to get health insurance even though i have diabetes, which im amazed some people on here in good health have been asked to get it first.

Originally Posted by YouWantFriesWithThat (Post 7993249)
Congratulations on getting your visa :)

Rete Oct 6th 2009 2:00 pm

So thanks everyone for your help

Congratulations on your success. Next stop, the USA.