Tele

Old Oct 31st 2012, 1:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tele

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I've only read a couple, never impressed, but people keep telling me they are good. 'Oldboy' was the last one before 'Walking Dead', but that was a while ago. I find the room for imagination that books offer has been removed, but the full visual experience of a movie is not present. As I said earlier its just like a storyboard neither fowl nor fish.
Hmm each to his own...some have really good artwork and it's a different way of telling a story.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 5:33 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

So what's the worst new show of the year?

Beauty and the Beast, it has to be up there, it's awful...I'm annoying still watching it, along with Elementary and Last Resort, even though they're all shit.

Arrow though I think is the winner and I did give up on that a while back.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 5:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
So what's the worst new show of the year?

Beauty and the Beast, it has to be up there, it's awful...I'm annoying still watching it, along with Elementary and Last Resort, even though they're all shit.

Arrow though I think is the winner and I did give up on that a while back.
I caught a bit of Elementary last night, oh dear, it was set in a hospital and full of cliches straight out of Children's Hospital. Completely misses the essence of Sherlock Holmes.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 6:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I caught a bit of Elementary last night, oh dear, it was set in a hospital and full of cliches straight out of Children's Hospital. Completely misses the essence of Sherlock Holmes.
I haven't been able to bring myself to watch it...it looks crap and I cannot stand that Lucy one.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I haven't been able to bring myself to watch it...it looks crap and I cannot stand that Lucy one.
Yeah don't bother
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

toopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond repute

I've DVR'd Elementary and cannot bring myself to watch it yet. Will wait for desperate times.

Finally watched one episode of 666 Park Ave - awful! Thinking of deleting the other 4 episodes I have waiting.

Still holding on to my dear Walking Dead and American Horror Story - will watch when I have a few more episodes recorded.

Started watching Rake - actually quite entertaining. Main character (Aussie) is such a loveable dipstick.

Watched a few episodes of Taboo - wow. I need to stop moaning about my wrinkles.

And whatever you do - DO NOT watch Infested or Monsters Inside of me...scratching as I write this...
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 7:05 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toopie28
I've DVR'd Elementary and cannot bring myself to watch it yet. Will wait for desperate times.

Finally watched one episode of 666 Park Ave - awful! Thinking of deleting the other 4 episodes I have waiting.

Still holding on to my dear Walking Dead and American Horror Story - will watch when I have a few more episodes recorded.
666 is another bad show, but it's not nearly as shit as some of the others, so by default it's still on for us...which doesn't say to much

Walking Dead has been great, some nice twists, but the prison setting was always the most interesting...and some of the new characters are fun, but off choices for them I think.

American Horror, that's surprisingly better than the first series, now as it's dealing with those dead people back in the day to what lead them there.

Not heard about Rake before though, I don't think.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

toopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
666 is another bad show, but it's not nearly as shit as some of the others, so by default it's still on for us...which doesn't say to much

Walking Dead has been great, some nice twists, but the prison setting was always the most interesting...and some of the new characters are fun, but off choices for them I think.

American Horror, that's surprisingly better than the first series, now as it's dealing with those dead people back in the day to what lead them there.

Not heard about Rake before though, I don't think.
Oh, good. I loved American Horror when it was on last time.

Ok, Rake is on AUDHD - now I think that may be a Directtv channel - maybe that's why.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boardwalk Empire has certainly got back into its stride.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 7:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Getting a little tired with some shows being blatant product adverts...not even subtle, it's like a 45 minute advert for some of these shows.

Burn Notice, which is taking a fun new turn, but it's just a giant Hyundai ad.

Hawaii 5-0, which is getting shit, but least not having much back story boredom is just a blatant ad for Microsoft with the tablets, computers and phones and Chevy for the cars...just really rubbishly done.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Boardwalk Empire has certainly got back into its stride.
I LOVE this show now. 1st and 2nd season were okay but I have now found my new obsession (I'm sure they will cancel soon).

Walking Dead - BEST season ever! Nothing like blood and guts with a nice cuppa.

Just started watching 666 - and it's not being renewed. Like the main character (Terry O'Quinn) but the blonde female lead is just not likeable enuf.

Started watching SOA again - meh - can take it or leave it.

New show going to be on BBC America called Ripper - anyone heard anything about it? Is it from the UK or a US made show?
Old Nov 20th 2012, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Southy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond repute

SOA is my latest obsession. Finished season 4 last weekend and now I've started on season 5.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toopie28
I

New show going to be on BBC America called Ripper - anyone heard anything about it? Is it from the UK or a US made show?
It's a BBC / Film Ireland co-production, shot in Dublin I believe. Has Matthew MacFadyen and Jerome Flynn (not there's a blast from the past) in it. Looks like it's worth a watch.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

The G4 channel is shutting down and becoming a generic men's tv channel. Been a long time coming ever since they shrunk down the variety of programmes they showed and the channel was dropped in some kind of argument with a satellite provider.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 3:23 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
The G4 channel is shutting down and becoming a generic men's tv channel. Been a long time coming ever since they shrunk down the variety of programmes they showed and the channel was dropped in some kind of argument with a satellite provider.
Yeah.. bye bye X-Play

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.