British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Tele (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/tele-398615/)

Bob Sep 26th 2006 1:24 am

Tele

So what are you lot all watching?

What dya think of all those new shows?

Jericho might be good...rather liked Vanished and Justice....Eureka is rather weird, but kind of fun...

Anything really dire? What about comedies? :)

AmerLisa Sep 26th 2006 1:25 am

Re: Tele

Originally Posted by Bob

Jericho might be good...rather liked Vanished and Justice....Eureka is rather weird, but kind of fun...

Never saw any of them. But we rented a good series from Netflix last week. A British television series called Bob and Rose. Alan Davies was Bob. Pretty good, I recommend it.

Celtic_Angel Sep 26th 2006 1:33 am

Originally Posted by Bob

not a thing ..though I did catch Nip/Tuck last night...I've kinda lost my passion for the show though :(

Got any recommendations? it has to be on after 9pm :)

Jaxbar Sep 26th 2006 1:39 am

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
not a thing ..though I did catch Nip/Tuck last night...I've kinda lost my passion for the show though :(

I am watching Wife Swap cos I am sad, but Anthony Bourdain is on the Travel channel at nine central, if you havnt seen it, the New York chef who will go anywhere and eat anything!

Bob Sep 26th 2006 1:39 am

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Never saw any of them. But we rented a good series from Netflix last week. A British television series called Bob and Rose. Alan Davies was Bob. Pretty good, I recommend it.

so what's that about?

Bob Sep 26th 2006 1:41 am

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel

Justice is good if you like the lawyer drama thingy as they show you what actually happened at the end...

not seen the new greys or numbers yet...

that smith show with Ray...errr...was kinda weird, but not to bad...

AmerLisa Sep 26th 2006 1:44 am

Originally Posted by Bob
so what's that about?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0295071/

It was good.

Celtic_Angel Sep 26th 2006 1:47 am

Originally Posted by Bob
Justice is good if you like the lawyer drama thingy as they show you what actually happened at the end...

not seen the new greys or numbers yet...

that smith show with Ray...errr...was kinda weird, but not to bad...

the only thing I've been watching on a regular basis is the kids show The Avatar :o

hey it's good!!

...okay my brain is mush :D

cutina Sep 26th 2006 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Bob

i'm a sci-fi nerd
i'll pee my pants with excitment when season three of Battlestar Galactica starts :o

dgsyd1 Sep 26th 2006 2:19 am

Originally Posted by cutina
i'm a sci-fi nerd
i'll pee my pants with excitment when season three of Battlestar Galactica starts :o

Not a Doctor Who fan?

Anyway....
I work evenings, so my telly viewing basically consists of either stuff i've recorded, own on DVD, downloaded, or or whatever kids shows my son wants to watch on PBS during the day. So at the moment it's something like this.

Only Fools & Horses
Porridge
Men Behaving Badly
Dad's Army
Friday Night With Jonathan Ross
The Gilmore Girls
Curious George
Teletubbies
Doctor Who
Jericho
Austin City Limits
America's Funniest Videos

Bob Sep 26th 2006 2:25 am

Originally Posted by AmerLisa

Oh I remember that....yeah, that was a pretty good laugh :)

Sarah Sep 26th 2006 2:32 am

Loving "Dead Like Me" on the Sci-Fi channel, can't wait until Dr Who and Battlestar Gallactica starts, hubs is wetting his pants in anticipation.
Also watching all the usual stuff like My Name is Earl, The Colbert Report, Nip/Tuck,(although it gets more like a soap everytime) Family Guy, The Office (no I don't think its as good as our version)

I am also fond of The Biggest Loser, because its always fun to watch people fatter than myself trying to lose weight. Trying to remember to watch Survivor and Project Runway but I usually forget.
People at work tell me to watch Rescue Me with Dennis Leary but can't be arsed as its too late for me to get into it now.

Bob Sep 26th 2006 2:35 am

Originally Posted by Sarah
People at work tell me to watch Rescue Me with Dennis Leary but can't be arsed as its too late for me to get into it now.

The first series was pretty good...the second series was pretty crap...the third series shouldn't have aired and begging to be canned...though I'm sure something good will be canned instead...

Rushman Sep 26th 2006 2:35 am

Television in general..SUCKS and is an escape for the moron masses from the drudgery of their dismal existance.

cutina Sep 26th 2006 2:40 am

Originally Posted by rushman
Television in general..SUCKS and is an escape for the moron masses from the drudgery of their dismal existance.

i don't have one at the moment... but watch a bit via my laptop.
BUT i'll get one in time for BSG :).. then i'll escape from the drudgery :rolleyes: