Tele

Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

toopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tele

Anyone seen "Spy"? Apparently it's a Brit TV show and shown on Hulu only.
Guy was telling me about it the other day. I'll check it out this weekend but I'm surprised I've never heard of it.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 9:21 pm
Banned

Primula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex
I'm watching the show House wind itself up.
Do you mean that it is finally coming to an end?

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
I got bored with it about halfway through the second season of same-old, same-old.
Cannot stand the show House. And it's been going on for years!

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Game of Thrones
I have the first season at home to watch on DVD. I am hoping that I will like this show now that I have purchased it.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 9:25 pm
Banned

Primula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura about

Veep

I was expecting the 'Thick of It' in America, but it seems watered down and ended up feeling like it was In The Loop, meets Parks and Recreation. Just nothing biting about this first episode.
The New York Times had a huge article about this show, featuring what's-his-name (the Italian-British fellow who directs it) and Julia Louis-Dreyfuss (whom I have never cared for). I had never heard of this guy or his previous shows. I had a feeling that Veep wouldn't be too good. I also hated Parks and Recs.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 9:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Primula
The New York Times had a huge article about this show, featuring what's-his-name (the Italian-British fellow who directs it) and Julia Louis-Dreyfuss (whom I have never cared for). I had never heard of this guy or his previous shows. I had a feeling that Veep wouldn't be too good. I also hated Parks and Recs.
In the Loop is fantastic.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 9:41 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Do you mean that it is finally coming to an end?

Cannot stand the show House. And it's been going on for years!
Yeah - it's done and dusted in a month.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 9:48 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

As Sally says In the Loop (and Thick of It) is fantastic, but Veep seems watered down, more of a job centric commentary rather than a political centric one that the other series (and film) had. Still, its only had one episode, so you never know. Has anyone else seen it? I am curious how others saw it.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond repute

I'm watching the show House wind itself up.

And it's weird because this season House has been wrong about EVERYTHING. Episode after episode he either fluffs on the diagnosis at the end or doesn't even try because someone else figured it out. And next week we're supposed to believe that he kills Wilson.

Pretty weak season so far.
A heads up about a spoiler would be nice.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 9:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

As Sally says In the Loop (and Thick of It) is fantastic, but Veep seems watered down, more of a job centric commentary rather than a political centric one that the other series (and film) had. Still, its only had one episode, so you never know. Has anyone else seen it? I am curious how others saw it.
I recorded it, haven't watched it yet.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 9:52 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Southy_SWFC
A heads up about a spoiler would be nice.
Spoiler:
oops
Old Apr 25th 2012, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Leslie
Spoiler:
oops
I prefer "Children's Hospital'.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 10:20 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
In the Loop is fantastic.
I'm fairly sure that was mentioned in the article and I tried to see if it was available here, but it wasn't. (My memory might be wrong about that.)

Yeah - it's done and dusted in a month.
Finally! Done and dusted - cute expression.

Veep seems watered down, more of a job centric commentary rather than a political centric one that the other series (and film) had.
From what I've read, isn't that the point of the show? The veep's political party is never mentioned and the show is more about her feelings that nobody appreciates what she does (such as it is), that she feels sidelined, and that the Prez never calls her.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 10:26 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

From what I've read, isn't that the point of the show? The veep's political party is never mentioned and the show is more about her feelings that nobody appreciates what she does (such as it is), that she feels sidelined, and that the Prez never calls her.
Quite possibly that is the point, but that will also be what makes it more of a Parks and Rec.

For fans of The Thick of It, it is disappointing, that series was a satire of the Alistair Campbell style, black is white, spin doctoring.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 11:43 pm
Banned

Parks and Rec
That show was a huge snooze.

Anyone seen Portlandia? A very strange quirky show, but quite amusing.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1780441/
Old Apr 25th 2012, 11:45 pm
He/him

That show was a huge snooze.

Anyone seen Portlandia? A very strange quirky show, but quite amusing.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1780441/
I love Portlandia. Quite the piss take on the modern urban middle class.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 11:46 pm
Banned

I love Portlandia. Quite the piss take on the modern urban middle class.
My favorite is the two lesbians who run the bookstore. It was hilarious when Steve Buscemi had a role as a customer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.