Tele

Old Dec 6th 2006, 3:29 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tele

Originally Posted by marriedtothemod
Sounds like a wonderful night that you have ahead of you :P
It was a lovely evening. I did manage to watch the last episode of Heroes, I feel I have worked out too much of it already, I tend to do that.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 7:16 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Just watched the first episode of State Within...it's showing on UK TV. Looks promising...4 more episodes to watch tonight.

So far a UK citizen is responsible for the explosion on board a plane leaving DC. All British Muslims in the state of West Virginia (I think) are being arrested and imprisoned.
I've finished all the episodes. Loved it, though there were a few moments of cheesiness. Might be a regular series if it does well enough. I think there's a lot to explore in the US-UK relationship.... speaking of, the Cracker special that was on BBC America was great. There was a director's cut on our digital channels at the time the special ran, but by the time I watched it on TiVo, the director's cut was no longer on BBCAmerica-on-demand.

That then led me to watch season 1 of Cracker.... (back in 1993 I think?) .... how life has changed since then on both sides of the pond.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 12:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
I've finished all the episodes. Loved it, though there were a few moments of cheesiness. Might be a regular series if it does well enough. I think there's a lot to explore in the US-UK relationship.... speaking of, the Cracker special that was on BBC America was great. There was a director's cut on our digital channels at the time the special ran, but by the time I watched it on TiVo, the director's cut was no longer on BBCAmerica-on-demand.

That then led me to watch season 1 of Cracker.... (back in 1993 I think?) .... how life has changed since then on both sides of the pond.

Looks like it will be on BBC America as it was a BBC/BBCA production. Hope so 'cos the final episode wasn't available...although I see now the full series is available.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 4:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

anyone seen the trailers for that show with Eddie Izzard, on FX I think, some time in the new year?
Old Dec 15th 2006, 5:20 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Looks like it will be on BBC America as it was a BBC/BBCA production. Hope so 'cos the final episode wasn't available...although I see now the full series is available.
I wonder if it will be on BBCA..... I did notice the co-production credit, but I don't know if Americans could handle it.

And if it is, I'm afraid they'd cut it to pieces for commercials. I think that the Cracker one-off was edited heavily, because there were a few continuity problems. That's why I would have liked to have seen the "director's cut" which was likely the full version.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 12:53 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
anyone seen the trailers for that show with Eddie Izzard, on FX I think, some time in the new year?
Yeah I saw them. The show is called 'The Riches', he sounds strange with an American accent. Minnie (Cab ) Driver is in it too.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 1:18 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Yeah I saw them. The show is called 'The Riches', he sounds strange with an American accent. Minnie (Cab ) Driver is in it too.
him, playing a married, straight bloke...should be hilarious in of itself
Old Dec 19th 2006, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

marriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
It should be good, but i'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around eddy izzard playing a straight fellow *l*
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 7:53 am
Lapine Member

We watched a documentary about the Herald of Free Enterprise, a ferry which sank on 6th March 1987 near the harbour at Zeebrugge, Belgium. Toon has strong memories of the tragedy whereas I hadn't heard of it. Moral: if ever on a ferry, make sure the bay doors are closed!

A well-done documentary with suitable re-enactment.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 4:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

anyone catch that documentary "is benny hill still funny?" or somin' like that...looked interesting, but I couldnt' be arsed to get it...hmmm...so lazy.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

marriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
anyone catch that documentary "is benny hill still funny?" or somin' like that...looked interesting, but I couldnt' be arsed to get it...hmmm...so lazy.
or you could just have too much stuff on there *lol*
Old Jan 29th 2007, 1:54 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

New series of Top Gear has begun...just got the episode...not seen it yet, but sounds a good one, with the mondo crash and all...and Jamie Oliver is the guest out to try and beat Gordon Ramsey's time in a reasonably priced family car
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:24 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Originally Posted by marriedtothemod
It should be good, but i'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around eddy izzard playing a straight fellow *l*
Um........ Eddie Izzard is actually straight. He's a transvestite which doesn't equal gay. Most of the time transvestites are straight blokes.

Last edited by Sarah; Jan 29th 2007 at 8:27 am.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:26 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Um........ Eddie Izzard is actually straight. He's a transvestite which doesn't equal gay. Most of the time transvestites are straight blokes.
Executive Transvestite.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 4:19 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Executive Transvestite.

Male Lesbian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.