Tele

Old Dec 20th 2011, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tele

My wife caught a bit of that and was hooked right away! She missed the first few episodes when it was first shown, so didn't bother at the time.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

SalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond repute

Been catching up on the episodes of House I've missed now that uni's out. Loving the addition of Charlyne Yi to the cast.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

I saw episodes 1&2 of Homeland and then last night watched episode 12. I didnt seem to have missed a thing!
Old Jan 8th 2012, 3:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

House of Lies

Has Don Cheadle, starts on Monday but saw a pilot version.

It's about a management consulting group that goes in and tries to make a company not look sleezy.

Thing is, it's an amusing idea and I'll probably watch a couple episodes...but apart from a couple of the characters, the main ones are really rather annoying.

The whole stop action to explain things with everything being frozen is also really annoying.

I see this getting canned, but hope it warms up a little more.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 3:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Seems a glut of shows are coming back from breaks and new series.

Pam Am
Once Upon a Time
Californication
Leverage
The Good Wife

Also a two part show from Canada - The Firm

It's supposed to a a sequel to the book/movie, a follow on to the lawyer and family after he found out the firm he worked for was dealing with the mob, it's now 10 years later and he's trying to reclaim his life.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bob
slowly catching up on Hart of Dixie.

The missus really likes it...I think it's okay.

It is definitely aimed at the house wife crowd though...all the blokes are always getting their boobs out, all with the perfect six pack abs etc...but none of the ladies do.

Also weird how they all do that because it's so hot and humid...it's the south, the south is bathed in AC, so this would seem rather daft.

Don't know how realistic the southern stereotypes are, but they are being hammed up a little to much I think....the southern belle not going out with the black mayor, everyone distrusting the northern doctor. etc.

It's a little annoying in that regard...but it's easy tele that's thoughtless before bed kind of fodder.
Don't kid yourself - just because we're "bathed" in AC doesn't mean it's not f**king hot and humid here. The heat and humidity sneaks through every crack, crevice and seam in the house and the AC only seems to exacerbate the effect of the blast of hot air when you do walk outside, which one must do to get from house to car to work or shop! And the car is a bloody bake-oven for the first 10-15 miles of your journey. You'll have only just cooled down by the time you get where you're going and then you have to get out, walk 300 yards to the work/shop door; when you get there, you're soaked to the skin with sweat, only to walk into a slightly cooler, but still terribly humid atmosphere.

Sorry, not exactly "on topic" on TV, but had to comment.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 2:51 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Bob
Also a two part show from Canada - The Firm

It's supposed to a a sequel to the book/movie, a follow on to the lawyer and family after he found out the firm he worked for was dealing with the mob, it's now 10 years later and he's trying to reclaim his life.
Turns out to be a full series, just that it was a two part opener.

Very slow to get going really I thought, but quite good.

Seems there's a back story going on about the new law firm, which seems to have something dodgy going on and then there's the back story from the movie, where the kid of the mob boss has found him and there's the revenge aspect.

So with all that, there's looking like a weekly type of criminal law case.

Worth catching I suppose, a couple of episodes at least.

Also saw "Shattered", which seems to have been shown last year in Canada, but caught a repeat that got put up.

It's very weird, about a cop who suffers a tragedy and ends up with multiple personalities and they surface at different points. It is odd, but it was kind of interesting and fairly amusing too.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 4:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Persons of Interest

It's back for the rest of the series, I guess....which is weird...anyway, it's okay, dumb action type stuff and they seem to be changing the slant of the back story or so it seems.

Meh...but I'm still going to be watching it.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

New Girl. It's mostly mediocre but has moments that are great.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bob
Persons of Interest

It's back for the rest of the series, I guess....which is weird...anyway, it's okay, dumb action type stuff and they seem to be changing the slant of the back story or so it seems.

Meh...but I'm still going to be watching it.
I quite like Person of Interest, it's slightly different to the norm.

Although according to my hubby I am watching to many CSI type programmes after passing some roadworks and wondering if anyone was buried under the concrete
Old Jan 17th 2012, 5:25 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Alcatraz

Anyone catch it?

I only saw the first episode of the double bill starter...has promise....very cheesy, seems a mash of everything of all those weird shows.

Anyway, it's about the prison, folks disappear and are now showing up in the modern day, without having aged at all and shenanigans are happening.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 5:33 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Alcatraz

Anyone catch it?

I only saw the first episode of the double bill starter...has promise....very cheesy, seems a mash of everything of all those weird shows.

Anyway, it's about the prison, folks disappear and are now showing up in the modern day, without having aged at all and shenanigans are happening.
You could tell it was a JJ Abrams programme within the first 5 minutes, a mixture of Lost and Fringe. We enjoyed it, but hubby did say at the end he felt that it would be years until we found out what was going on (another sign of Abrams me thinks).

You do have to wonder, 302 people disappeared, if they are going to bring back 1 per episode, that's nearly 6 years of episodes
Old Jan 17th 2012, 11:58 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by N1cky

You do have to wonder, 302 people disappeared, if they are going to bring back 1 per episode, that's nearly 6 years of episodes
Yeah, that thought kind of scared me...and really....how could they hush that up?

A small wing of people would have been far more plausible...we'll see....just as long as it doesn't get cancelled without explaining it away
Old Jan 18th 2012, 12:04 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Yeah, that thought kind of scared me...and really....how could they hush that up?

A small wing of people would have been far more plausible...we'll see....just as long as it doesn't get cancelled without explaining it away
They'll all be dead and have imagined it all, there saved us 5 years of trouble
Old Jan 18th 2012, 5:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by N1cky
They'll all be dead and have imagined it all, there saved us 5 years of trouble

Probably right too

Anyway, White Collar, that's back....thought it was a bit pants, but still sticking with it.

Have given up on Californication, Parenthood and a bunch of other shows that have kept coming back...

Anything else new worth catching?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.