Tele

Old Jan 12th 2011, 10:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tele

Lights Out?

Supposedly a boxing show, chap is on his way out, has the chance for a big fight, but might die, or take up a day job as a debt collector...

Sounds a bit shit actually, but might give it a go
Old Jan 12th 2011, 11:11 pm
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Saw the first two episodes, I think I will watch the rest of them, its not bad; however, it is not going to be a classic.
Me too It's not bad.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 7:21 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juswus
That new series "The Cape" starts tonight. I'm working so Mr J is taping it for me.
It's wank (and I'm not referring to the recent episode of Minute To Win It where they got that model to give those bottles of pop a handjob, OMG, they've actually got it pictured on www.nbc.com right now). I'm hoping this new show with Olivia Munn will be good, Perfect Couples.

There's a demo episode of it on www.nbc.com you can watch, I'm just going to turn on my media PC and watch it now.

Honestly American TV is pretty crappy. If you look at the Canadian section of this website everyone is moaning about Canadian TV but it's better than American TV, that's for sure. If you actually get tired of not knowing what the hell is going on in the world, watch www.cbc.ca/thenational
Old Jan 14th 2011, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
If you actually get tired of not knowing what the hell is going on in the world, watch www.cbc.ca/thenational
I'd still watch the NBC Evening New, just to play my favourite drinking game. Everytime Brian Williams says "Americans", drink a shot of your favoured tipple. If you can still stand by 6:00pm, you're a winner.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 7:59 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_

Honestly American TV is pretty crappy. If you look at the Canadian section of this website everyone is moaning about Canadian TV but it's better than American TV, that's for sure. If you actually get tired of not knowing what the hell is going on in the world, watch www.cbc.ca/thenational
The missus is pretty happy about Republic of Doyle coming back...though not seen that online yet
Old Jan 18th 2011, 3:13 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Being Human has been remade in the US and it looks amazingly shit.

Harry's Law, saw that, bit stiff in places, but not a bad new show, cheesy, but amusing...
Old Jan 18th 2011, 12:32 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Being Human has been remade in the US and it looks amazingly shit.
I've DVR'd it, haven't had a chance to watch yet .. but it has to be baaaad
Old Jan 18th 2011, 4:26 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cluedweasel
I'd still watch the NBC Evening New, just to play my favourite drinking game. Everytime Brian Williams says "Americans", drink a shot of your favoured tipple. If you can still stand by 6:00pm, you're a winner.
I watch it every night. In fact I used to watch it on CNBC Europe when I lived in the UK. It's okay for a quick summary of what is going on that Americans care about, the only really good US news show though is PBS evening news but they do waffle on sometimes. Really I watch it to see the segments by Kerry Sanders and Ron Mott, because Kerry Sanders always looks totally bewildered about what he's reporting on (and he used to be the same on WSVN 7) and Ron Mott certainly has an interesting selection of hats.

I remember when the Queen came to visit for the 400th anniversary of the founding of Virgnia or whatever it was and they kept calling her the: "Queen of England" which is an American colloquialism and I sent them an e-mail complaining and then they had something on a day or two later about Prince William and for one show only they called him "Prince William of the UK", now they've gone back to saying "England" all the time.

The best thing they ever had on NBC Nightly News was a report I think in 2007 about all the houses being built on sand bars near the beach of Galveston, TX and they interviewed loads of people saying: "oh we're not worried about hurricanes" even though a lot of them couldn't get insurance.

Then in 2008 Hurricane Ike totally flattened every single one of those houses. Morons.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 4:34 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by dbark
I've DVR'd it, haven't had a chance to watch yet .. but it has to be baaaad
I couldn't bring myself to even try after seeing a trailer...the people look like muppets and it looks like they just copied the scripts.

Skins is even worse, they just Americanised some of the language...the characters look the same, exact same storylines...just can't see how that would even work as schools, drink and drugs are just so different over here.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 5:09 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Just heard a trailer on the radio that 'White Collar' is back on tonight. I don't know why I like that show so much, it's so gentle and kind of old fashioned. The characters are so good though and have a nice chemistry, does Mozzi live??
Old Jan 18th 2011, 6:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by N1cky
Just heard a trailer on the radio that 'White Collar' is back on tonight. I don't know why I like that show so much, it's so gentle and kind of old fashioned. The characters are so good though and have a nice chemistry, does Mozzi live??
I totally forgot about that show, so thanks for the reminder...yeah, I liked it too, don't know why as it wasn't all that memorable, just a nice lazy afternoon show though
Old Jan 19th 2011, 5:20 am
Just Joined

MatK77 is just really niceMatK77 is just really niceMatK77 is just really niceMatK77 is just really niceMatK77 is just really niceMatK77 is just really niceMatK77 is just really niceMatK77 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
Caught a bit of the American version of Shameless, dont think its gonna work!
Argh...really? I've managed to be completely oblivious to the UK version up to now and have enjoyed the US show so far, but I've heard that they're almost carbon copies of the original. Do you think it's worth dumping it now and getting ahold of the Brit version on dvd to try and savour the goodness?

I would miss Bill Macy, though.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 3:36 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Parenthood, The Good Wife etc, all back it seems...
Old Jan 19th 2011, 4:07 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MatK77
Argh...really? I've managed to be completely oblivious to the UK version up to now and have enjoyed the US show so far, but I've heard that they're almost carbon copies of the original. Do you think it's worth dumping it now and getting ahold of the Brit version on dvd to try and savour the goodness?

I would miss Bill Macy, though.
Yes, the British one is a class piece of TV and well worth watching, the US one is a complete copy but not done as well.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 4:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Parenthood, The Good Wife etc, all back it seems...
and Criminal Minds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.