Tele

Old Apr 5th 2011, 5:05 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tele

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Started watching Ken Burns' The Civil War Sunday night on PBS. I've missed it before, oh well better late than never. It is excellent!!
The missus loved that series and it really is one of the better ones, plus he's got a lovely voice
Old Apr 7th 2011, 4:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Breaking In

The new show with Christian Slater...it's a bit poo really.

Looked like it had potential from the trailers about a bunch of folks paid to break in and steal things as a security company, but really, they're just a bunch of annoying gits and it's all a bit shit.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
they're just a bunch of annoying gits and it's all a bit shit.
Pretty much sums it up. Body of Proof has been dumped from the DVR. Dana Delaney has this smug look that just rubs me up the wrong way.
Sadly, I'm looking more forward to the likes of In Plain sight and Burn Notice returning than anything the major networks are throwing our way.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 7:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by cluedweasel
Pretty much sums it up. Body of Proof has been dumped from the DVR. Dana Delaney has this smug look that just rubs me up the wrong way.
Sadly, I'm looking more forward to the likes of In Plain sight and Burn Notice returning than anything the major networks are throwing our way.
Aye, the new run of shows haven't been that great, which is a shame.

Am liking Endgame, but that's Canadian and also Camelot, but everything else seem to be finishing up or imports right now.
Old Apr 9th 2011, 6:39 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Dana Delaney has this smug look that just rubs me up the wrong way.
This a million times. I can't watch anything with her in...urgh.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 9:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Anyone catch the Burn Notice Prequel? All about the Sam character? He also had a bit of a weekend showing didn't he?Those Dead movies of awesome

oh, Game of Thrones started, another Camelot type of deal I think that looked food.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 12:35 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Anyone catch the Burn Notice Prequel? All about the Sam character? He also had a bit of a weekend showing didn't he?Those Dead movies of awesome
ahh bugger I meant to watch that and forgot.

Mob Wives
It started last night.
OMFG!!!! the most awful, trashy, terrible reality tv ever.....therefore.....bloody brilliant!!!
Old Apr 19th 2011, 3:50 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Bob

oh, Game of Thrones started, another Camelot type of deal...
Seemed to have weird werewolfy type shit and a lot of incest...and weirdo's...bit shit really, but might be worth a second episode, Sean Bean, Mark Addy, the Midget....
Old Apr 20th 2011, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Zap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bob
Seemed to have weird werewolfy type shit and a lot of incest...and weirdo's...bit shit really, but might be worth a second episode, Sean Bean, Mark Addy, the Midget....
As a fan of the series of books it's based on (A Song of Ice and Fire, by George RR Martin) I can highly recommend it as a read, plus the first episode (at least) seems fairly loyal to the source material (in the same way the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was)

It's a highly political and intricate fantasy series, with element of high fantasy (e.g. dragons) woven into it.

I'm also a fan of the spinoff boardgame!

I'd recommend anyone gives the series a few episodes to begin - it has a large cast of characters with interwoven stories that eventually all come together.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 12:39 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Zap-Robo
As a fan of the series of books it's based on (A Song of Ice and Fire, by George RR Martin) I can highly recommend it as a read, plus the first episode (at least) seems fairly loyal to the source material (in the same way the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was)

It's a highly political and intricate fantasy series, with element of high fantasy (e.g. dragons) woven into it.

I'm also a fan of the spinoff boardgame!

I'd recommend anyone gives the series a few episodes to begin - it has a large cast of characters with interwoven stories that eventually all come together.
The fact that it's been commissioned for a second series already means they have high hopes.

I'll still give it a few episodes as the trailers were interesting, but they had better improve the story plots, acting and everything in the next few episodes as it really was a bit shit with pointless gore and boobs for the sake of it.

Camelot is also a bit meh, but they got straight into the story plot line at least.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 12:21 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

<--------------is already tired of my Bones reruns being prempted by the NBA Playoffs.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
<--------------is already tired of my Bones reruns being prempted by the NBA Playoffs.
Do you have Netflix? They have Bones on there as an instant view option.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bob
I'll still give it a few episodes as the trailers were interesting, but they had better improve the story plots, acting and everything in the next few episodes as it really was a bit shit with pointless gore and boobs for the sake of it.

Camelot is also a bit meh, but they got straight into the story plot line at least.
Strangely enough, the end of the first episode is about the same point as I gave up with the book.

As for Camelot, I still think the actor playing Arthur is the weak link there. He doesn't have the same presence as someone like Jonathan Rhys Meyers did in The Tudors.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 7:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

As for Camelot, I still think the actor playing Arthur is the weak link there. He doesn't have the same presence as someone like Jonathan Rhys Meyers did in The Tudors.
I agree with that...but what I am liking is how the myths came about from half truths and the like such as the sword, that was pretty cool.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 8:52 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have Netflix? They have Bones on there as an instant view option.
No, no Netflix, I just stared waching it last year, so trying to get up to speed. I know you can watch the new episodes the next week on the network site. Those come on too late for me to watch the actual time the are on.

Thank you,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.