Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Taking your gun to another state drama...

Taking your gun to another state drama...

Old Apr 7th 2009, 7:28 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking your gun to another state drama...

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I have no idea what you're talking about now with regards to police and the 2nd Amendment; I only said plenty of cops support it.
Yes, and this doesn’t help your case, if you go along with Octang’s assessment of the law enforcement community, which I didn’t see anybody challenge yesterday.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=375

If the “biggest criminal gang out there” support the second amendment you could argue logically that peaceful, law–abiding citizens would therefore think twice about preserving it

Last edited by elfman; Apr 7th 2009 at 7:33 am.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 7:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
Yes, and this doesn’t help your case, if you go along with Octang’s assessment of the law enforcement community, which I didn’t see anybody challenge yesterday.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=375

If the “biggest criminal gang out there” support the second amendment you could argue logically that peaceful, law–abiding citizens would therefore think twice about preserving it
lol, I guess so...
Old Apr 7th 2009, 7:54 am
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute

"picking holes in other peoples arguments"???????????

WTF! Dude ur livin' in cloud cuckoo land - You've ignored all my responses!

I'm gonna keep reading this thread, I love the stories from his past, think he might have Walter Mitty sydrome

Though I think you should do the decent thing and abandon any desire to own a nasty .22 rifle, that is in the wrong hands a lethal weapon!
Old Apr 7th 2009, 7:59 am
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paul1968mcr
"picking holes in other peoples arguments"???????????

WTF! Dude ur livin' in cloud cuckoo land - You've ignored all my responses!

I'm gonna keep reading this thread, I love the stories from his past, think he might have Walter Mitty sydrome

Though I think you should do the decent thing and abandon any desire to own a nasty .22 rifle, that is in the wrong hands a lethal weapon!
Paul, I think you are addressing me ? I quite like being called 'dude' - images of slick jackets and nice hats

I don't ignore anyone deliberately - put a point to me and I will tell you what I think

I have a character flaw in that when someone calls me names or swears at me I tend to slap back - so as long as you don't do that, we can play with the subject, and I will convince you about guns and then the jobs a good 'un

ps I got my firearms certificate in 1963 and I haven't killed anyone I care to talk about so far

- ok I am a poor shot

Last edited by exvj; Apr 7th 2009 at 8:02 am.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Taking your gun to another state drama...

Using the same theory that any Cop who is issued a Taser, is required to be zapped by one, before he is given it - I think that any citizen who needs to own a gun should be shot by one first.

Anyone agree????

Jim.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:19 am
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

There are bad police in every country including the UK.
I was in Leeds City Police in 1968 and they had a scheme going whereby all the car crashes were given to a certain towing company and the police got a backhander in cash at the back of the garage. I saw it and I refused to join in. The rest of my shift vandalised my private car on night shift and smeared it with human excreta
I resigned and joined the West Yorkshire Police and they were virtually all fine people. The Leeds thing went bad and some police were jailed - Leeds got shut down and combined with West Yorkshire
Only bad thing I saw in the next 5 years was when I was a detective and I had to slip the expenses clerk some money to get paid same week instead of end of the month. Oh and the Superintendent changed a guys file so it read that he had passed the promotion exams - fellow freemasons you see. I passed the sergeant's exam then came 4th in the UK in the Inspector's exam - I bet the poster who thinks I am a Walter Mitty is totally convinced now - chuckle

So the Police in the US will be the same - within an hour of entering Washington for the first time, I got a speeding ticket and the Officer was a really nice kid and you can just tell when they are not baddies

I prefer to give the Police the benefit of the doubt until I know different - my dad used to say you can see their character on their faces - I have found that to be true so many times.

There will be roughnecks who get sadistic pleasure out of killing people and I bet they savour the idea - but most of em dont want to kill or be killed and would not vote for handing weapons out to everyone as a 'right'
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by exvj
There are bad police in every country including the UK.
I was in Leeds City Police in 1968 and they had a scheme going whereby all the car crashes were given to a certain towing company and the police got a backhander in cash at the back of the garage. I saw it and I refused to join in. The rest of my shift vandalised my private car on night shift and smeared it with human excreta
I resigned and joined the West Yorkshire Police and they were virtually all fine people. The Leeds thing went bad and some police were jailed - Leeds got shut down and combined with West Yorkshire
Only bad thing I saw in the next 5 years was when I was a detective and I had to slip the expenses clerk some money to get paid same week instead of end of the month. Oh and the Superintendent changed a guys file so it read that he had passed the promotion exams - fellow freemasons you see. I passed the sergeant's exam then came 4th in the UK in the Inspector's exam - I bet the poster who thinks I am a Walter Mitty is totally convinced now - chuckle

So the Police in the US will be the same - within an hour of entering Washington for the first time, I got a speeding ticket and the Officer was a really nice kid and you can just tell when they are not baddies

I prefer to give the Police the benefit of the doubt until I know different - my dad used to say you can see their character on their faces - I have found that to be true so many times.

There will be roughnecks who get sadistic pleasure out of killing people and I bet they savour the idea - but most of em dont want to kill or be killed and would not vote for handing weapons out to everyone as a 'right'
Giving back handers to towing companies... well it almost compares to the 4 down here who were charged with running drugs, or the ones in NY who were charged with killing people for the mafia, or the ones in Texas fining Black people illegally.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:31 am
Banned

is that a curry house ?
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:38 am
Banned

Giving back handers to towing companies... well it almost compares to the 4 down here who were charged with running drugs, or the ones in NY who were charged with killing people for the mafia, or the ones in Texas fining Black people illegally.
Well the Americans can either leave their society and their constution 'as is' and live like this for the next x hundred years, or do something about it

More guns for more people doesn't seem to be working - it's a failure and everyone in the whole wide world knows it - not that anyone in America cares

Mitt Romney says that the US is 'The finest country that has ever existed in the history of the world' - so there we have it - mission accomplished, no need to change anything

Think I will buy myself some body armour and a home depot flat pack bunker
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:38 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Any summary of the guff in this thread, about another 10 pages since I last checked in?

Guns are bad, don't curtail peoples freedoms and people are trolls pretty much the summary, again?
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bob
Any summary of the guff in this thread, about another 10 pages since I last checked in?

Guns are bad, don't curtail peoples freedoms and people are trolls pretty much the summary, again?
Same old thing Bob...
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by exvj
Well the Americans can either leave their society and their constution 'as is' and live like this for the next x hundred years, or do something about it

More guns for more people doesn't seem to be working - it's a failure and everyone in the whole wide world knows it - not that anyone in America cares

Mitt Romney says that the US is 'The finest country that has ever existed in the history of the world' - so there we have it - mission accomplished, no need to change anything

Think I will buy myself some body armour and a home depot flat pack bunker
I don't think corrupt policing has much to do with the constitution, except that the corrupt police are breaking the laws in it.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:46 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Bob

Yes that's about right - did you miss the bit where I accidentally bought $38k of Rio Tinto (RTP) while answering a post ?

aaargghh

I sold it within seconds and made 250 dollars - phew

All in all, not a bad day and I think the gun debate is now over and I have convinced all the billy the kids and Bonnie and Clydes and they are turning their guns in right now - that's why it's quiet
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:52 am
Banned

I don't think corrupt policing has much to do with the constitution, except that the corrupt police are breaking the laws in it.
All the US Police will be shot by the militias as incited by article no2, and then I will be proved wrong about the value of guns
The militias will then move on to gays/lezzies/immigrants/commies/makers of japanese sedans/ people without goatee beards or red pickups etc and once they have been cleaned up, the US will be at the forefront of the wholesome moral universe once more

Bring on the future !
Old Apr 7th 2009, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
I'm still dubious.

One of the reasons that this is a tricky subject is that it combines two, very real, issues. One, of course, is firearms. The other is freedom and the, perfectly reasonable, desire to curb the expansionist nature of public sector parasitism and control.
I don't think the two are contradictory. You can support gun ownership (which I'm now reluctantly accepting) while also favoring stricter controls (which I am strongly in favor of).

Check out this page - pretty bland presentation, 'survey of surveys' type of thing. Looks pretty fair to me.

Some sample figures:

"(in favor of) Preventing all Americans from owning guns"
For - 13%; Against: 87%

"Requiring gun owners to register their guns with the local government"
For - 79%; Against: 20%

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.