Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Susan Boyle taken to the Priory

Susan Boyle taken to the Priory

Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Susan Boyle taken to the Priory

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
Just saw this report on the Beeb:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8076413.stm

Doesn't look good .

When did Susan Boyle ever look good ?
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:46 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I agree. We all know what the euphemisms really mean.

She's high strung and weird like a lot of creative (and some not so creative) people. I think I'd prefer to be known worldwide as being "difficult" or "eccentric" rather than somebody with "learning disabilities" or "learning difficulties" who was deprived of oxygen at birth. Now instead she'll be forever known as the retard that had the spaz attack when she didn't win BGT.

She reminds me of one of my SILs. Except my SIL doesn't have any sort of talent. Anyway, she's 40+, doesn't drive, has no friends, works at a daycare, lives in my In Laws basement in the same room she's had since she was a young teen, spends all of her free time watching tv, has a severe case of "packrat syndrome" and is extremely freaked out by any sort of change in her routine. She's completely functional, by that I mean she holds a job, keeps her finances in order and as far as I know made it through high school with no academic issues etc... She might be a little slow, but I think her problem is much more social than intellectual. If I were take her and throw her into the same situation as that Scottish woman, I could pretty much assure you she'd have a complete breakdown. Hell, moving one of the boxes of shit she has piled in the basement would pretty much trigger an episode of some sort...
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:47 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
When did Susan Boyle ever look good ?
When they arrested her and shoved the sack over her head.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:48 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Hell, moving one of the boxes of shit she has piled in the basement would pretty much trigger an episode of some sort...
Oh I'd just have to move her stuff around then hide to watch her freak when she came back just for fun.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:52 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
She reminds me of one of my SILs. Except my SIL doesn't have any sort of talent. Anyway, she's 40+, doesn't drive, has no friends, works at a daycare, lives in my In Laws basement in the same room she's had since she was a young teen, spends all of her free time watching tv, has a severe case of "packrat syndrome" and is extremely freaked out by any sort of change in her routine. She's completely functional, by that I mean she holds a job, keeps her finances in order and as far as I know made it through high school with no academic issues etc... She might be a little slow, but I think her problem is much more social than intellectual. If I were take her and throw her into the same situation as that Scottish woman, I could pretty much assure you she'd have a complete breakdown. Hell, moving one of the boxes of shit she has piled in the basement would pretty much trigger an episode of some sort...
Yeah, I think we've gone waaay overboard with singling out every single different personality/social/mental type ever known to man. The truth is that there have always been unique/different people and IMO unless they cannot function it's really no big whooptie shit. Fitting in socially is overrated anyway.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 3:27 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Oh I'd just have to move her stuff around then hide to watch her freak when she came back just for fun.

It's not pretty, that's for sure...

She has two single car garage sized sheds in the back yard filled floor to rafters with boxes of crap in addition to the basement crap. The only thing she's lacking is an affinity for cats. My wife has pretty much resigned herself to the fact that we are going to find her sister under a pile of boxes someday. Well we won't, because we live four hours away, thank God.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 4:50 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Well she will now.
Any time somebody acts spazzy from now on we'll call it, "Doing a Susan Boyle" !

It will be in the Urban Dictionary by next week.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SagenOnion
...says someone from Mississippi
I'm just residing here, not from here.....
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 8:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Any time somebody acts spazzy from now on we'll call it, "Doing a Susan Boyle" !

It will be in the Urban Dictionary by next week.
Susan Boyle in the Urban Dictionary

Definition #3???
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 8:39 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Toontje
Now that you mention it.