Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Susan Boyle taken to the Priory

Susan Boyle taken to the Priory

Old Jun 1st 2009, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Susan Boyle taken to the Priory

Just saw this report on the Beeb:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8076413.stm

Doesn't look good if the doctors had to call the police in so that they could section her, not good at all.....

It's been a while since I was present when a patient was sectioned in the community, I only ever saw the police called if they were very uncooperative.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Susan Boyle taken to the Priory

It's late, I missed this line:

"At the request of doctors, police accompanied the ambulance. "
Old Jun 1st 2009, 3:34 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

i feel sorry for her. She has been labelled as the ugly badly dressed woman now and shes stuck with it. Must be hard to deal with that.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

ellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really niceellimere is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
It's late, I missed this line:

"At the request of doctors, police accompanied the ambulance. "
That would've probably been to do with media intrusion rather than her being a danger - it's sad that even the BBC has stated that line and is a bit sensationalist.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 3:52 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's for the best anyways, whether or not she's had a breakdown or just wants away from publicity for a bit.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 4:03 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Coming second was probably in the long run the best thing that could have happened. She should lose some of the focus now and can deal with her stresses Then when ready get a record deal or do whatever she wants to do with her singing under a bit less pressure.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 4:50 am
UNFORGIVABLE

YoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of light

I can why she is under stress. It was an extremely fast come up for her. She quickly became the competition favorite and now its all over with a loss.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 5:04 am
Banned

srah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to all

Originally Posted by YoungSteve17
I can why she is under stress. It was an extremely fast come up for her. She quickly became the competition favorite and now its all over with a loss.
Not a loss for her....she's got Simon Cowell backing her and hopefully she will bounce back and enjoy a healthy/wealthy lifestyle from now on.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 5:59 am
UNFORGIVABLE

YoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of light

Yea i know but i think she thought she had Britain's got talent in the bag. I think it was a big let down for her.

I hope she doesn't get to messed up off of this. She had a hard enough life as it is before she became famous.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

BigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really nice

I feel terrible for her (is there a sarcasm smiley?)
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

eastender is an unknown quantity at this point

Not that money is everything, but she suposedly has a $10 mill tour in the bag already.
Should cushion the blow
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

As she has a learning difficulty, she might struggle more than a person of normal intellect.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:52 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I was sorry to read that yesterday evening. Can only imagine the emotional strain on Ms. Boyle from friends, families, fans, etc. Change your appearance, talk openly to the press, make a record contract, etc. etc.

What with her low profile former lifestyle and her learning difficulties being thrust into the limelight as she was (although she was the one who entered) cannot have been easy for her at all.

Hope she comes to terms with her new life in short order and finds happiness and contentment.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I was sorry to read that yesterday evening. Can only imagine the emotional strain on Ms. Boyle from friends, families, fans, etc. Change your appearance, talk openly to the press, make a record contract, etc. etc.

What with her low profile former lifestyle and her learning difficulties being thrust into the limelight as she was (although she was the one who entered) cannot have been easy for her at all.
Hope she comes to terms with her new life in short order and finds happiness and contentment.
There were a number of children around the ages of 10-12 that were reduced to tears, including one ten year girl begging for a second chance as she had forgotten her words. It was awful to watch.

I am sure they also agreed to enter the competition but young children and adults with learning difficulties maybe lack the capacity to foresee & cope with the level of pressure. I wouldn't be surprised if the rules are changed on next year's entries, although this year's show would have been a much poorer event without the Susan Boyle and the youngsters.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:15 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

What "learning difficulties" does she have exactly?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.