Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Support America! Spout rubbish!

Support America! Spout rubbish!

Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:27 am
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Support America! Spout rubbish!

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
$600 per person if you make under 75k per year
It wouldn't happen to work out such that if you have 2 dependents you get $1800 if you make under 225k?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:31 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Actually, my wife has quietly mentioned wanting a larger TV. She says it's a pain to watch 16:9 movies on a 21in screen. I'm not spending a grand on a TV though.
Are you sure she was talking about a larger TV?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:33 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
Are you sure she was talking about a larger TV?
You think she wants a full size transvestite instead of our faithful midget one?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:36 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hatfield1
SURE your wife wants a bigger one. She is really in to the different aspect ratios…

Just get a projector. Bigger picture takes up less space and cheapish.

That would be great for watching movies, but there is a bulb life issue and my wife is the type that has the TV on constantly "for noise".:curse::curse:
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:33 am
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

That would be great for watching movies, but there is a bulb life issue and my wife is the type that has the TV on constantly "for noise".:curse::curse:
1. Knock out the living room wall with a back-hoe.
2. Hang some old sheets (she won't miss) on a tree.
3. Get a used drive in movie projector & set it up round the side of the house.

Thats class redneck widescreen TV.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:45 am

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yup the lamps can be pricy. Sounds like she could use some headphones.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:07 am
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't bother listening to the 'Address' last night, I had to do school work. But can anyone tell me who is eligible for the cash....I don't want to get all excited about if DH and aren't going to be in for some $$. We'll have to stick to stimulating each other instead of the economy, I guess.
Found this on the www.
I think it passed the house and is at the Senate now.

"Under the tentative plan, families with children would receive an additional $300 per child, subject to an overall cap of perhaps $1,200, according to a senior House aide who outlined the deal on condition of anonymity in advance of formal adoption of the whole package. Rebates would go to people earning below a certain income cap, likely individuals earning $75,000 or less and couples with incomes of $150,000 or less.

Workers would have to have earned at least $3,000 in 2007 to receive the rebates, the officials said."
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:17 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil
It wouldn't happen to work out such that if you have 2 dependents you get $1800 if you make under 225k?
nope, i don't think so
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

ElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to behold

I stimulated the economy yesterday, by spending too much money at the Lancome counter at Macy's. I only went in for a mascara, but the girl on the counter paid me a compliment. Usually, I'll drop my knickers for anyone who does that, but I didn't deem it appropriate in this particular case. I just bought the entire counter instead
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:14 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Xebedee
Found this on the www.
I think it passed the house and is at the Senate now.

"Under the tentative plan, families with children would receive an additional $300 per child, subject to an overall cap of perhaps $1,200, according to a senior House aide who outlined the deal on condition of anonymity in advance of formal adoption of the whole package. Rebates would go to people earning below a certain income cap, likely individuals earning $75,000 or less and couples with incomes of $150,000 or less.

Workers would have to have earned at least $3,000 in 2007 to receive the rebates, the officials said."
Thanks! I hope it actually happens, we could use the bonus $$ for plane tickets. DH just got in under the wire......he started working in November.

Last edited by tamms_1965; Jan 29th 2008 at 11:18 am.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:17 am
Queen of my house

Originally Posted by ElaineQ
I stimulated the economy yesterday, by spending too much money at the Lancome counter at Macy's. I only went in for a mascara, but the girl on the counter paid me a compliment. Usually, I'll drop my knickers for anyone who does that, but I didn't deem it appropriate in this particular case. I just bought the entire counter instead
My downfall is the Estee Lauder counter. The lady that always takes care of me is sooooooooo good at leading me (and DH) astray.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:20 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElaineQ
Hello gorgeous
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

My downfall is the Estee Lauder counter. The lady that always takes care of me is sooooooooo good at leading me (and DH) astray.
The DH wears makeup?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

ElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
The DH wears makeup?
And a dog collar!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Swines, aren't they. Is she on commission?!

Originally Posted by Thydney
Hello gorgeous

How did I know that was coming?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.