Suicide !!

Old Feb 16th 2011, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

coastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Suicide !!

I'm sorry for the dramatic headline , I just didn't know how else to put it.

I came back from the UK. after burying my Niece , ( 38 yrs old,with a 5 year battle with breast cancer ).

4 day's after I get back to California they find my pal hanging in his motorhome

I was just wondering if anybody has had any experience with suicide, there was no note, some health and personal issues, but nothing too desperate. He was a happy guy generally.

He was 58 years old, a good mate and I miss him.

Thanks

Mick
Old Feb 16th 2011, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suicide !!

I'm sorry for your losses.
I don't know what to tell you about the suicide, one of my daughter's friends took his life 3 years ago. I don't think any of his friends saw it coming, he must have been one of those people who put a "mask" over any pain they were carrying. He also left no note, he did delete his myspace. Your friend probably didn't want to burden you with any troubles he had, maybe in a wierd way he wants you to focus on the happy times, not the end.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 3:24 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

A mate's brother hung himself, a cousin's husbands dad ate a shotgun and my brother knew a woman who did pills after her husband was crushed by a train in a work accident close to anniversary of their son dying which was her fault as she dropped a hair dryer or something in the bath tub.

No idea the why's or anything, but it's pretty horrid for everyone concerned, friends family etc.

Condolences on your loss!
Old Feb 16th 2011, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

coastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Thank's to you both.

I just can't make sense of it .

I went from , shock , to anger, then to guilt, and almost to acceptance.

He left a lot of S**t in the garage as well...

Last edited by coastieexpat; Feb 16th 2011 at 3:59 am. Reason: missed a bit !
Old Feb 16th 2011, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

My nephew killed himself about 15 years ago - he was in his mid 20's - to this day nobody really knows why he did it - even with hindsight there were no obvious signs before it happened. It really shakes you for all sorts of reasons not least of which is the realization that there was obviously a lot that you didn't know about someone that you thought you knew really well.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 4:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

My condolences coastieexpat, it must be hard to lose a good mate in such circumstances.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
My condolences coastieexpat, it must be hard to lose a good mate in such circumstances.

Thanks love,

You know , if he had suffered from a heart attack I could understand it.

But that's life I suppose......
Old Feb 16th 2011, 4:55 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I have nothing else to say, other than I am sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

People can appear "happy" and have major clinical depression - you just never know, sometimes even when you live with someone, what is going on in their head. You have to be mentally ill to decide that suicide is a good solution (or the only solution, as I am sure they see it).

You just have to forgive him, concentrate on the good stuff, and move on - a lot harder than it sounds, I know. I don't think the "why" ever goes away when someone commits suicide without warning.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 1:05 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coastieexpat
I'm sorry for the dramatic headline , I just didn't know how else to put it.

I came back from the UK. after burying my Niece , ( 38 yrs old,with a 5 year battle with breast cancer ).

4 day's after I get back to California they find my pal hanging in his motorhome

I was just wondering if anybody has had any experience with suicide, there was no note, some health and personal issues, but nothing too desperate. He was a happy guy generally.

He was 58 years old, a good mate and I miss him.

Thanks

Mick
Unfortunately I've lost a few people to suicide and it's always devastating and often impossible to understand. A book I'd recommend is "Dying to be free" which is a great help in dealing with the gamut of emotions that come with experiencing the loss of loved one from suicide.
or "Night Falls Fast" which is a thoroughly powerful book, at times incredibly upsetting, raw and insightful.

I'm sorry you're going through this, I know it isn't easy.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

BrittanyB is on a distinguished road

I'm very sorry for your loss, but I'm not sure how much help an online forum could really give you with such a devastating situation. Have you checked out support groups locally? I know that there are several support groups for grieving family/friends who have lost someone to suicide , and if there is one in your area, that might be something to look into. It might give you a bit more comfort to talk to people in person, face to face.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 3:13 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

"..ate a shotgun". Way to be tactful, there, Bob...

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. And it's really cruel to those who are left behind. Very cruel.

Just don't do it.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BrittanyB
I'm very sorry for your loss, but I'm not sure how much help an online forum could really give you with such a devastating situation. Have you checked out support groups locally? I know that there are several support groups for grieving family/friends who have lost someone to suicide , and if there is one in your area, that might be something to look into. It might give you a bit more comfort to talk to people in person, face to face.
:

Well it has helped, I'm a fairly strong fellow and I have been through worse. I am afraid I started this thread when I was in my cups last night

I just wanted to hear other peoples experiences, perhaps this was not the appropriate forum, I just felt some camaraderie with the people on here.

I do have people to talk to, he had many friends, who are friends of mine.

Thanks for your support.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 3:53 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BrittanyB
Nothing wrong with local support groups but we're surprisingly not as useless as you might think.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for your recent losses, Coastie. As someone else said, a bereavment support group might help. If it doesn't suit you or your circumstances, I'm sure there would be no need to stay. Take care of yourself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.