Stupid Injuries

Old Mar 25th 2011, 8:30 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stupid Injuries

I opened the fridge and a packet of parmesan cheese fell out and hit my foot. I started bleeding a little bit, so went to the bathroom to get a plaster. I didn't realise, but it must have hit an unfortunate place as by the time I had got to the bathroom (hopping on one foot) I had managed to get blood all over my kitchen tiles, lounge tiles, cream bedroom carpet, bathroom tiles and side of the bath. Doh! I then had to try and stop the dog and toddler spreading it even further while I stopped the bleeding.

What stupid injuries have you had recently? It may help me not feel quite so stupid
Old Mar 26th 2011, 12:39 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Injuries

The other day I bent over to pick up something from the kitchen floor. I miss judged how close I was to the counter and smacked my forehead on the counter top. I've never done that before, it had Dh in fits of laughter, I stumbled about and yelled at him for not being sympathetic, no blood just a nice bruise.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 12:46 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

I broke my collarbone on a bouncy castle when I was 11. Not recent, I know, but has some intrinsic comedy value.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 12:59 am

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys!
Old Mar 26th 2011, 1:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

I scraped my knuckle on the side of a swimming pool and scraped off the skin, took 3 weeks for it to heal fully.
On Monday I shut my finger in a box of cat litter and now have a 1/4 inch long blood blister on my finger.
2 days ago I accidentally stabbed myself in the belly with a needle and now have a massive purple bruise.

Those are just some of the ones from the past few weeks!
Old Mar 26th 2011, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
2 days ago I accidentally stabbed myself in the belly with a needle and now have a massive purple bruise.

Now I have taken the bloody plaster off, there is a very disappointingly small hole. It is a mystery how so much blood got everywhere. Now I can't even show it off to get sympathy.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 1:49 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Now then yes I know what you're all thinking but man or woman a nail that breaks on the pink bit/nail plate F..............................K that hurts.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 4:25 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

about 3 weeks ago i got out of a very hot bath as i had foot cramps and couldnt get relaxed. I felt faint so i leant my arms on the bathroom counter. Next thing i know i was on the floor. I had managed to faint and smack my forehead striaght into the counter and then topple back into the wall and cut my head open.

I had a huge egg on my eyebrows, a ride strapped on a stretcher in an ambulance (as i felt faint ever time i sat up), 5 hours in the emergency dept, 2 litres of saline, 10 staples in my scalp, and 2 black eyes the next day! All from a hot bath!! Oh and i got blood all over the bathroom floor tiles and grout, the bathroom wall and skirting board and the light coloured towells! And this was all a week before i started my new job so i had to go in with two black eyes ! (although they were fading!)

I think i win for feeling stupid!!!!
Old Mar 26th 2011, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Put on a pair of boots rushing so no socks - felt what I thought was a stone in my shoe - ignored it until I couldnt walk any more
Took said shoe of and lo and behold i had an earring stuck in my foot ---the stick which goes thro the ear was about half an inch in my foot
hobbled about for the rest of the day
Old Mar 26th 2011, 4:32 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
about 3 weeks ago i got out of a very hot bath as i had foot cramps and couldnt get relaxed. I felt faint so i leant my arms on the bathroom counter. Next thing i know i was on the floor. I had managed to faint and smack my forehead striaght into the counter and then topple back into the wall and cut my head open.

I had a huge egg on my eyebrows, a ride strapped on a stretcher in an ambulance (as i felt faint ever time i sat up), 5 hours in the emergency dept, 2 litres of saline, 10 staples in my scalp, and 2 black eyes the next day! All from a hot bath!! Oh and i got blood all over the bathroom floor tiles and grout, the bathroom wall and skirting board and the light coloured towells! And this was all a week before i started my new job so i had to go in with two black eyes ! (although they were fading!)

I think that one does win. Poor you.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 4:39 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I think that one does win. Poor you.
It was actually quite bizarre. The egg/eyes didnt hurt at all and the staples only hurt if you poked them. So it was the most pain free injury ive ever had lol!
Old Mar 26th 2011, 6:02 am
Just Joined

PauloA is an unknown quantity at this point

Funny Guys
Old Mar 26th 2011, 1:41 pm

Poor you! That does sound bad.

CAdreaming - that is like something I would do!
Old Mar 26th 2011, 4:42 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure about that! Two years ago I knocked myself down with my own truck. I had been to the vet and must have stepped in dog poo in the parking lot -- anyway, there was such a stink in the car I pulled into a side road, looked down and saw the yuk on my boot. So I leapt out to wipe it off on the grass. However, I'd left the engine running, the road was steep and I didn't realize that my handbrake hadn't held. As I got out the truck picked up momentum and the door swatted me face down in the road. By some miracle, I was just badly bruised, especially my face. I can't tell you how lucky I was I didn't lose any teeth.

But talk about feeling stupid -- in the emergency room, the nurses would come up to me and say "Are you the woman who lost the fight with her truck?"
Old Mar 26th 2011, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
I'm not sure about that! Two years ago I knocked myself down with my own truck. I had been to the vet and must have stepped in dog poo in the parking lot -- anyway, there was such a stink in the car I pulled into a side road, looked down and saw the yuk on my boot. So I leapt out to wipe it off on the grass. However, I'd left the engine running, the road was steep and I didn't realize that my handbrake hadn't held. As I got out the truck picked up momentum and the door swatted me face down in the road. By some miracle, I was just badly bruised, especially my face. I can't tell you how lucky I was I didn't lose any teeth.

But talk about feeling stupid -- in the emergency room, the nurses would come up to me and say "Are you the woman who lost the fight with her truck?"
I am just peeing myself reading this Nutmegger, that has to be the winner!!!! I bent down to pull my daughters TV plug out of the wall but misjudged and smacked my face right in to the TV, I had a cracker of a black eye, not a good look when you're supposed to be directing a Funeral the next day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.