stamps

Old May 23rd 2008, 1:16 am
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default stamps

how much are stamps and is there a standard first class??

I need to send some bills and a rebate - and so need to buy some stamps. However I have NO idea what i want! Ive been to PO to send a few things to england - but have not sussed out stamps yet. can i just go buy a book of first class? does it matter where in the country im sending it to?

and can i stick stuff in the post box thing at our mail boxes? i assume thats just like a post box that the mailman takes stuff from when he delivers our stuff???
Old May 23rd 2008, 1:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: stamps

Originally Posted by mellybrown

I need to send some bills and a rebate - and so need to buy some stamps. However I have NO idea what i want! Ive been to PO to send a few things to england - but have not sussed out stamps yet. can i just go buy a book of first class? does it matter where in the country im sending it to?

and can i stick stuff in the post box thing at our mail boxes? i assume thats just like a post box that the mailman takes stuff from when he delivers our stuff???
Ask for forever stamps...these send mail 1st class within the US and you can still use them when the price increases. Failing that ask for 1st class stamps. The price will differ depending which country you are sending the mail too. First class mail is now 42 cents.

I usually buy a couple of dozen first class stamps for Canada and the UK...because I regularly send mail to these countries. A regular envelope is now 94 cents to the UK.

http://www.usps.com/tools/calculatep...lculatepostage

Yes put the mail in your mail box and don't forget to put the flag up.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 23rd 2008 at 1:27 am.
Old May 23rd 2008, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mellybrown

I think stamps are 42 cents now. Yes you put the mail you want to send in your mail box and put the flag up so the mailman knows to take it. As for where you are sending it in the country, I don't know if you have to add extra stamps or not. How about going to your local post office and asking them how it all works? Im sure they would understand because you are from another country.
Old May 23rd 2008, 1:23 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

i use the usps site a lot for postage costs.

the standard first class within the US seems to be 42c. The international rate is 94c. Thats assuming its a standard small oblong envelope under 1 ounce.

I buy sheets of sticky stamps at the post office and keep them at home then any standard stuff i can just stick in the mailbox and put the flag up.

Their are some stamps that dont carry prices - can buy them from supermarkets etc but i forhet the special name.
Old May 23rd 2008, 2:20 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Every thing you need to know is here
http://www.usps.com/
Old May 23rd 2008, 1:58 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

i like the idea of forever stamps but they do some great designs on the stamp sheets. I am currently using a set of superhero ones (with wonderwoman, iron man etc) and previously had some great Star Wars ones.

the only thing you need to watch is the siz e of the envelope. they can be really funny about it - including charging more for square ones. pain in the arse since i brought a load of square crimbo cards with me!
Old May 23rd 2008, 3:28 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

thanks peeps - have been and got the forever stamps, and sent off the stuff - lets hope it gets there!!!