Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

So Texas is about to float away again

So Texas is about to float away again

Old May 9th 2019, 2:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default So Texas is about to float away again

To all you guys in the Lone Star State you need your life jackets on! Good luck and stay safe.

Reminding myself that next year when we are retired we are moving to higher ground!
Old May 9th 2019, 3:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So Texas is about to float away again

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
To all you guys in the Lone Star State you need your life jackets on! Good luck and stay safe.

Reminding myself that next year when we are retired we are moving to higher ground!
Good for you, SM. We are all going to under water sooner than we thought. Understand there is land for sale on Mt. Everest.
Old May 9th 2019, 4:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I was in Texas last week (DFW area) and some of the storms were crazy, could not believe how much water fell from the sky in such a short time, and the tornado warnings, yeah so not going to ever live there...lol
Old May 9th 2019, 4:30 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Younger Q boy was quite taken aback by the ferocity of the storms when he moved to New Mexico last year. His school has a lightning research facility on the mountain above the town. Langmuir Lab ยป
Old May 9th 2019, 5:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

This was supposed to be our long weekend to go on a road trip.

I guess we were destined not to go! First of all M had his heart problems again that have meant a bunch of hospital and doctor visits. Now we are on "flood" alert. Well at least we still took 2 days off and we can decide what to do if we are in the path of high water. So far we are just soggy but it is really what happens north of us and how it travels down stream.

I really wanted to enjoy my newly fenced in property this weekend. I guess I'll just look out the window.
Old May 9th 2019, 5:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

What got me about the storms was how big they were, on leaving Dallas last week, there were storms to the north, east, south, and mostly west, we flew through a corridor with big nasty storms on both sides, we flew for over an hour before we could turn and start flying the correct direction, added a good 45 minutes-1 hour to the flight. Never seen clouds so black and evil looking.
Old May 9th 2019, 7:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
What got me about the storms was how big they were, on leaving Dallas last week, there were storms to the north, east, south, and mostly west, we flew through a corridor with big nasty storms on both sides, we flew for over an hour before we could turn and start flying the correct direction, added a good 45 minutes-1 hour to the flight. Never seen clouds so black and evil looking.
Texas storms are pretty spectacular and I'm sorry you were caught up in it.
We have a lull right now and the sun is out but we know there is more to come. The Brazos River runs from the Dallas area right down to us on the coast so with all the rain up north for the last few weeks it is now breaking it's banks and flooding our rural areas. Plus we are supposed to get more storms here all weekend.
Old May 10th 2019, 5:41 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma

I guess we were destined not to go! First of all M had his heart problems again that have meant a bunch of hospital and doctor visits.
Best to M, hope he can be fixed up without anything to invasive.
Old May 10th 2019, 7:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lansbury
Best to M, hope he can be fixed up without anything to invasive.
Thanks mate. It's an ongoing problem that hopefully one of these days will be sorted. It would help if he stopped thinking he was superman
Old May 10th 2019, 7:59 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Understand from the news that parts of Houston are now flooded. Stay safe and thanks for sending those storms our way. I know you are happy to share.
Old May 10th 2019, 9:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rete
Understand from the news that parts of Houston are now flooded. Stay safe and thanks for sending those storms our way. I know you are happy to share.
Apparently we are not done yet. We have another round starting this evening. We are closer to the coast than Houston and it all makes it way to us. Lots of flooded roads and a few areas with homes under water. But so far we are just surrounded and are keeping our fingers crossed.
Sorry, I didn't mean to share! Hope it passes by quickly x
Old May 11th 2019, 2:15 pm
Concierge

The front yard culvert is full of standing water. It has no place to run off. I know the forecast was for 4 days of heavy storms with rain, thunder, lightning and tornado watches. Luckily, we are built on a small hill so that the front on a slight pitch up from the road while the back is 1/2 way down that 'hill'. Thankfully the french drain has been able to handle it up to now in the back. Please stay high and dry.
Old May 11th 2019, 2:32 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rete
The front yard culvert is full of standing water. It has no place to run off. I know the forecast was for 4 days of heavy storms with rain, thunder, lightning and tornado watches. Luckily, we are built on a small hill so that the front on a slight pitch up from the road while the back is 1/2 way down that 'hill'. Thankfully the french drain has been able to handle it up to now in the back. Please stay high and dry.
It's getting old now! We had a romantic candle lit supper for our anniversary as our power kept going on and off. Not as much overnight rain as predicted but not looking good for today. This is supposedly the last round. I hope so.
Old May 13th 2019, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Owen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck everyone. I remember how bad our area was in the tax day floods, as well as Harvey.
Old May 13th 2019, 9:27 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Owen778
Good luck everyone. I remember how bad our area was in the tax day floods, as well as Harvey.
How are things in Alaska, Owen? Still enjoying the new location?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.