Shelf Lining Paper

Old Jun 9th 2010, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shelf Lining Paper

Am I alone in hating this nasty sticky stuff? I have to remove it from a bunch of kitchen cabinets and a large pantry, it just seems to be a crud magnet.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Shelf Lining Paper

Not a fan either. Last place it was really stuck down so only option was sanding it out or taking it off like wallpaper.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to try and use a blow dryer to get it up.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light

Ohhhhhh Matron!
Old Jun 9th 2010, 10:11 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate it, too. I just put down paper towels and then change them out when they get icky.

Rene
Old Jun 10th 2010, 12:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

When we moved into our house 3 years ago, the kitchen drawers were stained and very ugly. I got a liner that looks just like cork and put that in all the drawers. And 3 years later, it still looks pretty good if you ask me. But of course, if it didn't look good, I can imagine that it would be a huge PITA to remove.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 12:30 am
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

You can get clear stuff, which is pretty cool. When we moved in a year ago, our kitchen cabinets were SO disgusting I refused to put our dishes away on the shelves. I lined all of them in the clear paper and felt a lot more comfortable... until we re-did the entire kitchen over Christmas.

Now it's BEAUTIFUL!

But yeah... that flowery stuff? Eugh.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 12:38 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

I use a sponge latice thing. Sort of rubbery. And black. How I like my men.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
When we moved into our house 3 years ago, the kitchen drawers were stained and very ugly. I got a liner that looks just like cork and put that in all the drawers. And 3 years later, it still looks pretty good if you ask me. But of course, if it didn't look good, I can imagine that it would be a huge PITA to remove.
Cork would be nice, I'm only responsible for removing this stuff.
Originally Posted by gingerert
You can get clear stuff, which is pretty cool. When we moved in a year ago, our kitchen cabinets were SO disgusting I refused to put our dishes away on the shelves. I lined all of them in the clear paper and felt a lot more comfortable... until we re-did the entire kitchen over Christmas.

Now it's BEAUTIFUL!

But yeah... that flowery stuff? Eugh.
This is flowery, but they made such a mess off putting it in, nothing is straight.

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
I had that feeling about you, not sure I'd go black though, doesn't go with the colour scheme.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 12:33 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bevinva
Am I alone in hating this nasty sticky stuff? I have to remove it from a bunch of kitchen cabinets and a large pantry, it just seems to be a crud magnet.

E-Gads - contact paper. That is so old.

It was the greatest thing to use back in the 60's and 70's.

In fact when I moved into my apartment in 1976, the back wall of the dinette was papered in flocked green/gold contact paper with black flocking. When it started to peel off, they used staples to hold it up. What a bi**h to remove.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm now having "sticky back plastic" flashbacks to those Blue Peter demos of how to make rooms for your Barbie/Cindy dolls. Toothpaste caps for cups and all that.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 1:14 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Your predilections aside, that stuff makes a great alternative to felt, for lining the cut outs on rifle racks. And, 'cos it's more grippy, a layer at the bottom of a vertical rack stops the butts from sliding around.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 1:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

I use that latice stuff too. Its a lot nicer to line the cupboards with, in our case they were brand new, along with the house.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 1:48 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I use that latice stuff too. Its a lot nicer to line the cupboards with, in our case they were brand new, along with the house.
It lets air in too.