Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Setanta / Fox Soccer Plus

Setanta / Fox Soccer Plus

Old Feb 10th 2010, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Setanta / Fox Soccer Plus

Just an update for the DirecTV people.

"How do I order Fox Soccer Plus?

DIRECTV is in discussions to come to an agreement to offer most of the same programming on Fox Soccer Plus that you received with Setanta Sports. We will continue to update this question as more information becomes available. "
Old Feb 11th 2010, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Peteusa will become famous soon enoughPeteusa will become famous soon enough

It appears that Cox are taking over Setanta in Phoenix and District. We keep getting the strip of advert along the bottom of the existing Setanta Channel saying 'look forward to Fox Soccer Plus, as of March Ist. I assume it'll be a pay channel, as Setanta is now?

Incidently, I dont think the existing Fox Soccer Channel is particularly high def, and the Setanta Channel is lousy by comparison.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 6:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

OK, so I had to talk to Directv the other day and asked about fox soccer plus. They said they will be offering it but it will be a "soccer package" which will have fox soccer plus, fox soccer channel, fox soccer channel HD and gol tv and the price will be $14.99 a month. Not sure how reliable that is but that's what the rep told me was showing on his computer. If so it's pretty good since the price is the same as setanta and if you don't already get gol tv and FSC (like me) you get those thrown in as well. I'll reserve excitement until it actually shows up available to buy.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 6:59 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
OK, so I had to talk to Directv the other day and asked about fox soccer plus. They said they will be offering it but it will be a "soccer package" which will have fox soccer plus, fox soccer channel, fox soccer channel HD and gol tv and the price will be $14.99 a month. Not sure how reliable that is but that's what the rep told me was showing on his computer. If so it's pretty good since the price is the same as setanta and if you don't already get gol tv and FSC (like me) you get those thrown in as well. I'll reserve excitement until it actually shows up available to buy.
So will FS+ get the pick of the live games over FSC?
Old Feb 25th 2010, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

orangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
That would be cool. I was paying $25 for both FSC and Setanta last year. I cut back to just Setanta this season and then had to get rid of that when money got even tighter. Will be very tempted to pay $15 for that package in March if it's correct. Especially as my Forest boys are doing so well!
Old Feb 25th 2010, 7:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
So will FS+ get the pick of the live games over FSC?
I would assume so since they would have the package that Setanta had previously. It's not really pick of the live games though, I think Setanta got first pick of Saturday games and FSC got first pick on Sunday unless they showed the early kickoff on Saturday. Or some such confusing thing. Oh, but ESPN picked up some so I don't know how that would work into it.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so what's the minimum monthly spend on DirecTV going to be to get the base package, the footy package (presuming the $15 is correct) and a PVR/DVR?
Old Feb 26th 2010, 12:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, if you get a referral from a customer (like me) you can get the basic package for $30 a month (12 month price, then $59), $7 for DVR, $10 for HD if you need it and $5 for additional receivers and then a $10 credit a month for 10 months with the referral. You can also get a whole bunch of credits for the first few months for various things like paperless billing, signing up for emails, free months of stars and showtime, etc. For instance my last bill was $30 which included $85 of credits. Those credits do run out after a while though!