Self Portraits

Old Jan 20th 2010, 3:03 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Self Portraits

done again...

(I can't stop looking at her work when I click on the site)..
Old Jan 20th 2010, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
done again...

(I can't stop looking at her work when I click on the site)..
The portraits are so arresting - can't do it yet but will later on.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gingerert
Done!

Her work is bleedin' GORGEOUS!

*starts saving pennies to buy an original*
I agree 100%. She deserves these votes absolutely

Voted again. 2nd day.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Melissande has a spectacular aura aboutMelissande has a spectacular aura aboutMelissande has a spectacular aura about

Done. Amazing work, btw.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 4:49 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gingerert
Done!

Her work is bleedin' GORGEOUS!

*starts saving pennies to buy an original*
You're all so wonderful about Ali's art! It makes her incredibly happy that so many people love her work.

Again, I'm uneasy about discussing the business side here, but here goes:

We know that the originals are too expensive for many people who would love to own her work, but the prices are already at the very lower end of the market for original oil-on-canvas.

We have talked and talked about starting to produce limited edition prints of some of her most popular works. We have a fine art printer who will work with us to produce giclée prints on canvas. These prints look very much like an oil painting, but are produced on specialized printers that will print a thick layer of ink that reproduces the effect of oil paint brushstrokes.

If anyone is interested, PM me and we can discuss. Typical prices for a limited edition print would be ~1/3 of the price of an original, so Ali's portraits would be ~$250, and her much larger tree series would be ~$650.

OK, that's the one and only time I'm going to talk about selling art on here. If anyone has questions about prints or originals, please go ahead and PM me!
Old Jan 20th 2010, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
You're all so wonderful about Ali's art! It makes her incredibly happy that so many people love her work.

We know that the originals are too expensive for many people who would love to own her work, but the prices are already at the very lower end of the market for original oil-on-canvas.

We have talked and talked about starting to produce limited edition prints of some of her most popular works. We have a fine art printer who will work with us to produce giclée prints on canvas. These prints look very much like an oil painting, but are produced on specialized printers that will print a thick layer of ink that reproduces the effect of oil paint brushstrokes.

If anyone is interested, PM me and we can discuss. Typical prices for a limited edition print would be ~1/3 of the price of an original, so Ali's portraits would be ~$250, and her much larger tree series would be ~$650.

OK, that's the one and only time I'm going to talk about selling art on here. If anyone has questions about prints or originals, please go ahead and PM me!
I was actually going to ask you if you were thinking of doing something like that. Will you be adding prints to the website or would you just produce them to order? I would be very interested but will have to approach the budget question diplomatically at home
Old Jan 20th 2010, 5:09 pm
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I would be very interested but will have to approach the budget question diplomatically at home
So you're telling husband you are buying some then?
Old Jan 20th 2010, 5:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sime303
So you're telling husband you are buying some then?
Maybe
Old Jan 20th 2010, 5:13 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I was actually going to ask you if you were thinking of doing something like that. Will you be adding prints to the website or would you just produce them to order? I would be very interested but will have to approach the budget question diplomatically at home
We would have them produced to order - printed locally, hand-stretched on wooden stretchers by Ali, then signed, numbered and varnished by her.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We would have them produced to order - printed locally, hand-stretched on wooden stretchers by Ali, then signed, numbered and varnished by her.
OK I will PM you when the time is right
Old Jan 20th 2010, 5:34 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry dbj1000, I love your Wife's work but I'm going to have to love them from afar..

I'm just happy to look at them on the web-site..
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:05 pm
Arrogant ****

Originally Posted by lisag8070
Sorry dbj1000, I love your Wife's work but I'm going to have to love them from afar..

I'm just happy to look at them on the web-site..
Hey, that's no problem at all! I'm happy if people enjoy looking at them in any format. Sales are just a bonus
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:10 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Done, sorry but didn't see the thread till today, otherwise would have voted before. great paintings
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:16 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Voted again.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 7:03 pm
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

That's good to know. I really really like her work, so if some spare cash happens to fall in to my lap, I think I know where's it's headed...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.