Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Seconds away... round three!

Seconds away... round three!

Old May 3rd 2010, 3:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seconds away... round three!

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
Is that a one off or annual
That's annual, from what I understand the registration is every two years
Old May 3rd 2010, 3:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_I
We had already looked around a few places when we were there for thanksgiving last year. We really liked this place so have an application in there now and just waiting for a response. We had to fill an international application form and send proof of ID and assets, but it's taking a bit longer than expected The leasing person on site says we have 'no worries' but I'm not so sure!

I think we found the car too, but it's not going to do us any favours in the property tax department!
Looks like a nice place, with you already having 'seen' it on your trip last year, you probably have a good idea of the area and what is around there, but you could probably ask on citydata.com (charleston are) forum, to get a residents opinion Apartments are usually pretty good, they will do a credit check (get referances if you can, from the bank there etc) and as long as they think you can afford the payments, you should be fine

That is the same car (color too) that we bought last month, so I will be able to give you a good idea of the taxes due pretty soon, hubby is going to sort the truck out in two weeks and will ask about the escape

When do you actually fly out of the UK?
Old May 3rd 2010, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Steve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
When do you actually fly out of the UK?
No firm plans yet as we're waiting to see when we can exchange contracts on the house. Surveyor was out last friday so it shouldn't be too long hopefully We've both worked our last day at work here so we're just enjoying the time off now! We're banking on early next month. The apartment is in a newly built area of Summerville, right next door to shopping,restaurants, cinema etc and the grounds look really well kept, but I might try a post on city-data as you suggested. Can't hurt to have a bit more knowledge!
Old May 3rd 2010, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Steve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond repute

Just got an email tonight to say we've been approved for the lease on the apartment, even though I have the credit score of someone who keeps all their worldly goods in a Walmart trolley! (sorry, shopping cart)
Old May 3rd 2010, 1:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just got an email tonight to say we've been approved for the lease on the apartment, even though I have the credit score of someone who keeps all their worldly goods in a Walmart trolley! (sorry, shopping cart)
That's good news! Now you just need to enjoy your last few weeks in blighty and spend some time with family/friends

One of the things I have heard from quite a few people that moved over here recently, is that they wish they had done a bit of 'sightseeing' back home before they left, could be a good opportunity for you guys to go visit a few places and take lots of pics
Old May 3rd 2010, 1:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I might try a post on city-data as you suggested. Can't hurt to have a bit more knowledge!
I know you have your confirmation for your apartment now, but I would still take a look over at the citydata forum, there are lots of interesting threads on there, lots of stuff I hadn't even thought of. Just don't open up the link in the snakes/bugs thread

Your wife may even enjoy watching some of the many videos that one of the members takes, in the different communities around Charleston.

(Added later....love ur username 'ukbloke'!! lol)

Last edited by Englishtart; May 3rd 2010 at 3:20 pm. Reason: added comment later