Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Ryanair have done it again...

Ryanair have done it again...

Old Jul 1st 2010, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

DMDA is a jewel in the roughDMDA is a jewel in the roughDMDA is a jewel in the roughDMDA is a jewel in the roughDMDA is a jewel in the rough
Default Ryanair have done it again...

...you wouldn't think there was another way for them to cram more passengers on a flight but they've come up with this ingenious idea...

Ryanair to sell standing room only seats

Let's hope the other airlines don't follow.

Last edited by DMDA; Jul 1st 2010 at 7:24 pm.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 7:27 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair have done it again...

Originally Posted by DMDA
...you wouldn't think there was another way for them to cram more passengers on a flight but they've come up with this ingenious idea...

Ryanair to sell standing room only seats

Let's hope the other airlines don't follow.
I could be pointing out two obvious things here:

a) Its obviously against CAA regulations..(having pax standing)..

b) Yer link doesnt work.....ok, it does now...
Old Jul 1st 2010, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Ryanair want to change the CAA regulations to suit its business model. Said model also includes additional baggage charges for July and August this year: http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance...gly-expensive/
Old Jul 1st 2010, 7:34 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeoffM
Ryanair want to change the CAA regulations to suit its business model. Said model also includes additional baggage charges for July and August this year: http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance...gly-expensive/
i think its been said elsewhere...

You get what you pay for. Personally I thought they were fine..

No frills and low bills...

Now if you dont read the fine print you may be in for a shock...
Old Jul 1st 2010, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

They might as well try to get Boeing and the CAA to approve the B737 for single pilot ops while they're at it if they really need to save money that badly
Old Jul 1st 2010, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SDDep
i think its been said elsewhere...

You get what you pay for. Personally I thought they were fine..

No frills and low bills...

Now if you dont read the fine print you may be in for a shock...
It's all been said before - the charging for toilets and vertical seats were both mooted several years ago. Now it seems he has the guts to go for it. Yes, it can be cheap IF you book everything in advance, AND don't take much baggage, AND don't check in, AND don't use a credit card, AND this, AND that. Point is, shop around because a "frills" airline might actually work out cheaper.

I did wonder whether they'd need an extra FA for the additional pax... no idea, but no doubt O'Leary would fight against it if so.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 8:22 pm
Dragon with a Wagon

Dudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant future

That's what happens when you have a government that likes to tax the hell out of everyone. If Branson can put beds on planes so people can join the mile high club, why can't Ryan Air do this, makes no sense to me
Old Jul 7th 2010, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Ryanair have done it again...

Charging for all sorts of stuff is one thing...

... but that god-awful colour scheme is just the worst...

... and if they start selling dark glasses so passengers can avoid the long-lasting damage Ryan Air's colour scheme does to the eyes, I'll know there's something fishy going on...

I heard a rumour also, that Ryan Air are thinking of charging people to read the small print...

Cheers

Harry