Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Reassure me please!!

Reassure me please!!

Old Jul 7th 2010, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Dharmaben is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Reassure me please!!

Hi, great great great site. Im a UKC getting the through the K-1 process with my fiancee whos waiting in the states.

A few years ago when I was young and restless I was denied a Tourist visa to go see her and backpack around a bit. Even though I was denied I went anyway and got in on the VWP. (No overstays or crimes or anything) I then went back a year later for 2 weeks but was denied entry due to my previous tourist visa denial, (do you see the issue?) I was let in weeks after the denial but not a year later! So having not seen my girlfriend of 7 years in 6 months I took 7 flights around the globe to get within feet of her and be sent back. So far through the process the denial of entry hasnt been an issue but im coming up to medical/interview time.

My question is:
Once my visa has been issued and Im standing there with it in my passport, do I need to worry about being sent back at the border or is an immigrant visa "a golden ticket"?
It may be a stupid question but from the last time Ive developed a complex and dont want to travel and spend money and hopes to be shooed away again.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 4:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reassure me please!!

Your previous entry denials will not affect your K-1 visa. You should be able to enter the USA with it, with no problems.

Rene
Old Jul 7th 2010, 4:49 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dharmaben
Hi, great great great site. Im a UKC getting the through the K-1 process with my fiancee whos waiting in the states.

A few years ago when I was young and restless I was denied a Tourist visa to go see her and backpack around a bit. Even though I was denied I went anyway and got in on the VWP. (No overstays or crimes or anything) I then went back a year later for 2 weeks but was denied entry due to my previous tourist visa denial, (do you see the issue?) I was let in weeks after the denial but not a year later! So having not seen my girlfriend of 7 years in 6 months I took 7 flights around the globe to get within feet of her and be sent back. So far through the process the denial of entry hasnt been an issue but im coming up to medical/interview time.

My question is:
Once my visa has been issued and Im standing there with it in my passport, do I need to worry about being sent back at the border or is an immigrant visa "a golden ticket"?
It may be a stupid question but from the last time Ive developed a complex and dont want to travel and spend money and hopes to be shooed away again.
I'm not as confident as Rene... What were the circumstances of your VWP entry after the visa denial?
You applied for a B visa?
You were denied (lack of ties probably)?
You traveled on the VWP anyway... did you declare the visa denial at the border?
You were admitted and stayed, left the US and returned 2 weeks later. At that time, you were denied entry because of the visa denial?

You're now coming up on your interview date. Have you completed your visa application forms?
If so, have you included the information about the denied visa & denied entry?

The K visa is not a golden ticket, and you can be denied entry even when holding it. We've seen several cases posted over the years; you can imagine how crushing it is to be denied entry at that point. However, if something comes out that the border agent thinks makes you inadmissible & that should have been dealt with at the Consulate, s/he can deny your admission.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
I'm not as confident as Rene... What were the circumstances of your VWP entry after the visa denial?
You applied for a B visa?
You were denied (lack of ties probably)?
You traveled on the VWP anyway... did you declare the visa denial at the border?
You were admitted and stayed, left the US and returned 2 weeks later. At that time, you were denied entry because of the visa denial?

You're now coming up on your interview date. Have you completed your visa application forms?
If so, have you included the information about the denied visa & denied entry?

The K visa is not a golden ticket, and you can be denied entry even when holding it. We've seen several cases posted over the years; you can imagine how crushing it is to be denied entry at that point. However, if something comes out that the border agent thinks makes you inadmissible & that should have been dealt with at the Consulate, s/he can deny your admission.
Thanks for the reply,
I was denied a B visa (thats tourist right?)
I stated this and after some interviewing in Secondary about my intentions in the US I was admitted.
Then 1 YEAR later i went on holiday there again but was denied.
I have been forthcoming about the denial of entry and previous visa denial at all times. Im going through an immigration lawyer and it has yet to come up.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Your previous entry denials will not affect your K-1 visa. You should be able to enter the USA with it, with no problems.

Rene
Thanks so much
Old Jul 7th 2010, 6:29 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

How can you know this? We haven't been told why the B2 visa was denied or why the entries were denied.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Your previous entry denials will not affect your K-1 visa.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 7:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
How can you know this? We haven't been told why the B2 visa was denied or why the entries were denied.

Regards, JEff
True. I made it too much of a positive statement. I should have said
your previous entry denials might not affect your K-1 visa.

Rene
Old Jul 7th 2010, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Regards, JEff
It was lack of ties to the UK (I lived in Spain a long time) ergo no UK job or permanent address. Then I was denied entry due to that initial visa denial.
They said I couldnt enter the states on a VWP after being denied a visa.

I obviously said "But i was granted entry last year?" apparently I was "erroneously admitted to the US" and they seemed to want to brush past that as it was a mistake on their part. I wouldnt mind as much if the rules and bureaucracy was consistent and not reliant on how a particular immigration officer is feeling that day.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Family_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of light

How did you answer question F on form I 94 W when you entered under the VWP?
Old Jul 7th 2010, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Family_Guy
How did you answer question F on form I 94 W when you entered under the VWP?
Would that be "Have you previously been denied a visa?" or something to that effect? then Yes, ive been honest on all forms. The 1st time it gave me some issues but i was eventually admitted, the 2nd time (a year later) it seemed enough to send me straight back, no questions asked. Does this seem regular to you?
regards
Old Jul 7th 2010, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Family_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of light

.... Does this seem regular to you?
regards
No.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 10:17 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

In which case, I now agree with Rene's positive statement on the issue. These reasons for denial of entry do not apply to a K visa.

However, I also agree with meauxna that a k visa is not a "golden ticket". If the CBP officer finds reason to deny you entry you will be denied, visa or not. It's very rare, but has happened before.

Regards, JEff

It was lack of ties to the UK (I lived in Spain a long time) ergo no UK job or permanent address. Then I was denied entry due to that initial visa denial.
They said I couldnt enter the states on a VWP after being denied a visa.

I obviously said "But i was granted entry last year?" apparently I was "erroneously admitted to the US" and they seemed to want to brush past that as it was a mistake on their part. I wouldnt mind as much if the rules and bureaucracy was consistent and not reliant on how a particular immigration officer is feeling that day.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

In which case, I now agree with Rene's positive statement on the issue. These reasons for denial of entry do not apply to a K visa.

However, I also agree with meauxna that a k visa is not a "golden ticket". If the CBP officer finds reason to deny you entry you will be denied, visa or not. It's very rare, but has happened before.

Regards, JEff
Well Im not sure ive been reassured but definitely enlightened, thank you all very much for the help

Love and Light