Return to the site

Old Aug 15th 2020, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

LoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud of
Default Return to the site

Hello everyone
It’s been a loooonnnggg time since I’ve been here. A lot has been going on (death in family, job loss, etc.). I hope to frequent the site and the boards more often. Talk to all of you expats (and non-expats soon)
Old Aug 15th 2020, 12:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Return to the site

Hello and welcome back to BE.

I have moved your thread over to the Trailer Park forum as the Welcome Inn is purely for new members to introduce themselves.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 1:08 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LoveFortheUK
Hello everyone
It’s been a loooonnnggg time since I’ve been here. A lot has been going on (death in family, job loss, etc.). I hope to frequent the site and the boards more often. Talk to all of you expats (and non-expats soon)
Can’t be that long ago, because I remember you! Welcome back. Did you get to the UK, between then and now?
Old Aug 15th 2020, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

LoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hello and welcome back to BE.

I have moved your thread over to the Trailer Park forum as the Welcome Inn is purely for new members to introduce themselves.
Thank you for the welcome Jerseygirl.
Sorry, didn’t realize this is the thread where I should’ve posted
I don’t care that you moved the thread. I’m just glad you didn’t move it off altogether. LOL
Old Aug 15th 2020, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by robin1234
Can’t be that long ago, because I remember you! Welcome back. Did you get to the UK, between then and now?
You remember me. Aww that’s so sweet of you. I missed many of you as well.
Unfortunately, I still have not put my feet on English soil. It’s still in my future. Can’t put a date on it but hopefully soon. Have to get through election 2020 first. How have you been robin1234?
Old Aug 15th 2020, 2:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the welcome Jerseygirl.
Sorry, didn’t realize this is the thread where I should’ve posted
I don’t care that you moved the thread. I’m just glad you didn’t move it off altogether. LOL
if you prefer the UK forum, let me know and I will move it there.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jerseygirl
Will the thread receive more views and responses there or does it not make a difference?
Old Aug 15th 2020, 3:50 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jerseygirl
Will the thread receive more views and responses there or does it not make a difference?
Depends on where you posted regularly before, I suppose, and what kind of responses you are looking for.

I'm a bit too lazy to check out your previous posts to see where you posted before your return. Sorry about that.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 4:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Hi Jerseygirl
As this is more of a hello...welcome back thread...I think it’s OK here. If you wish to chat about the US this is the forum to do so. If you wish to chat about the UK...that’s the forum you used to post in. We also have The Lounge forum...which is non country related for general chat. If you wish to discuss controversial subjects and are not easily offended...take a look at Take It Outside Forum. Below is a list of forums...take your pick...

https://britishexpats.com/forum/

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Aug 15th 2020 at 4:14 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 4:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, I still have not put my feet on English soil. It’s still in my future. Can’t put a date on it but hopefully soon.
Oh that's a shame. I've just had a quick look at your previous posts, did you sort your Hungarian citizenship so you can move before the end of the year? Or will you need to qualify for a work based visa or similar?
Old Aug 15th 2020, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Oh that's a shame. I've just had a quick look at your previous posts, did you sort your Hungarian citizenship so you can move before the end of the year? Or will you need to qualify for a work based visa or similar?
Hello
I’m an American citizen and I can’t move yet anyway. Family illness to contend with plus Covid makes it hard to travel in the UK right now. If I entered Britain I would have to be quarantined first , correct?
Old Aug 16th 2020, 7:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hello
I’m an American citizen and I can’t move yet anyway. Family illness to contend with plus Covid makes it hard to travel in the UK right now. If I entered Britain I would have to be quarantined first , correct?
Not first, no - after you enter.

I know you’re a US citizen but wasn’t the suggestion for you to explore your possible Hungarian citizenship so that you could move to the UK before we left the EU? It’ll be so much tougher after that.
Old Aug 16th 2020, 7:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

From reading your earlier posts you are a US citizen with great grandparents who were British but have no further connections to the UK.
Unless you get a work visa you don't have any way of moving permanently to the UK.
Old Aug 16th 2020, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
From reading your earlier posts you are a US citizen with great grandparents who were British but have no further connections to the UK.
Unless you get a work visa you don't have any way of moving permanently to the UK.
Okay so if I do get a work visa, how long would I have to be working for before I could consider living in Britain? How difficult is it to secure employment in the UK? Would I be hired if I wanted to work let’s say in Bristol (just to throw a town out there)? Is it easier if I’m working here in the states and transferred to England through an American employer?
Old Aug 16th 2020, 8:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Okay so if I do get a work visa, how long would I have to be working for before I could consider living in Britain? How difficult is it to secure employment in the UK? Would I be hired if I wanted to work let’s say in Bristol (just to throw a town out there)? Is it easier if I’m working here in the states and transferred to England through an American employer?
A work visa would allow you to reside in the UK. What do you do and what qualifications do you have? Would you qualify for an employment based visa?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.