Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Remind me of the things I am missing ...

Remind me of the things I am missing ...

Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:04 am
ble
Forum Regular

ble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud of
Default Remind me of the things I am missing ...

Just about to put the house on the market across here, and have had a wee wobble day.
It is me pushing the family back, my OH doesn't mind, and the kids are young.

So it feels at times like the world is on my shoulders.

I need to go back for my sanity - but had a wee thought today of why rock the boat.

Our DVD player has given up the ghost (and there isn't the funds for a new one right now) so I can't watch Coast to remind me of the beauty and all that I miss (and what I would gain by returning).

So I am begging - some pictures.

Things around you that you love. Just to remind me that it isn't all brown dead grass adn sun.

Thank you all in advance. This site is a wonderful support network. One that isn't really around on the personal level where I am.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Remind me of the things I am missing ...

Here are a few pictures from my neck of the woods in NI. Hopefully this works, I'm not sure how to resize the pictures
Attached Thumbnails Remind me of the things I am missing ...-img_0608.jpg   Remind me of the things I am missing ...-img_0660.jpg   Remind me of the things I am missing ...-img_1178.jpg  
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 12:10 am
ble
Forum Regular

ble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud of

Hi Elaine B

Thanks for that. They look fantastic - and yip - a nice timely reminder of all I stand to gain when we move back later on in the year.

Woke up this morning and felt a little better with life.
Am just on my way to clear out another closet and give it all to the sallies, then recover a couple of kitchen chairs.
Another two things off the 'to do' list before listing the house

Many thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 1:27 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Sunshine, blue skies, beaches, parks for the kids to play in , bbqs ... you are talking about Australia aren't you ?
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 2:58 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
Sunshine, blue skies, beaches, parks for the kids to play in , bbqs ... you are talking about Australia aren't you ?
Then that would be Beer Beer and Mozzies.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 3:02 am
ble
Forum Regular

Nope - NZ.

and theres more to life than skin cancer
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

wingandapray is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
and stupidity..........
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

Remind me of the things I am missing ...-img_7537.jpg

Remind me of the things I am missing ...-img_7542.jpg

Originally Posted by BAY
I took these on Christmas day.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
and when we have a storm...no electric...no telephone lines......flooding......cannot cope with weather here either way....
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ble
Hi Elaine B

Thanks for that. They look fantastic - and yip - a nice timely reminder of all I stand to gain when we move back later on in the year.

Woke up this morning and felt a little better with life.
Am just on my way to clear out another closet and give it all to the sallies, then recover a couple of kitchen chairs.
Another two things off the 'to do' list before listing the house

Many thanks
Glad you're feeling a bit better today, it's a stressful time but it will be worth it
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

History,culture,wit,satire decent TV,the NHS,light nights in summer,harmless creepy crawlies.
You might miss the Godzoners,minimum chips,bogans,Ford or Holden ? types.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 9:53 pm
ble
Forum Regular

History,culture,wit,satire decent TV,the NHS,light nights in summer,harmless creepy crawlies.
Arhh the bogans. Yip looking forward to putting them on the list of 'missing things' once we leave this joint.

A winters day walk up on Sherriffmuir and having lunch at the pub. (don't anyone tell me if the pub is no longer there - it will ruin my day).
Old Mar 24th 2010, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevin747
lol...What we will not miss....a night at the Lakers...(not that we venture there often)....will certainly not miss that....my OH says he feels like he is on the film set of a Star Wars movie when we walk through the door..lol.....will also not miss cheap looking "Thongs" ...still call them flip flops.....scruffy vest t-shirts....feeling like we are the only people dressed up on a night out....

What you might be missing....Football at a decent time, chatting about the price of food etc in the isles of the supermarket to a complete stranger and end up having a chuckle.....saying morning to the postie (ours still delivers to our old home...he use to know when it was someones birthday....)nipping over to Europe because you can and will not cost an arm and a leg or hours on a plane....a quiz night in your local....having more of a laugh than answering the questions....well thats my excuse....christmas being cold and seeing people on Christmas Day wearing their daft jumpers or new earings etc....
Old Mar 24th 2010, 11:30 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Driving over the brough of a hill on a sunny spring day to see, rolling green hills and hamlets in the valley below. The patchwork fields, daffodils, crocus and snowdrops on the roadsides and the beautiful birdsongs and mating calls. Sitting in the garden watching them all flying about building nests and keeping busy.

Ahhhhhhhhh
Old Mar 24th 2010, 11:06 pm
ble
Forum Regular

Won't be missing the lack of choice in the shops, the boy racers, long distance to travel to get anywhere, 'nothing' conversation.

Can' wait for those drives again that Flea describes, little country lanes, castles and ruins round the corners, winter christmas

Oh the list could go on and on.

Guess I should add that I will miss my family when we leave. But they visit often - they love it there - just don't want to leave NZ.
Each to their own.

Apparently I am a great babysitter for my nephews and nieces when their parents want a europe break without kids.

Hmmmm- maybe I will need to rethink about giving my sisters my new UK address when I have it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.