Regrets?

Old Sep 21st 2008, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Regrets?

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Loads of them.

But I think the point is, it's a bit late to do anything about most of them, so where's the mileage in digging them up and looking at them?
Absolutely.

I certainly agree that it isn't useful to dwell on the past and get caught up in things that are already done and can't be changed.

On the other hand it is foolish to just try to forget them. If nothing else I like to think that I have learned from some of my past mistakes so that I won't repeat them in the future.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sarah
No offence but you all kinda sound like a Hallmark greeting.
Don't give me all this usual guff -
"If I hadn't gone through all those things in my life then I wouldn't be the person I am today."

Regrets are healthy, did every single thing that you've ever experienced really have to happen to you in order to make you the person you are now? No. And don't tell me you don't regret calling your cousin a ****bag at your brothers wedding, or that you had to have your car stolen as some sort of rite of passage. Regret not locking it or regret having that 7th pint of beer! Don't tell me you had to experience being felt up by your druken boss at the Christmas party in order to cultivate your now fabulous personality and lifestyle......please........
Sure, we could dwell on everything that went wrong, everything we did wrong, and every way that other people wronged us...if we want to be bitter old men or women, always living in the past, never accepting that things have changed and time has passed!
Old Sep 21st 2008, 10:52 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emailrob
are you married to Ray?
She is my grandaughter ....
Old Sep 21st 2008, 11:32 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

The biggest regret I have is taking up smoking. Thankfully I managed to quit.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 11:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Regrets, Ive had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;
Each careful step along the byway,
But more, much more than this,
I did it my way.
LOL I was just going to post that. You can't dwell on things...best to move onwards and upwards.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 21st 2008 at 11:55 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 11:43 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by emailrob
Any life regrets? Seen on another forum, but I don't really have any regrets. Make some choices early in life, hoped they were the right ones, and things turned out ok
nope, no regrets...
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 1:30 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Just the one, but I shan't say...oh, well, not taking a shit in the bosses desk, before I got laid off would be one of them.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

I have a few. Choices made at school and during university. Things seemed to have worked out OK though. I have a house, a car, a job, a wife, a bunch of luxuries and a kid on the way. Can't really complain too much when there are so many people with so much less.