Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Reality shows in the US, Admit it... :)

Reality shows in the US, Admit it... :)

Old Aug 7th 2009, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reality shows in the US, Admit it... :)

Originally Posted by candy wy.
Ok I have to ask how do you lot have the time to watch all these reality shows do you have nothing better to do...............
Over the course of the last week I have probably watched a total of 4 hours tv, which included 3 episodes of BB. It is much nicer when you watch it recorded, you can skip commercials and make a hour long show a 40-45 min show.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by candy wy.
Ok I have to ask how do you lot have the time to watch all these reality shows do you have nothing better to do...............
Unfortunately not....

I watched the next network food star, I was hoping the guy would get it, but I think they are shorter on female food stars these days.
I tend to watch the HGTV/food networks a lot more these days....Damn, I really need to go get me a job!
Old Aug 7th 2009, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

When I get the chance to watch anything these days..... I like Little People Big World - also that other little people show, well I watch it on occasion.... I also watch, again on occasion, the Duggars I've watched American Idol twice and swore this last time was the last time! Can't handle watching Jon and Kate. Before they were divorcing I couldn't understand how he could stand being put down like that and since the divorce I can't understand (and it makes me mad) how they can both be such asses.... So I end up being angry and its not worth that after watching a tv program!

Hubs and I like to watch Anthony Bourdain..... we like shows on the Travel channel or DIY shows.... And when we're lucky we download UK shows off of UKNova....
Old Aug 7th 2009, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
It is much nicer when you watch it recorded, you can skip commercials and make a hour long show a 40-45 min show.
Totally agree there!
Old Aug 7th 2009, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

orangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to behold

Don't forget the VH1 shows:
Flavor of Love
Rock of Love
Daisy of Love
Real Chance of Love
I Love Money
Megan wants a millionaire
Celebrity Rehab
Old Aug 7th 2009, 6:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

I admit to not watching any of them, utter garbage
Old Aug 7th 2009, 6:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Who is Ruby?

I watch the audition episodes of American Idol and America's Got Talent...then lose interest until the semi final. I will watch a couple of others when they get to the semi finals...Dancing with the Stars for one.

I love Housewives of NYC and NJ.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 7:10 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.mystyle.com/mystyle/shows/ruby/index.jsp
Old Aug 7th 2009, 7:31 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Who is Ruby?

I watch the audition episodes of American Idol and America's Got Talent...then lose interest until the semi final. I will watch a couple of others when they get to the semi finals...Dancing with the Stars for one.

I love Housewives of NYC and NJ.
Since she's here in Savannah, I'm a bit partial to her-fun to look and see where she is and trying to figure out just exactly where it's at.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 7:33 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

Oh actually I do like what not to wear, and will sit for hours watching househunters, my house is worth what and pretty much everything on HGTV Ive given up on Jon and Kate - he annoys me too much now, but I used to really enjoy it!
Old Aug 7th 2009, 8:02 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Since she's here in Savannah, I'm a bit partial to her-fun to look and see where she is and trying to figure out just exactly where it's at.
Have you seen her in real life?
Old Aug 7th 2009, 8:07 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I like reality TV. I'm a fan of The Bachelor, America's Next Top Model, House Hunters, and What not to Wear for sure. Other than those, I have watched on and off:

Rock of Love
Jon & Kate
18 Kids & Counting
Little People, Big World
Little Couple
Dating in the Dark
More to Love
Cake Boss
Say Yes to the Dress
American Idol
Dancing with the Stars
So you Think you can Dance
Anthony Bourdain
Bizzare Foods
Iron Chef America

OMG...that's a lot of shows...but I only watch those on the list when I'm flipping channels and happen to find one playing.

I used to like Fear Factor too, that's not on anymore.

Rene
Old Aug 7th 2009, 8:24 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Have you seen her in real life?
No, they did have a program at the Lucas Theater with her in person a few weeks ago but I didn't go.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 4:01 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orangemirror
Don't forget the VH1 shows:
I miss the days when VH1 was actually a fairly good music station, and didn't churn out hour after hour of this reality shit.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 5:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Have to add another one to my list...not really sure the shows I watch on HGTV/Food network are really 'reality' shows, more like instructional/educational shows (imho)

Anyway... I started watching a new show on food network yesterday, it's called 'Man vs food' Absolutely hilarious, the host (adam) is really funny, he goes all over the US, eating food and taking challenges, I saw 5 shows back to back yesterday! This guy is crazy, he did a 'hellfire wings' challenge in one show, 6oz of habanjero (sp?) dried pepper in the coating of 12 wings, he had to eat them all, then lick his fingers clean, then sit for 5 minutes without a napkin or anything to drink to cool his mouth down!! His skin (from the sauce) was even burned!

He also does things like trying to eat a 12 egg omelette (stuffed) or a 7lb steak with baked potato,salad, and roll. It's also fun to see the different places he goes too, he was in WA state in one show, just makes me want to be there even more!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.