A Question For All The Parents

A Question For All The Parents

Old Apr 30th 2008, 8:03 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A Question For All The Parents

Originally Posted by jumping doris
I have taught all my dog walking friends to use words like "knackered"
and "slummy" (loose change).
we taught our very straight laced, cluless, barely English speaking, Indian IT guy to welcome his coworkers with the phrase ...

"hows your hairy bollox hanging geezer?"

oh how we laughed ....
Old Apr 30th 2008, 9:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Did this thread get back on track? I can't be arsed to trawl through it to see if it's worth being binned with closure for the tripe slinging at the start...
Old Apr 30th 2008, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Did this thread get back on track? I can't be arsed to trawl through it to see if it's worth being binned with closure for the tripe slinging at the start...
It did get back on track for a while there
Old May 1st 2008, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

AlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of light

My son (7) was teased quite a bit in his first school here because of his accent, so he's shedding the English accent at the speed of light

We've only been here since July and he sounds VERY American.

People here say they can hear a trace of an English accent, but not much...
Old May 1st 2008, 2:20 am
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlienUk
My son (7) was teased quite a bit in his first school here because of his accent, so he's shedding the English accent at the speed of light

Wow thats a fast turnaround, does he speak "english" at home?
Old May 1st 2008, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chicagojlo
(I also saw a British toddler drinking a Red Bull in his buggy in Spain a couple of years ago...)
WOW... that is terrible!
Old May 1st 2008, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chicagojlo
although it had to be flat already as she couldn't do with the bubbles!
My eldest hates any kind of fizzy drink I have no intention of trying to change her on that.
Old May 1st 2008, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

kel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
My eldest hates any kind of fizzy drink I have no intention of trying to change her on that.
I am the one who has developed a soda addiction since I came here, I cant go a day without diet pepsi

My kids only drink water and milk which is fine by me - however I should set an example..
Old May 1st 2008, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kel.n.issy
My kids only drink water and milk which is fine by me - however I should set an example..
My youngest doesn't drink it either... she wants whatever her sister is getting which is either Milk, Water or Crystal Light.
Old May 1st 2008, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

AlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cybersecretary
Wow thats a fast turnaround, does he speak "english" at home?
Nope, he 'practices' all the time.....If I thought we'd move back, I'd insist he spoke 'English' at home, but since we won't, I just let him do as he pleases....
Old May 1st 2008, 12:14 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlienUk

My youngest was bullied over her accent and the fact that she was British, to the point where she was really unhappy and hated it here. We spoke to the school principal who just brushed it all off.
That was when my daughter started speaking "american". At first it sounded so phoney that I expected her to get picked on over that but now she blends in.
She feel more comfortable and so thats fine.
Old May 1st 2008, 12:22 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

My youngest was bullied over her accent and the fact that she was British, to the point where she was really unhappy and hated it here. We spoke to the school principal who just brushed it all off.
That was when my daughter started speaking "american". At first it sounded so phoney that I expected her to get picked on over that but now she blends in.
She feel more comfortable and so thats fine.
Kids are evil.
Old May 1st 2008, 12:46 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Kids are evil.
I am amazed she took it actually because she can be very evil herself and has a mean left hook.
Old May 1st 2008, 1:55 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am amazed she took it actually because she can be very evil herself and has a mean left hook.
Old May 1st 2008, 2:03 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
My youngest doesn't drink it either... she wants whatever her sister is getting which is either Milk, Water or Crystal Light.
My DD is the same, she only gets the option of milk or water...then I get the "ohhh I wish my daughter was more like yours" from my friends...

I tell them its easy...next time they ask for a Sprite say NO..your options are milk or water...(their daughter is only 6)..

The thing that gets me is that we've spent $$$ on my daughters teeth and yet these kids that drink Soda have no problems when they go to the Dentists...now that just isn't fair...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.