Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Putting a pool in...

Putting a pool in...

Old Aug 2nd 2013, 5:33 am
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Putting a pool in...

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Looking good!

So you've got four pumps!! Yikes!!

On the insurance, when I told our agent he sent us a standard questionnaire to fill in...it asked about diving boards, but can't remember if it asked about slides (we have neither), but the main concentration seemed to be on restriction of access from the street, and compliance with city/HOA restrictions..

Question....how did Uncle Bob manage to post a pic from a different angle... I like the steps at the slide side.
Apparently my photobucket account is set to public... Fortunately there's nothing of any interest on there! I'm guessing he clicked on the photo which took him to the album.

And yes, four pumps including the booster for the cleaner

The steps by the slide aren't really steps as such. There's a cave/grotto there and there's a seat with a step up to it.
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 7:25 am

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

According to our pool guy we are around $1000 a year for our 3 pumps. He said the new ones are around $250/ year.
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 4:28 pm
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bink
Apparently my photobucket account is set to public... Fortunately there's nothing of any interest on there! I'm guessing he clicked on the photo which took him to the album.
Yes, sorry about that then.
I have mine setup in the same way.
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 4:41 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
Yes, sorry about that then.
I have mine setup in the same way.
Oh it's fine. I had just never thought about it.
I only ever have things on there I don't mind being seen anyway.
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 4:44 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Originally Posted by Weeze
According to our pool guy we are around $1000 a year for our 3 pumps. He said the new ones are around $250/ year.
Wow! By new I presume you mean variable speed? My main pool pump will be as its the one that i will benefit from being able to run it at different speeds but I don't think the water feature ones are as there isn't much point as they will only be on when we're in the pool most of the time.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 9:25 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Gunite is in!

Old Aug 7th 2013, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

That is so quick! From day 1 to gunite was 19 days for us! But we had a lot of rain delays and a company that took on way too much business - you will be finished pretty quick if they carry on like that.. where is the equipment going?
Old Aug 7th 2013, 9:42 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Looking good - its a great project to observe, with lots of progress (and stage payments) seemingly every day!

Make sure you keep a hose on those palms!!
Old Aug 7th 2013, 9:49 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Originally Posted by Orangepants
That is so quick! From day 1 to gunite was 19 days for us! But we had a lot of rain delays and a company that took on way too much business - you will be finished pretty quick if they carry on like that.. where is the equipment going?
Yes, it is going pretty quick. This is 3 days work spread over 7 days (one day for dig/rebar, half a day for the plumbing stub and one day for gunite).
The equipment is around the side of the house. It arrives on Friday. The rest of the plumbing and electrical trenches are being done Friday/Saturday.
At this point it's looking like it might get finished before the month is out which would be awesome.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 9:53 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Orangepants
From day 1 to gunite was 19 days for us! But we had a lot of rain delays and a company that took on way too much business - you will be finished pretty quick if they carry on like that.. where is the equipment going?
Yikes! Our total construction from breaking ground to startup was 5.5 weeks, but that included a 2 week delay which we imposed on the pool builder to allow completion of other construction work (patio cover, outdoor bath and kitchen) by another contractor, so the pool itself was a little over 3 weeks!
Old Aug 7th 2013, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Yikes! Our total construction from breaking ground to startup was 5.5 weeks, but that included a 2 week delay which we imposed on the pool builder to allow completion of other construction work (patio cover, outdoor bath and kitchen) by another contractor, so the pool itself was a little over 3 weeks!
Yes tell me about it..nearly 8 weeks! I was majorly pissed off about the delays and excuses. The pool is fabulous now it is done but I called the GM out to the house twice to try and get some answers. It moved pretty quick after I said I wasn't paying any more until the whole thing was complete. They were charging us $800 for the 20,000G of water that was trucked in but wrote that off, the waterfall was upgraded at their expense and a few other minor changes (extra elec points, colour of the pebbletec) were written off as well.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 10:13 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Looking good - its a great project to observe, with lots of progress (and stage payments) seemingly every day!

Make sure you keep a hose on those palms!!
Yes, the palms are getting daily attention! The lawn is doing remarkably well considering its had no water in a week!

The builder says we'll start to see progress nearly everyday now. Up to this point it's been a few really productive days, followed by a few days waiting.

I've been keeping the crews supplied with water, soda and powerade and I honestly think its helped the productivity levels!
Old Aug 7th 2013, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bink
Yes, the palms are getting daily attention! The lawn is doing remarkably well considering its had no water in a week!

The builder says we'll start to see progress nearly everyday now. Up to this point it's been a few really productive days, followed by a few days waiting.

I've been keeping the crews supplied with water, soda and powerade and I honestly think its helped the productivity levels!
You've got the idea with the water and soda supplies to keep the workmen going. In the UK it would be cups of tea and coffee.
Old Aug 8th 2013, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joto
You've got the idea with the water and soda supplies to keep the workmen going. In the UK it would be cups of tea and coffee.
and chocolate hobnobs
Old Aug 8th 2013, 12:38 am

I set out a cooler of soda and water each morning. They hardly touched the soda, but a lot of water went down. Then we sat down with a slab of beer at knocking off time on the first Friday night.... became a weekly tradition...I was kinda sad when they finished

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.