Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Putting a pool in...

Putting a pool in...

Old Jun 14th 2013, 6:18 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Putting a pool in...

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
.... We had a parent drop off their 6 yo for a swim party. They didn't leave any floaties, life jacket, armbands...they just dropped her off at the swim party and left. But they forgot to mention she couldn't swim. Fortunately, just as she was about to jump in the deep end, I asked if she could swim. No. Err...... How could the parents do that?
A lack of high school education about "natural selection" in the Bible belt, perhaps?
Old Jun 14th 2013, 6:57 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
I'm waiting....

I'm already in the water
http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...9&limit=recent
Old Jun 14th 2013, 8:23 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Oh darn, I shoulda known not to click that link..........
Old Jun 14th 2013, 11:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

Quite a popular picture..
Old Jun 14th 2013, 11:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh darn, I shoulda known not to click that link..........
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 4:48 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

I have a dig date!! Scheduled for 8/3!

Old Jul 22nd 2013, 5:08 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Nice going!

Forgot to say, a friend that had theirs built last year set up a camera in an upstairs window overlooking their back yard, then set it to take photos every few minutes during the whole project. Came out with a great time lapse video of their pool being built. Wish I'd thought of that. And wish I was techy enough to be able to set it up

So what did you decide with the firepit?
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 7:59 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Nice going!

Forgot to say, a friend that had theirs built last year set up a camera in an upstairs window overlooking their back yard, then set it to take photos every few minutes during the whole project. Came out with a great time lapse video of their pool being built. Wish I'd thought of that. And wish I was techy enough to be able to set it up

So what did you decide with the firepit?
I heeded the good advice about putting the firepit closer to the house (and also closer to the spa so that when we got out the spa on a cold day we can dry by the firepit!):

I like the idea of the time lapse video. I'll have to see if I can set it up. Not sure that I can get a clear view from upstairs though.
This is the view from the game room and a decent amount of the yard on the side the pool is being built is obscured by the roof of the covered patio.
I'll have to see what I can come up with though as I would love to see the progress as a time lapse video.

Old Jul 23rd 2013, 1:22 am

Looks good!
I reckon from that angle you're going to get most of the action, aren't you? Looks like you'll miss the fire pit side, but should get most of the rest, no? At least enough to make it interesting.
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 1:40 am
Rootbeeraholic

Looks good!
I reckon from that angle you're going to get most of the action, aren't you? Looks like you'll miss the fire pit side, but should get most of the rest, no? At least enough to make it interesting.
It should get most of it perhaps not the steps and the area closest to the firepit. The major problem I have is setting up a camera in such a way that my 22 month old doesn't wipe out as the picture's taken from his playroom/gameroom...!
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by Bink
It should get most of it perhaps not the steps and the area closest to the firepit. The major problem I have is setting up a camera in such a way that my 22 month old doesn't wipe out as the picture's taken from his playroom/gameroom...!
Duct tape and handcuffs....it's only for 3 weeks or so
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 1:52 am
Rootbeeraholic

Duct tape and handcuffs....it's only for 3 weeks or so

If it only takes 3 weeks I'll be ecstatic!
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 1:53 am
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bink

If it only takes 3 weeks I'll be ecstatic!
So it'll be ready when we get back from the UK?
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 2:42 am
Rootbeeraholic

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze
So it'll be ready when we get back from the UK?
If you get back in about 8 weeks time, then probably!

It'll probably be finished in mid September - that's my guess. We'll only get a few weeks real use out of it this year but we'll use the hot tub and I may heat it up for Thanksgiving weekend.
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 6:25 pm
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Aparently its a really bad idea to get the skateboard out once the pool is done but still empty.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.