Primordial Dwarfism

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 5:59 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Primordial Dwarfism

This was good as well ..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/progra..._breasts.shtml
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 6:09 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Is this a thread about me?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 6:11 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redlippie
Is this a thread about me?
God knows ..who has ever seen you ..
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 6:14 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray
God knows ..who has ever seen you ..
He has.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 9:10 pm
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
Depends what you clap my ears with lol.

After nearly 2 years of suffering nasty remarks and jibes from the likes of Ray and his friends, including jibes on our photo gallery pages, this has been a long time coming. Nobody complained much when it was Ray and friends making remarks, now I start making them all the creeps suddenly come out of the woodwork in his support. He is supposed to be a big boy, why does he need all this help and protection? It seems you are biased as the rest of his pals.

My 13 yr old often complains about nasty remarks, jibes and comments on her photo's on the kids website she goes on...
My answer to her is, don't stress, its cyber space, you don't know these people so don't care...
If its kids from school, I have told her to nut the bastards, unless its a local indigenous counterpart, she is likely to break her skull, the aussies recommend kicking their legs by the ankles usually does the trick..

And I am not biased, Ray is an old bastard, I tell him often enough when I send him hate mail.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 1:52 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

There have been things posted on here over the years in the name of taking the pi** so to speak that to me seemed a little harsh. There have also been comments that I thought crossed the line and weren't even "witty", but flat out meanspirited.

I don't believe in "gang warfare"-if you have a real problem with another poster then handle it mano a mano, no need for the Cavalry to come charging in-it usually makes it worse.

and that's all I have to say about that.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 2:02 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
What an incredible story ..was on A&E last night actually the early hour

less than 100 examples in the world ....

Fascinating ...

http://www.primordialdwarfism.com/

I've watched this several times on TLC and have to say that I never say such a person in the flesh before until this past weekend. The woman packing my groceries was a PD and the sweetest lady imaginable.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 2:08 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't realize there were more than one type of dwarfism-I just thought that they were all little people. When I saw them show an episode of their gathering/convention, it was fascinating.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

melody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nice

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I didn't realize there were more than one type of dwarfism-I just thought that they were all little people. When I saw them show an episode of their gathering/convention, it was fascinating.
Even CSI:Vegas had an episode about a little people convention and gave some good information regarding the various types, etc.

Did anyone notice it was their friend "Marty" (the actor/soccer player) in the Pirates of the Carribean?
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:00 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by melody32
Even CSI:Vegas had an episode about a little people convention and gave some good information regarding the various types, etc.

Did anyone notice it was their friend "Marty" (the actor/soccer player) in the Pirates of the Carribean?
Jeeze you're right.

I'm trying to think of the guy's name that was the leader in Time Bandits. He then went on to have a TV series here and died I think-youngish too.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

melody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nice

Jeeze you're right.

I'm trying to think of the guy's name that was the leader in Time Bandits. He then went on to have a TV series here and died I think-youngish too.
IMDB website should have the answer to that question cos I have no clue.

I do know that another person from their show was on NCIS and during that season passed away unexpecitdly. The dvd extras explains how they were unable to fully develop their 'secrets' theme for the season because his storyline just had the introduction portion filmed.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 8:19 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Watched a BBC docu about Prader-Willi syndrome.... very informative and moving. American television would never produce the variety and quality of docus that the BBC does. One of the many things the UK gets absolutely right!
Colleague of mine, his eldest son has PW. He - the colleague - is extremely clued up on it. There seems to be a huge support network and available funding / grants for it in NZ at least.

Jeeze you're right.

David Rappaport perhaps? I didn't know he committed suicide though.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Colleague of mine, his eldest son has PW. He - the colleague - is extremely clued up on it. There seems to be a huge support network and available funding / grants for it in NZ at least.

I work with adults with learning difficulties and have taught some with Prader Willi. Cookery sessions were challenging, as you can imagine.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 11:34 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by Maz

Thanks for that-he was great in Time Bandits. I remember about him killing himself.