Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

President Prediction Time

Wikiposts

President Prediction Time

Old Nov 6th 2012, 6:55 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Prediction Time

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
If you think that, you don't know much about old people
Amen, brother man.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 6:56 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
Here's a gold star for you
Old Nov 6th 2012, 7:02 am

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
If you think that, you don't know much about old people
Maybe not but I'm hoping to be one one day
Old Nov 6th 2012, 9:10 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

From the Beeb feed.

"1703: Earlier, we saw a pregnant woman vote while in labour. Now we have a report of a near-death experience involving a voter. A Michigan man was filling out his ballot when he apparently dropped dead, only to awake moments later, the Detroit News reports. "He had no heartbeat and he wasn't breathing. I started CPR, and after a few minutes, he revived," the man's wife told the newspaper. She added that the first question her husband asked when he regained consciousness was: "Did I vote?"
Old Nov 6th 2012, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
The trick would be trying to maintain your name on the electoral roll. If you are not resident in the UK, filed a P85, don't want to be accidentally called up for jury duty in the UK, etc etc.
It's perfectly OK to be registered as an expat voter in the UK - the Electoral Commission has details of how to do so on their website. Practically, getting the ballot paper from the UK and back again in time has been the reason why I've not bothered. Alternatively you can appoint a friend/relative in the UK as your proxy.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 10:34 am
Some Where in the Desert

AZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fatbrit
How would they know? I think it'd be an interesting lawsuit.

Regardless, you forfeit your UK vote after 15 years away.
Reading the UK website for overseas voters, it looks as though have up to 15 years to register for voting, not that you lose the right to vote after 15 years.

http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/registe...ng_abroad.aspx
Every British citizen who has been registered to vote in the UK within the last 15 years is eligible to vote in UK Parliamentary (general) elections, European Parliamentary elections and referendums in the UK.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rpjs
It's perfectly OK to be registered as an expat voter in the UK - the Electoral Commission has details of how to do so on their website. Practically, getting the ballot paper from the UK and back again in time has been the reason why I've not bothered. Alternatively you can appoint a friend/relative in the UK as your proxy.
thanks all for your replies- I know i can vote now in UK elections living in the USA - Im not a citizen - i was told that once a citizen then i couldnt vote

Its a bit of a way off for me anyway cos ive only had my GC since last july!! food for thought tho
Old Nov 6th 2012, 3:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Fox call it for Obama.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 5:07 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I said 300 and it looks like it will be 330 ish.

And a small win on the popular vote to cap it.