Wikiposts

Pokemon Go anyone?

Old Jul 12th 2016, 3:35 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pokemon Go anyone?

Originally Posted by jambey2510
Are you telling me other donut stores are open and I can walk in at anytime in the am to get a donut?!?
The ones around here (DD) are mostly 24hour. Anything less would be uncivilized.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

jambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Most bakeries are going to be open early in the morning, and they are where you get the best donuts anyway. Look for one with a Polish name on it somewhere, they're the best

Dunkin Donuts is as well, but their donuts are shite these days.
I just like the idea of going for frozen cocktails then stumbling into the donut store at 2am and getting a dozen without a care in the world!

I only go to Dunkin donuts for the happy hour iced coffee. My OH family lives by some amazing small family run donut stores in Chicago that just can't be beaten. Especially when they make old fashioneds!
Old Jul 12th 2016, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

jambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
The ones around here (DD) are mostly 24hour. Anything less would be uncivilized.
Ah I expected dunkins to be so but I don't count that It's the fact it's a small family owned donut store doing it that makes it awesome.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 3:39 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I just like the idea of going for frozen cocktails then stumbling into the donut store at 2am and getting a dozen without a care in the world!

Oh, you're talking about that end of the morning, I thought you meant after 6

Just buy a job lot of donuts in the morning and keep them at home for your post-pissup needs ...

I only go to Dunkin donuts for the happy hour iced coffee. My OH family lives by some amazing small family run donut stores in Chicago that just can't be beaten. Especially when they make old fashioneds!
I live in the Chicago area, too. Lots of great donuts around here.

I'm hungry now.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 3:40 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

... Just buy a job lot of donuts in the morning and keep them at home for your post-pissup needs ....
It's best not to let Nutek know if you have "kept" some donuts.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 3:41 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
That's a hell of a drive, by the time he gets here they'd be either stale or eaten.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 4:17 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Shush you.

That's a hell of a drive, by the time he gets here they'd be either stale or eaten.
Oh I don't know...
Old Jul 12th 2016, 4:20 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Nutek
Shush you.

Oh I don't know...
All right, next time you're in town I'll save you a donut
Old Jul 12th 2016, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

Oh, you're talking about that end of the morning, I thought you meant after 6

Just buy a job lot of donuts in the morning and keep them at home for your post-pissup needs ...

I live in the Chicago area, too. Lots of great donuts around here.

I'm hungry now.
Chicago has some great donuts! Have you had a cake shake from Portillo's?

One more, have you had any luck finding a fish and chips that even resembles the UK's one closely at all!? My OH and I have looked everywhere! She misses them herself and only had it once!
Old Jul 12th 2016, 5:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Are you telling me other donut stores are open and I can walk in at anytime in the am to get a donut?!?
Walk? walk? Bosa donuts here has 24hr Drive thru!

Aside - it still hurts to type donuts rather than doughnuts.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 5:06 am
I have a comma problem

One more, have you had any luck finding a fish and chips that even resembles the UK's one closely at all!? My OH and I have looked everywhere! She misses them herself and only had it once!
I haven't had a Portillo's cake shake, but I have had their chocolate cake, which is really good.

I have found plenty of fish and chips that I like - I've kind of adapted to the US 'Friday Fish Fry' style, which isn't anything like British fish and chips but good in its own right. I haven't really found anything that close to UK style fish and chips, except for one food stand at the Renaissance Faire in Bristol, WI (years ago, too) that I remember being vaguely close.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Voodoo donuts seem to be a tourist attraction around here. No idea why.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

I haven't had a Portillo's cake shake, but I have had their chocolate cake, which is really good.

I have found plenty of fish and chips that I like - I've kind of adapted to the US 'Friday Fish Fry' style, which isn't anything like British fish and chips but good in its own right. I haven't really found anything that close to UK style fish and chips, except for one food stand at the Renaissance Faire in Bristol, WI (years ago, too) that I remember being vaguely close.
If you think the cake is good, the cake shake elevates it to the next level. Seriously. My OH cannot drive past portillos in Chicago near her parents without me turning into a child demanding one etc! 😎

To the person above, it does pain me to type donut too!
Old Jul 12th 2016, 7:01 am
I have a comma problem

If you think the cake is good, the cake shake elevates it to the next level. Seriously. My OH cannot drive past portillos in Chicago near her parents without me turning into a child demanding one etc! 😎

To the person above, it does pain me to type donut too!
My arse will probably thank me not to try one of those then. I love Portillos, but 10 years of Chicago food has not worked wonders for my waistline
Old Jul 12th 2016, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

My arse will probably thank me not to try one of those then. I love Portillos, but 10 years of Chicago food has not worked wonders for my waistline
The OH and I are paleo, and I run and lift weights too, but the temptation of deep dish pizzas, italian beefs, portillos cake shakes and doughnuts are too much to abstain from!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.