Planespotting II

Old Aug 2nd 2020, 5:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planespotting II

Originally Posted by civilservant
Newsflash: 'The Mirror' talks utter bollocks.

My fellow BEers should have found that out several days ago
I am surprised he hasn't been banned yet.....
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 5:16 pm
Banned

The Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
, so I had to make a choice, either leave the company or take a customer service position at O'hare, so I went to O'hare and that was my personal choice even though I lost my seniority, and went down in pay by $1/hr, well my seniority for bidding schedule and vacations, which is the down side to unions at times, makes mobility within the company more difficult.
I started in Chicago... Owned a house free and clear in Hoffman Estates well before I took that job. I could set my clock by the Honolulu nonstop every day- Back then (in the 80's) the engines were weak and it would come over the house full throttle at about 700 feet, at 11 am everyday. I'm a pilot and I loved the Flight Simulator- I downloaded the first 747 ever delivered to United and half the time when I tried to take it off it crashed- One day my dad came over (747 captain) and I mentioned that to him.... He said "Its because the engines were half of what they are now, we'd have to wait on the runway until the train on York road went by because we were afraid we'd hit it".. I know those tracks are about a quarter mile from the end of the runway...

I had a daughter in 1980...When she was little we'd send up candles in little gondolas attached to helium balloons..I got big balloons and they'd go straight up, and on a dark night you could see them for an hour.. I bought a new clothes dryer and it came in a big box, so I got this idea to cut out a silhouette of a man, tie it to a bunch of balloons and let it go... I did it and we let it go in the back yard.. It started heading east, it was climbing at such a slow rate that it barely got over the trees and we never saw it again. The next day i'm reading the Sun Times and I see a little article headlined "Northwest Airline 727 takes evasive action to avoid parachutist" lol .... reading more it said that the aircraft behind the Northwest flight reported that it wasn't a parachutist, it was a man dangling beneath a bundle of balloons....
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 5:20 pm
Banned

The Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mirror has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
And yet I worked with plenty 110 pound women who did the job for decades and better then many of the men.
Highest disability rates in the country
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 6:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Union employees at Hawaiian have been issued notice about possible lay offs, 2,000 notices, 35% of its flight attendants and 25% of its pilots having received notices.

This doesn't mean they will be laying off 2,000 people involuntarily, they are looking for people to take early retirements and voluntary separations first but probably have to issue the warnings to stay within the law in the event they do need to do involuntary lay offs.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/0...ayoff-notices/

Cuts to non-union work groups also possible, so far 8% have left the company voluntarily.

Airline has seen its revenue drop more than 90% but says they are not near bankruptcy.
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 6:36 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

2 minutes until the predicted 6 minute blackout as Dragon re-enters, "See you on the other side."
Old Aug 4th 2020, 1:07 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Wanna see what a DC10 can do when released from concerns about scaring the bejeepers out of passengers?

Old Aug 4th 2020, 1:16 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Ok.... that was cool
Old Aug 4th 2020, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

audio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Wanna see what a DC10 can do when released from concerns about scaring the bejeepers out of passengers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QJTZXl_5BE
Great clip, thanks for posting.

Pity the 10 was nicknamed the Death Cruiser

Last edited by audio; Aug 4th 2020 at 2:07 pm.
Old Aug 4th 2020, 1:59 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Well they were know for the cargo door opening in flight, which is kinda what you want when you're trying to deliver fire retardant to an area
Old Aug 4th 2020, 2:12 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Well they were know for the cargo door opening in flight, which is kinda what you want when you're trying to deliver fire retardant to an area
Yeah, I get it, that you were making a joke, but I assume that it has the same sort of organ pipe drain system that is fitted to the 747 tanker.
Old Aug 4th 2020, 2:13 pm
Often not so civil...

I'm sure. Actually the joke was in pretty poor taste actually, people did after all die because of said door.
Old Aug 4th 2020, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

audio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond repute

I haven’t been keeping up to date with 8303 but any news from Blancolirio etc?

Last edited by audio; Aug 4th 2020 at 2:54 pm. Reason: typo
Old Aug 4th 2020, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by audio
I haven’t been keeping up to date with 8303 but any news from Blancolirio etc?
There's a load of different videos from dozens of channels, but they seem to be rehashing the same story at the moment and Blancoliro hasn't posted anything specific to the crash since June 25 when he uploaded a couple of videos on the preliminary report.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...giFfBc-7HdvT6N
Old Aug 4th 2020, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pulaski
There's a load of different videos from dozens of channels, but they seem to be rehashing the same story at the moment and Blancoliro hasn't posted anything specific to the crash since June 25 when he uploaded a couple of videos on the preliminary report.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...giFfBc-7HdvT6N
Ok thanks.

I expect it will come out that the crew were not focused on their arrival and missed their decent point.

Instead of loosing face, the captain thought he could make it. Perhaps the PNF was unsure, but the captain was in charge and some these guys won’t be told.

IMO, zero CRM and airmanship was the main cause. All they had to do was a very simple descending orbit (360) on final and 97 more souls would be here today.
Old Aug 4th 2020, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by audio
.... I expect it will come out that the crew were not focused on their arrival and missed their decent point. ....
I think that it is already well known as the cockpit voice recording had the pilot and co-pilot chatting about the coronavirus pandemic even while the plane was off-track for its descent into Karachi
.....Instead of losing face, the captain thought he could make it. Perhaps the PNF was unsure, but the captain was in charge and some these guys won’t be told. ....
I think that there is a lot of truth in that, that too much importance was placed on seniority, "losing face", and "respect". This has been a theme in crashes of other of aircraft from Asian and developing countries. As has been noted previously ATC in this case was rather non-commital when as I understand it, in North America and Europe, if a plane had been as far off the appropriate descent path as PIA 8303 was it would have been told, in no uncertain terms, to "go around".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.