Planespotting

Old Jan 10th 2012, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planespotting

Plane Finder for iPhone (maybe others) is good. I can find out what the plane right above me is, where it's going to/from etc. Not 100% coverage by any means though.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
As much as I love the 757 though, it's not the most comfortable plane for a transatlantic flight, or at least the one I flew with Continental wasn't anyway!
I've had the best flight ever to Old Blighty. Jumpseating on Atlas Air's B747-400F from HSV-STN last week. Really nice, no TSA to deal with, all the food and drink you can eat, 1st class seating, bunks in the back and 7hrs door-to-door (hehe all four engines spooled up to 91% ALL the way. That's freightdogs for ya!). Oh and zero cost.
Attached Thumbnails Planespotting-748fatl11.jpg3c8b2d37-2985-4a4b-bef4-8ec5d97a47dflarger.jpg  
Old Jan 11th 2012, 2:32 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit3964
I've had the best flight ever to Old Blighty. Jumpseating on Atlas Air's B747-400F from HSV-STN last week. Really nice, no TSA to deal with, all the food and drink you can eat, 1st class seating, bunks in the back and 7hrs door-to-door (hehe all four engines spooled up to 91% ALL the way. That's freightdogs for ya!). Oh and zero cost.
You win !
Old Jan 11th 2012, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
For those interested in what they travel on across the Pond, I came across this article on Fleet Movements, between a couple of the "Legacy" Airlines;

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/jsp_i...s/DAL10176.xml

Jim.
How old is this article? It talks about starting to planes to its fleet in 2007 according to a recent interview.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

Continental are having issues with their 757 not having the range to make it back to the US
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-flights.html
Old Jan 12th 2012, 2:33 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vimto
Continental are having issues with their 757 not having the range to make it back to the US
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-flights.html
Using them on the KEWR-EGAA or KWER-EGCC routes were pushing it to begin with. There is a reason that there is a 767 ...
Old Jan 12th 2012, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Using them on the KEWR-EGAA or KWER-EGCC routes were pushing it to begin with. There is a reason that there is a 767 ...
Flew on a 757 from Manchester (UK) to Montego Bay, Jamaica in 1990. Had to land in Bangor, ME, to refuel.

Last year (actualy December 2009) had to fly on one from O'Hare to Manchester, UK. Had to land and change planes at JFK due to a technical issue..

Screw that for a bag of ollies.......I'm going to Heathrow and renting a car from now on.

Jim.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 2:41 pm
I have a comma problem

Flew on a 757 from Manchester (UK) to Montego Bay, Jamaica in 1990. Had to land in Bangor, ME, to refuel.

Last year (actualy December 2009) had to fly on one from O'Hare to Manchester, UK. Had to land and change planes at JFK due to a technical issue..

Screw that for a bag of ollies.......I'm going to Heathrow and renting a car from now on.

Jim.
Bloody right - then you'll get the 777 (or 747 if you go BA and you get lucky). Our next trip we're flying into London and connecting over. Even if our previously used Dublin route was still up and running, I bet AA would throw the 757 on it as well

Since we have the air miles we have to stick with American, crap as they are ...
Old Jan 12th 2012, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody right - then you'll get the 777 (or 747 if you go BA and you get lucky). Our next trip we're flying into London and connecting over. Even if our previously used Dublin route was still up and running, I bet AA would throw the 757 on it as well

Since we have the air miles we have to stick with American, crap as they are ...
Last time I checked, AA used 767s on their Summer & Fall O'Hare to Dublin Service.

As I travel exclusively on AA (thanks to multiple friends working for them) I will use their 777 Planes from now on.....unless I'm in a bind.

Jim.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 2:48 pm
I have a comma problem

Last time I checked, AA used 767s on their Summer & Fall O'Hare to Dublin Service.

As I travel exclusively on AA (thanks to multiple friends working for them) I will use their 777 Planes from now on.....unless I'm in a bind.

Jim.
They did use the 767 - it was more of a 'it'd be just my luck' kind of speculation.

Air Canada's in flight entertainment aside, the 777 is still hands down the best plane I've flown on.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

They did use the 767 - it was more of a 'it'd be just my luck' kind of speculation.

Air Canada's in flight entertainment aside, the 777 is still hands down the best plane I've flown on.
AA92 on the way over (flight number). Still has 767s listed for this year.

Jim.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 2:50 pm
I have a comma problem

AA92 on the way over (flight number).

Jim.
For Dublin, right? We flew it before. I flew the 767 when they used to use it on the KORD-EGCC route as well. Decent sized plane but the IFE was shite!

My wife, on the return flight to Chicago after her first visit to see me in the UK got stuck on one of their 767s with a seat that had a broken light, headphone jack and I think it wouldn't recline. For eight hours
Old Feb 5th 2012, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

A couple of photos of a Lufthansa B747-400, just after taking off from Chicago O'Hare on Friday Night.

The Photos were taken from the Des Plaines Oasis on I-90 (Eastbound Side). They were taken right before the lights went out.

Jim.
Attached Thumbnails Planespotting-005.jpg   Planespotting-006.jpg  

Last edited by Scouse Express; Feb 5th 2012 at 6:20 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with you on that... Flew a 777 with Emirates from LHR to Dubai and then onto Sydney via Bangkok... And back, in business class... I've done both the A340 and 747-400 on most of those legs, with & without Emirates... 777 wins. The A340 possibly the noisiest I've flown - not in a good way.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 3:52 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
I'm with you on that... Flew a 777 with Emirates from LHR to Dubai and then onto Sydney via Bangkok... And back, in business class... I've done both the A340 and 747-400 on most of those legs, with & without Emirates... 777 wins. The A340 possibly the noisiest I've flown - not in a good way.
Never flown an Airbus widebody. The A340 is a great looking plane, though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.