Pet Peeves?

Old Jan 4th 2012, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by redglade
but digital information signs used on motorways for amber alerts, evacuation info etc can be read while driving without causing a problem.
Not on the roads I drive. Everyone slows down by at least 10mph to read a sign that says "Wear your seatbelt - extra checks at night". How hard is it to read that? Backs the road up for miles for some reason.

Just as bad are when the signs in the city tell me there has been an accident ahead - about 70 miles away, and at least 6 overhead signs outside of the city away.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 11:24 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Xebedee
Well, its a very American thing to publicly display like that isn't it?
Seen them in the UK and loads of them over here. Shitty idea.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 12:54 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
They do it back in the UK too, don't they?
First time I ever saw them was in the Netherlands. The area I lived in had a Catholic majority so many of the memorials were very shrinelike.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 1:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
First time I ever saw them was in the Netherlands. The area I lived in had a Catholic majority so many of the memorials were very shrinelike.
I think it is/was much more common to see roadside shrines on the Continent than in the UK. I can't recall ever seeing any in the UK before we moved...but I have seen one or two in recent years.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 1:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

There's one near us and they have this photo up. Without meaning to be harsh, it looks like it was taken after the guy's accident Flowers are changed once or twice a week which strikes me as slight overkill and the point the people have to park is on a steep blind corner. ****wits in my extremely humble opinion.

I wish I had a job. I wouldn't have so much time to get wound up by morons.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 9:58 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
There's one near us and they have this photo up. Without meaning to be harsh, it looks like it was taken after the guy's accident Flowers are changed once or twice a week which strikes me as slight overkill and the point the people have to park is on a steep blind corner. ****wits in my extremely humble opinion.

I wish I had a job. I wouldn't have so much time to get wound up by morons.
Even with a job I still get wound up by morons. But such is life when one deals with the public.........

Anyway, I am creeped out by the cemetery I pass every day which had one now two graves that are lit.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 12:36 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
Not on the roads I drive. Everyone slows down by at least 10mph to read a sign that says "Wear your seatbelt - extra checks at night". How hard is it to read that? Backs the road up for miles for some reason.

Just as bad are when the signs in the city tell me there has been an accident ahead - about 70 miles away, and at least 6 overhead signs outside of the city away.
Two possible reasons might include those of illiteracy, and bad vision. Intelligence could also play a part.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 1:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
Two possible reasons might include those of illiteracy, and bad vision. Intelligence could also play a part.
It could, but we're still waiting for some of it from you....
Old Jan 5th 2012, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Even with a job I still get wound up by morons. But such is life when one deals with the public.........

Anyway, I am creeped out by the cemetery I pass every day which had one now two graves that are lit.
Lit??? With what kind of lights? Come to think of it, seems to me there were some solar lantern-like things on graves in the cemetery in Southampton when we went for BIL's funeral. Because it was daylight, they weren't lit, but I imagine the glow from them at night would be a little creepy. Many of the gravesites had bits of whimzy decorating them - one had a sculpture of a dog taking a whizz, another had a Co-Op grocery bag tied to a stake, others had whirlygigs, another a whiskey bottle - really, all manner of things. Can you imagine that sort of thing on American graves or solar lanterns at the roadside memorials? OMG!
Old Jan 5th 2012, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
a dog taking a whizz...
Is this connected with "Cheese Whizz" at all?
Old Jan 5th 2012, 11:50 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

That's just downright fricking odd! I'm going to be burnt and then chucked out to sea.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 12:38 am
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
Lit??? With what kind of lights? Come to think of it, seems to me there were some solar lantern-like things on graves in the cemetery in Southampton when we went for BIL's funeral. Because it was daylight, they weren't lit, but I imagine the glow from them at night would be a little creepy. Many of the gravesites had bits of whimzy decorating them - one had a sculpture of a dog taking a whizz, another had a Co-Op grocery bag tied to a stake, others had whirlygigs, another a whiskey bottle - really, all manner of things. Can you imagine that sort of thing on American graves or solar lanterns at the roadside memorials? OMG!
These outline the plots.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 12:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

These outline the plots.
Are they body shaped? Or like a murder scene chalk shape? That could be quite amusing. Well, to me anyway.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 12:49 am
Sursum corda

Are they body shaped? Or like a murder scene chalk shape? That could be quite amusing. Well, to me anyway.
Dom't give 'em any ideas............
Old Jan 6th 2012, 1:51 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

When I first started working in Adelaide I had a white tail spider fall from the ceiling and land on my desk. The guy from the next office came in, killed it then took his pencil and drew the outline around the squashed remains. Bastard thought it was funny.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.