Pet Peeves?

Old Nov 30th 2016, 5:02 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I wondered where you had been hiding
Had to stay low till the heat died down , also thanksgiving.

Do you mean Road Rash? Those were unbelievably good games. There were hours of fun with my cousin race spamming to make enough money to afford the Diabo (or whatever it was called), then all the other riders trash talking between races.
Yeah that's it, Road Rash. Gave me a good foundation (with GTA) for real-world road rage.

There was a cheat where you could get a jet black bike that was so fast you could crash shortly after the start and fly the 10 miles of the course and die just after the finish line. I completed the game first time round using that exact tactic.

I spent probably 95% of my time in the mid-90s playing either Sensible Soccer or Championship Manager on my Amiga. Then I discovered Civilization ...
I've never played any sports games, but I did play Age of Empires/Age of Mythology.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 5:08 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginnyc
Had to stay low till the heat died down , also thanksgiving.
I keep forgetting that was only last Thursday. Feels like longer ago for some reason.

Yeah that's it, Road Rash. Gave me a good foundation (with GTA) for real-world road rage.

There was a cheat where you could get a jet black bike that was so fast you could crash shortly after the start and fly the 10 miles of the course and die just after the finish line. I completed the game first time round using that exact tactic.

I never had any cheat codes for Road Rash (plenty for GTA but I got bored of them after a while). I just had to spam races endlessly to get enough credits to upgrade.

And now, I still have to do the same in Gran Turismo. Plus ca change, etc.

I've never played any sports games, but I did play Age of Empires/Age of Mythology.
I love Age of Empires, but I didn't get into it until later on.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 5:10 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Saints Row 3 (and maybe 4) > GTA

Old Nov 30th 2016, 5:13 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
Also, OT .. People who post off topic in Pet Peeves. Think we got away with that one.
No on-topic conversation in here please (lets also not make this a Witch-hunt)

More lies.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 5:33 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

More lies.
Denial.

River, Egypt etc.

GTA is no match for The 3rd Street Saints.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 5:35 pm
Sasstronaut

Denial.

River, Egypt etc.

It's OK - you'll come around eventually. Sounds like you've never played GTA Online. Let me know and I'll welcome you with my jump jet
Old Nov 30th 2016, 5:43 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Utter bollocks.

You obviously haven't spent enough time playing San Andreas.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Wild Thing 2000. Infinite nitros. Had so much fun messing about with that bike, didn't even care about winning the races.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 7:03 pm

Utter bollocks.

GTA bored me. I know, I'm a bad person.

I mean, the running around free-form killing stuff didn't. I love that, but you can only do that for so long. All of the missions / scripted stuff? Yeah.. Not my thing.

V lost my interest before I even made it out of the first bit of "go to your house-now look at your closet- now talk to your "homie" (ugh) stuff.

I should try and get back into it... I paid for it... its on my PC right now... Icon glaring at me... But it just went on for eeeeeever and I Just. Wanted. To. Play.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 7:04 pm
Sasstronaut

Originally Posted by Anian
Wild Thing 2000. Infinite nitros. Had so much fun messing about with that bike, didn't even care about winning the races.
Yeah that's the bike! Just found an online emulator for the game and played a couple of races (not with the cheat, just the crappy red bike). Brought back a ton of memories... and unresolved issues with Viper.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 7:04 pm

It's OK - you'll come around eventually. Sounds like you've never played GTA Online. Let me know and I'll welcome you with my jump jet
I haven't really played online since City of Heroes went dark. I want it back.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Utter bollocks.

Vice City = Greatest game of all time
Old Nov 30th 2016, 7:07 pm
I have a comma problem

GTA bored me. I know, I'm a bad person.

I mean, the running around free-form killing stuff didn't. I love that, but you can only do that for so long. All of the missions / scripted stuff? Yeah.. Not my thing.

V lost my interest before I even made it out of the first bit of "go to your house-now look at your closet- now talk to your "homie" (ugh) stuff.

I should try and get back into it... I paid for it... its on my PC right now... Icon glaring at me... But it just went on for eeeeeever and I Just. Wanted. To. Play.
I'm biased. I've been a GTA circlejerker since the first one came out. San Andreas is probably my favorite game of all time (certainly top 3) and I loved GTA V . I equally enjoyed the missions and free roaming. But that's me ...
Old Nov 30th 2016, 7:08 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by tom169
Vice City = Greatest game of all time
It's up there, but SA has the edge for me. Can't explain why, I just go back to it time and time again.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 7:08 pm

I'm biased. I've been a GTA circlejerker since the first one came out. San Andreas is probably my favorite game of all time (certainly top 3) and I loved GTA V . I equally enjoyed the missions and free roaming. But that's me ...
How long does that crap at the beginning of V go on for? Should I spend 30 mins trying to spacebar through it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.