Pet Peeves?

Old Sep 15th 2016, 2:05 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
On public transport, headphones on is the international sign for 'don't bother me'. If you bung a pair on you should get left alone.
Sad thing is, I do! Doesn't always work (and then comes the gestures of removing said earphones). I've been known to walk down streets with them in with no music playing (situational awareness and all). Especially in Times square.
Old Sep 15th 2016, 2:39 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginnyc
Sad thing is, I do! Doesn't always work (and then comes the gestures of removing said earphones). I've been known to walk down streets with them in with no music playing (situational awareness and all). Especially in Times square.
I suppose you can just ignore them. Or pretend to be asleep ...

Good thing about living in the 'burbs is I don't have to deal with any of this. Unless I go into Chicago for the day, but most people keep to themselves on the train anyway.
Old Sep 15th 2016, 7:43 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

I'll get used to it in time - I'm just still used to London mentality where anyone who tries to communicate with strangers is clearly a psycho
Old Sep 15th 2016, 7:49 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I'll get used to it in time - I'm just still used to London mentality where anyone who tries to communicate with strangers is clearly a psycho
I bet those people in New York don't know how to queue properly either ...
Old Sep 15th 2016, 8:12 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I was wearing my headphones while waiting in a waiting room. A woman came around and stood in front of me gesturing and pointing at her own ears until I took my headphones off. You know what she wanted to tell me?

"I've been trying to talk to you for a few minutes. I thought you were just being rude but now I can see that you're wearing headphones and weren't actually ignoring me. I just thought I should let you know."

WTF?!?!?!?
Old Sep 15th 2016, 8:13 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Leslie
I was wearing my headphones while waiting in a waiting room. A woman came around and stood in front of me gesturing and pointing at her own ears until I took my headphones off. You know what she wanted to tell me?

"I've been trying to talk to you for a few minutes. I thought you were just being rude but now I can see that you're wearing headphones and weren't actually ignoring me. I just thought I should let you know."

WTF?!?!?!?
That's quite special.
Old Sep 15th 2016, 8:25 pm
Sasstronaut

I bet those people in New York don't know how to queue properly either ...
All i'm gonna say is, I learn't early on how Grand Central's food court is an absolute last resort before jumping on a train. Zaro's is OK so long as you're good at catching when they throw your order at you (learn from my mistake though - don't order a pizza bagel out of curiosity).

The New York Minute is real though. I upset a small crowd of people when I swiped my metrocard the wrong way, causing ~8 seconds of disruption. Apparently I'll lose the tourist tag in about 20-25 years
Old Sep 15th 2016, 8:38 pm
I have a comma problem

All i'm gonna say is, I learn't early on how Grand Central's food court is an absolute last resort before jumping on a train. Zaro's is OK so long as you're good at catching when they throw your order at you (learn from my mistake though - don't order a pizza bagel out of curiosity).

The New York Minute is real though. I upset a small crowd of people when I swiped my metrocard the wrong way, causing ~8 seconds of disruption. Apparently I'll lose the tourist tag in about 20-25 years
A pizza bagel sounds like something I would eat the shit out of, to be quite honest

I am definitely glad we live where we do, New York sounds like a nightmare. I like it a bit quieter. Traffic can be a pain in the arse if I don't get out before the school run but my mornings are me on my own in the car. Much better.
Old Sep 15th 2016, 8:50 pm
Sasstronaut

A pizza bagel sounds like something I would eat the shit out of, to be quite honest
It was tasty but, I could only eat about half of it. They are huge. It's also impossible to eat on the go - so I ended up on a bench. Next time I get the munchies, I'll just get a slice like a normal person

Old Sep 15th 2016, 8:52 pm
I have a comma problem

It was tasty but, I could only eat about half of it. They are huge. It's also impossible to eat on the go - so I ended up on a bench. Next time I get the munchies, I'll just get a slice like a normal person

https://amandaaustincomedy.files.wor.../tinapizza.jpg
I don't have to worry about pizza here, as everybody knows Chicago pizza is the best pizza ...
Old Sep 15th 2016, 9:03 pm
Sasstronaut

I don't have to worry about pizza here, as everybody knows Chicago pizza is the best pizza ...
Pizza rat begs to differ (I can't comment, never been to Chicago).
Old Sep 15th 2016, 9:05 pm
I have a comma problem

Pizza rat begs to differ (I can't comment, never been to Chicago).
It's probably not too much different from New York, really.

Deep dish pizza kicks arse, though.
Old Sep 15th 2016, 9:09 pm
Sasstronaut

It's probably not too much different from New York, really.

Deep dish pizza kicks arse, though.
I just asked around my family here... apparently the key differences are that its deep dish and the ingredients are upside down?!
Old Sep 15th 2016, 9:12 pm
I have a comma problem

I just asked around my family here... apparently the key differences are that its deep dish and the ingredients are upside down?!
Yes. The cheese is on the bottom (usually contains the 'topping', if any), with a sauce on the top. More of a pie than a pizza, really. There is a Chicago style thin crust, too. Some places also cut regular pizzas into squares, and I think we're the only area that I know of to do that.

I'm not a pizza snob though, as far as I'm concerned, any pizza is good pizza
Old Sep 15th 2016, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

jambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. The cheese is on the bottom (usually contains the 'topping', if any), with a sauce on the top. More of a pie than a pizza, really. There is a Chicago style thin crust, too. Some places also cut regular pizzas into squares, and I think we're the only area that I know of to do that.

I'm not a pizza snob though, as far as I'm concerned, any pizza is good pizza
I do agree that deep dish is a great pizza. I love it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.