Wikiposts

Pet Peeves?

Old Oct 2nd 2013, 9:08 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by Bob
I think it went better on FB...but it would be poor form to have to ban myself on BE if I posted that outburst here
That would create quite a paradox.

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Your psyche must be a scary place!
You'd think, but really it's quite nice.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 9:11 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
..... You'd think, but really it's quite nice.
Except for heterosexual cats, apparently!
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 9:12 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Except for heterosexual cats, apparently!
Heterosexual or not, a tree vs a cat's bum is never going to end well ...
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 9:15 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Heterosexual or not, a tree vs a cat's bum is never going to end well ...
You realise that "tree and cat bum" (intestines) pretty much describes a violin.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 10:08 am
I have a comma problem

You realise that "tree and cat bum" (intestines) pretty much describes a violin.
Throw in some horse hair and you are indeed correct my good sir ...
Old Oct 4th 2013, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

Having to explain that I am not weird for eating the skin of a baked potato, that it's nutritious and the fibre generally helps even out the massive carbohydrate rush from the white fluffy bit.

If I hear "why dontcha go ahead and eat the box too" one more time I will go back to eating lunch at my desk in a huff.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 4:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yellowroom
Having to explain that I am not weird for eating the skin of a baked potato, that it's nutritious and the fibre generally helps even out the massive carbohydrate rush from the white fluffy bit.

If I hear "why dontcha go ahead and eat the box too" one more time I will go back to eating lunch at my desk in a huff.
I usually eat the skin and leave most of the inside...same with a crusty loaf/roll. I also prefer the edge of a thin pizza to the middle.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 4:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I usually eat the skin and leave most of the inside...same with a crusty loaf/roll. I also prefer the edge of a thin pizza to the middle...same with meat.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I usually eat the skin and leave most of the inside...same with a crusty loaf/roll. I also prefer the edge of a thin pizza to the middle.
I'm similar, I love potato skins and pizza crusts. However my rule is that whatever is served on my plate, gets eaten if it is digestible - potato skins, pizza crusts, stuffed peppers, etc. Only bones, stones, stems, cores, and fat/gristle from cuts of meat get left by the time I'm done.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 5:45 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Having a gander around another part of town as it's nice out...pavements were a bonus, but the amount of dog shit or raised plates from water/gas whatever plates were a hazard and some of those pavements were well knackered.

Worse were the utility poles right in the middle of the pavements, really what is the point of that?

And another annoying thing, tomato and blueberry stains on tupperware, impossible to get rid of and the tubs now all looking a bit manky.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Bob
..... Worse were the utility poles right in the middle of the pavements, really what is the point of that? ....
Squatters' rights, the poles were there first.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 6:31 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Squatters' rights, the poles were there first.
Some of them....some of them were just put in a couple weeks ago, as Verizon had to replace a large chunk...at least they moved the ones that were on the road on the main street out of the way a bit this time
Old Oct 8th 2013, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Bob
Some of them....some of them were just put in a couple weeks ago, as Verizon had to replace a large chunk...at least they moved the ones that were on the road on the main street out of the way a bit this time
Could be worse:

Genius road crew installs pole in middle of busy highway

How does one say "good civil engineering" in French? Residents in the Quebec town of Johnville have seen one of their roads turned into a de facto obstacle course thanks to a giant pole planted right in the middle of a highway. The road is currently undergoing renovations, but teams somehow managed to either miss or improperly install this electrical pole in the part that cars have to use. (And no, planting a pole right in the middle of the road wasn't their plan.) Officials had hoped that signs alerting drivers to the pole's presence would suffice, but have since admitted that's ridiculous and said they'll remove it as soon as possible. Bonne idée.

Last edited by Pulaski; Oct 8th 2013 at 6:39 am.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 6:49 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Could be worse:

http://www.autospies.com/images/user...ity%20pole.jpg

Genius road crew installs pole in middle of busy highway

How does one say "good civil engineering" in French? Residents in the Quebec town of Johnville have seen one of their roads turned into a de facto obstacle course thanks to a giant pole planted right in the middle of a highway. The road is currently undergoing renovations, but teams somehow managed to either miss or improperly install this electrical pole in the part that cars have to use. (And no, planting a pole right in the middle of the road wasn't their plan.) Officials had hoped that signs alerting drivers to the pole's presence would suffice, but have since admitted that's ridiculous and said they'll remove it as soon as possible. Bonne idée.
It was actually a little like that for a little while, as they widened the lane and didn't actually put lines in to separate the lanes but finished the surfacing a couple weeks before Verizon were planning on moving the poles

Speaking of the road works though, they're now widening another section of road which means losing the on street parking, which is daft as they haven't put in any replacement parking and it's not like it's a very busy intersection at all. Made worse by the fact a lot of these projects to ease congestion in other parts of town were basically to help one high tech company out, who recently just announced that they are closing the site down end of the year anyway and because the equipment is old that it will be unlikely to find a buyer for the site....so yeah, good going everyone.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 7:28 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Probably the same folk who would think nothing of going in somewhere and ordering a starter of healthy baked potato skins, fried then filled with massive amounts of high fat dairy and deep fried bacon....with a bit of greenery on top for health appeal. Gotta love those loaded potato skins.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.