Pet Peeves?

Old Oct 19th 2011, 6:49 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
You really should become a concierge for the USA forums. Advice like that is hard to come by in this day and age ...
You nominate me, and I'll do it. I'm sure they'd accept me gladly.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 6:51 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
You nominate me, and I'll do it. I'm sure they'd accept me gladly.
Nominate you? And be branded an arse-licker for all eternity?

You're on your own there, mate
Old Oct 19th 2011, 6:55 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
How many attics do tall blocks of apartments have?
And you're still of the opinion that the ceiling of an apartment is just the painted underside of of the concrete floor beams of the apartment above, are you?
Old Oct 19th 2011, 6:57 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

And you're still of the opinion that the ceiling of an apartment is just the painted underside of of the concrete floor beams of the apartment above, are you?
Just to bring it back to the ceiling light thing - we lived in an apartment that had ceiling lights (boob lights of course), just not in the 'living room' area for some reason. Must just be a usage thing, rather than an electrician's thing.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 7:16 pm

Just to bring it back to the ceiling light thing - we lived in an apartment that had ceiling lights (boob lights of course), just not in the 'living room' area for some reason. Must just be a usage thing, rather than an electrician's thing.
Depends on what the Architect feels they want to design. That's about the only rule there is in most instances, the design vs the cost. If it can be done to code, then it's fine. Most apartments have ceiling fixtures even if it's only in the kitchen and bathroom, it's not like the ceiling is literally the painted underside of the above apartment's floor beams. That was my point. I didn't make it before because I didn't want to bang on about it like a knowall, but the other poster seemed to need food for thought, that's all.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 7:36 pm
I have a comma problem

, it's not like the ceiling is literally the painted underside of the above apartment's floor beams.
In our apartment it felt like it was. Especially when the couple above decided to have a fight (or worse, a shag) at one in the morning.

I do remember a great fight where the bird accused the bloke of 'getting f***ed up the ass in prison' once. I don't miss those apartments, it has to be said.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 7:45 pm

In our apartment it felt like it was. Especially when the couple above decided to have a fight (or worse, a shag) at one in the morning.

I do remember a great fight where the bird accused the bloke of 'getting f***ed up the ass in prison' once. I don't miss those apartments, it has to be said.
I wonder how she knew? Maybe his cell mate had sent her a letter, and that was what the argument was about?
Old Oct 19th 2011, 7:53 pm
I have a comma problem

I wonder how she knew? Maybe his cell mate had sent her a letter, and that was what the argument was about?
I'd rather not know. They annoyed the crap out of me, those ones. When 'prison poofter' was gone, the bloke she originally lived with returned (he had been in a coma induced by a dental abcess - classy bird, wasn't she), but so did his speakers. In an apartment complex - he had two giant (4' tall cabs, each with a 15" woofer and two 10" tweeters.) Every bloody night he'd play the same song through them, and every night I'd bang on the door to yell at him.

There's another pet peeve: 'other people'. Bastards.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 8:38 pm

I'd rather not know. They annoyed the crap out of me, those ones. When 'prison poofter' was gone, the bloke she originally lived with returned (he had been in a coma induced by a dental abcess - classy bird, wasn't she), but so did his speakers. In an apartment complex - he had two giant (4' tall cabs, each with a 15" woofer and two 10" tweeters.) Every bloody night he'd play the same song through them, and every night I'd bang on the door to yell at him.

There's another pet peeve: 'other people'. Bastards.
So it was a poofter with a sub woofter, eh?
Sounds like you enjoyed his music for free.. what the hell are you complaining about?

I think Leslie already called dibs on the "other people" peeve.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 8:41 pm
I have a comma problem

So it was a poofter with a sub woofter, eh?
Sounds like you enjoyed his music for free.. what the hell are you complaining about?

I think Leslie already called dibs on the "other people" peeve.
This wasn't prison bloke. Prison bloke was who speaker bloke's bird was sleeping with while speaker bloke was in the abcess induced coma.

'Enjoyed' is a subjective term. This wasn't Abbey Road he was blasting out of those monoliths ...
Old Oct 19th 2011, 8:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

People who are late, calling you when they're at least 30 mins late to say they'll be late.

No shit sherlock.

Storm windows, they're shitely made and never seem to come down properly....and windows in general are just shit around here...how hard is it to have them sealed up properly :/

Draft excluders which are just a bit to long to fit along the window sill, so you have to bend them, creating a huge loop making them useless as they aren't snug around the corners of the windows.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
People who are late, calling you when they're at least 30 mins late to say they'll be late.

No shit sherlock.

Storm windows, they're shitely made and never seem to come down properly....and windows in general are just shit around here...how hard is it to have them sealed up properly :/

Draft excluders which are just a bit to long to fit along the window sill, so you have to bend them, creating a huge loop making them useless as they aren't snug around the corners of the windows.
Why not just say all construction tradesmen, and all construction products? It'd save you time.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 10:33 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Why not just say all construction tradesmen, and all construction products? It'd save you time.
Well new windows in our last apartment were fine, double glased and didn't need storm windows.

Every where else that we've lived in that had storm windows, they've been shit, wonky things.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 12:51 pm

Nominate you? And be branded an arse-licker for all eternity?

You're on your own there, mate
You? An arse licker? Who could suggest such a thing?
Old Oct 20th 2011, 2:13 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

You? An arse licker? Who could suggest such a thing?
All the people whose arse he licks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.