Pet Peeves?

Old Feb 6th 2012, 4:06 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by StephieFaith83
My main one right now is being asked where I'm from 30 times a day. I work in a Grocery Store. Most of the people are just genuinely happy to be talking to an English person. Then there are the ones that overstep the boundaries. It goes a little something like this...

Person: Where are you from?
Me: England
Person: How long have you lived in the US?
Me: This will be my third year
Person: What are you doing here? Are you a student?
Me: No, my husband is from here
Person: How did you meet your husband?

And at this point I start to seethe a little inside.
It gets up my nose as well same bloody stupid boring questions everyday, get used to it because its not going to get any better
Old Feb 6th 2012, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

StephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud of

The thing that gets me the most is that they seem to think it's any of their business what I'm doing here.

I've also been asked if I'm Canadian, South African but the most common one is Australian...
Old Feb 6th 2012, 4:12 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

The thing that gets me the most is that they seem to think it's any of their business what I'm doing here.

I've also been asked if I'm Canadian, South African but the most common one is Australian...
There are a few threads on this but I totally agree with you.....its total shock and more then they can handle when you tell them you are a US Citizen its almost to much for them to comprehend

What I hate is the "oh oh listen to her talk Bert" what am I a flippen parrot
Old Feb 6th 2012, 4:13 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
It gets up my nose as well same bloody stupid boring questions everyday, get used to it because its not going to get any better

Aww, they are just being friendly! Still a bit of a pain though.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

gradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by robin1234
Aww, they are just being friendly! Still a bit of a pain though.
The fact that they are just being friendly makes it worse though!

It means you can't really tell them to **** off...

gradboy
Old Feb 11th 2012, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

redglade has a brilliant futureredglade has a brilliant futureredglade has a brilliant futureredglade has a brilliant futureredglade has a brilliant futureredglade has a brilliant future

Filling out forms. It wouldn't be so bad if the majority of them weren't redundant. Every school field trip, girl scout activity, cub scout activity, visit to the doctor's office - more forms asking for information they already have. URGH! And people who have those bloody spam blockers requiring you to fill out a form before they will accept an email from you deserve to be left out of the loop.
Old Feb 11th 2012, 1:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

When you ask someone something, such as what do you want to watch/eat/drink, whatever and they reply with "don't mind" and then get the hump with whatever you then select.
Old Feb 11th 2012, 2:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
When you ask someone something, such as what do you want to watch/eat/drink, whatever and they reply with "don't mind" and then get the hump with whatever you then select.
hahaha..........I always reply with "don't mind is not an option!"
Old Feb 11th 2012, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

rivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nice

Originally Posted by gradboy
The fact that they are just being friendly makes it worse though!

It means you can't really tell them to **** off...

gradboy
I got told not so politely to **** off in a restaurant once by a Brit waitress no less. I went in with three friends and when i heard her British accent i was all a-quiver so i said i was born in Maidenhead just north of London and grew up in Yorkshire thinking that would make us like mates and asked her where she was from but got a mind yer own business

It's now a joke that in a restaurant i don't talk till we find out if the waitress is from the UK

Charles
Old Feb 11th 2012, 9:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

The Bark-lays prem-eer league with New-castt-ll United.

They could at least try with the pronuncuations.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

gradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rivit
I got told not so politely to **** off in a restaurant once by a Brit waitress no less. I went in with three friends and when i heard her British accent i was all a-quiver so i said i was born in Maidenhead just north of London and grew up in Yorkshire thinking that would make us like mates and asked her where she was from but got a mind yer own business

It's now a joke that in a restaurant i don't talk till we find out if the waitress is from the UK

Charles
Haha I had a similar thing happen to me. In Tennessee I think, I went to a bar where the barman was English. I asked him about it, but I think I asked him to speak again so I wasn't imagining it. He told me he was "not a ****ing performing animal'
Old Feb 27th 2012, 2:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

People who spend 30 odd seconds trying to push a "pull" door or the other way....it can only go in two directions, so after the first failed effort you'd think they would figure it out.

Bathroom sinks with those pull up levers for the plug, they're always shit...but the one in our bathroom especially, not only because it's crap at stopping the water draining, but because the lever comes out so high that it twonks you in the face when you go wash your face.

Chucking out a razor blade and then finding that what you thought was the last double edge blade in the pack was in fact a cardboard slip with information about the company, so you've got to go routing around for that manky blade again.

My local footie team being unable to get anything other than a draw against a team who had lost the last 8 games on the trot and barely holding onto the last play off position in the league...with the biggest rivals climbing into first place.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Chucking out a razor blade and then finding that what you thought was the last double edge blade in the pack was in fact a cardboard slip with information about the company, so you've got to go routing around for that manky blade again.
I hate it when that happens...
Old Feb 27th 2012, 7:28 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

They still sell razor blades??
Old Feb 27th 2012, 7:32 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
They still sell razor blades??
I wish they didn't. Then I'd have an excuse not to have to shave any more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.