Pet Peeves?

Old Feb 1st 2012, 10:58 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

People who open a box, look at the contents, then take another box containing the same product.

Good job it's not ****ing cheerios they're shopping for.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 11:01 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
People who open a box, look at the contents, then take another box containing the same product.
Ooops, sorry.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 9:35 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Ooops, sorry.
+1
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Not washing the washable coffee filter, for example ...
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 6:19 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Good job it's not ****ing cheerios they're shopping for.
But if it's eggs, then it makes sense.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 6:31 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Yep. Who wants to pay for 11 eggs and one empty shell?
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 6:33 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Yes, eggs I agree with. Costco have nice see through packaging for their eggs now so you don't even need to open it just peek underneath it.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 6:35 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, eggs I agree with. Costco have nice see through packaging for their eggs now so you don't even need to open it just peek underneath it.
Or, at a pinch, if all the surrounding boxes are covered in yolk, you know to look elsewhere
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 6:42 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I've unscrewed the caps off a couple of bottles of fabric conditioner or the like to smell it before buying it.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 6:44 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I've unscrewed the caps off a couple of bottles of fabric conditioner or the like to smell it before buying it.
I get around the need to do that by always buying the same kind each time
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 6:48 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I get around the need to do that by always buying the same kind each time
I shop in different places though and they don't all have the same brands.
I also do it sneakily. I'm scared some big Mamma is going to tell me off.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 6:55 pm
I have a comma problem

I shop in different places though and they don't all have the same brands.
I also do it sneakily. I'm scared some big Mamma is going to tell me off.
I don't see anything wrong with it myself, though. You're just having a whiff to see if you like it.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 6:56 pm

I don't see anything wrong with it myself, though. You're just having a whiff to see if you like it.
You haven't met Italian customer service (cough cough) yet.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 6:59 pm
I have a comma problem

You haven't met Italian customer service (cough cough) yet.
Oh, do they get arsey about stuff like that?
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 7:10 pm

Oh, do they get arsey about stuff like that?
Sometimes. I'm sneaky now because once upon a time I'd just unscrewed the lid when some shop girl came up behind me and shouted "what you doin'?" in my ear and I jumped so much I sloshed some of the liquid on the floor and of course was forced to pay for the now half empty bottle in my hands.
I left the bloody cleaning up for her to do though.

When my daughter was younger, she was safely ensconced into a supermarket trolley seat but still managed to knock a bottle of vinegar onto the floor where of course it smashed. I was all ready to apologise when some git faced manager waltzed straight up to me and demanded I pay for damages.

His attitude made my apology fly out the window so I started arguing that a minor was not responsible for low shelf damages and that surely they must expect some.

He turned into a bastard so I became a bitch and after recognising that no reasoning was to be done I grabbed my child, left my shopping and walked out.

Most Italian mammas grovel and apologise profusely although I did not know this then. I wasn't prepared to grovel over a 45 cent bottle of vinegar and in my naughty frame of mind I was happy for the whole store to stink of frigging vinegar.

The grovelling and the apologies means that Italian customer service has never moved forward in any kind of store (except perhaps Ikea) and we don't get any customer service.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.