Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OT - Discussion Group for US women married to UK men

OT - Discussion Group for US women married to UK men

Old May 18th 2003, 6:26 pm
July

Default OT - Discussion Group for US women married to UK men

Hello, please pardon the intrusion but we have formed a Yahoo
discussion group for US/Canadian women whose husbands are from the UK.
We discuss everything from kids to foods to UK television to what
your husband misses most about being away from the UK (or what he
likes best about living in North America.

If you'd like to know more, please check out our group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/USUKCanadianMarriages/

Again, please pardon my interruption. I have followed the immigration
threads here and posted my timelines when/where appropriate.

I-751 next, through the TSC.... ugh!

July

Old May 18th 2003, 7:52 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

What about the couples that moved to the UK ?
Old May 19th 2003, 2:36 pm
July

Default Re: OT - Discussion Group for US women married to UK men

lairdside wrote in message news:...
    > What about the couples that moved to the UK ?

Oh, please come and join us too! Sorry - I guess I wasn't very clear

Hope to see you there!

July

Old May 19th 2003, 3:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Why does your URL say USUKCanadianMarriages?

The UK and Canada are two distinctly separate countries with different television shows, food tastes, life styles in general. Just wondering ;-)

Rete (married to the Canuk)

Originally posted by July
Hello, please pardon the intrusion but we have formed a Yahoo
discussion group for US/Canadian women whose husbands are from the UK.
We discuss everything from kids to foods to UK television to what
your husband misses most about being away from the UK (or what he
likes best about living in North America.

If you'd like to know more, please check out our group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/USUKCanadianMarriages/

Again, please pardon my interruption. I have followed the immigration
threads here and posted my timelines when/where appropriate.

I-751 next, through the TSC.... ugh!

July
Old May 19th 2003, 4:05 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rete
Why does your URL say USUKCanadianMarriages?

The UK and Canada are two distinctly separate countries with different television shows, food tastes, life styles in general. Just wondering ;-)

Rete (married to the Canuk)

I wish I had a way to get Habitant brand yellow Pea Soup, speaking of different tastes. We had it in New England and I used to buy it at the Canadian Commissary at the AWACS base in Germany. MMMMMMMmmmmmmm good,
Old May 19th 2003, 4:32 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cindyabs
I wish I had a way to get Habitant brand yellow Pea Soup, speaking of different tastes. We had it in New England and I used to buy it at the Canadian Commissary at the AWACS base in Germany. MMMMMMMmmmmmmm good,

I have a case of it in my food closet. Want some? Jim is addicted to it, like his Canadian Tetley tea, and we always have both in the house.

Rete
Old May 19th 2003, 4:50 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Tetley tea is British
Old May 19th 2003, 8:54 pm
July

Rete wrote in message news:...
    > Why does your URL say USUKCanadianMarriages?
    >
    > The UK and Canada are two distinctly separate countries with
    > different television shows, food tastes, life styles in general.
    > Just wondering ;-)

I really mucked my post up, didn't I? :-) One of the original group
members is Canadian, married to a man from Wales. She always joked
that our US ladies group allowed her to join, even though she wasn't
American. So - the new group (the old one died - we can't locate the
listowner) was established for either US or Canadian gals, married to
guys from the UK. Doesn't matter whether she moved there or he moved
here.

Anyway, the few remaining members (there are about eight of us) have
been 'together' online since 1999 and we thought some here might like
to join us - to chat about the similarities/differences, etc. Be they
Canadian, American or British.

July (who is addicted to Heinz salad creme and HP sauce)

Old May 19th 2003, 10:23 pm
Concierge

Nah you didn't muck it up July. Just having a little fun with you ;-) No harm meant at all in my response.

I have to laugh at lairdside. Tetley is not British at least here in the States. Although I noted that our market is now selling a British blend of tea and I bought some for Jim and he thought "wow they are round bags without the string, so must be good." He had one cup and won't touch it again ;-)

In our house that round wet bag is called a mouse. That is what my mother-in-law called it.

Rete

I really mucked my post up, didn't I? :-) One of the original group
members is Canadian, married to a man from Wales. She always joked
that our US ladies group allowed her to join, even though she wasn't
American. So - the new group (the old one died - we can't locate the
listowner) was established for either US or Canadian gals, married to
guys from the UK. Doesn't matter whether she moved there or he moved
here.

Old May 19th 2003, 11:13 pm
In the UK

Careybear will become famous soon enough

That's funny because my friend in the UK drink Tetley British Blend in the UK....or is it different....he said it was Tetley British Blend...and I love it...hee hee

I might have to join your group july even though I already have a yahoo discussion group for uk/us couples in the midwest...hee hee

Carey

Originally posted by Rete
Nah you didn't muck it up July. Just having a little fun with you ;-) No harm meant at all in my response.

I have to laugh at lairdside. Tetley is not British at least here in the States. Although I noted that our market is now selling a British blend of tea and I bought some for Jim and he thought "wow they are round bags without the string, so must be good." He had one cup and won't touch it again ;-)

In our house that round wet bag is called a mouse. That is what my mother-in-law called it.

Rete
Old May 19th 2003, 11:58 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Careybear
That's funny because my friend in the UK drink Tetley British Blend in the UK....or is it different....he said it was Tetley British Blend...and I love it...hee hee
I remember when Mark came to the States the first time we met, and we went grocery shopping to stock up on food for his month-long stay. We made a point to go to the tea section, where they had about 714 brands to choose from, with all sorts of fancy flavors and blends. I remember thinking, "He's British, he's a tea-drinker -- I'm sure he'll pick out something really exotic!"

And what does Mark choose? Boring ol' Tetley tea in the boring ol' yellow box. Just regular, run-of-the-mill tea -- no fancy blend, no special flavor.

I learned my lesson that day.

~ Jenney

p.s. Mark still laughs that I have one of the "old-fashioned" whistling kettles, and that I bought an electric one especially for his first visit so he would feel more at home. He still can't believe that I don't know ANYONE (besides myself) who has an electric kettle!
Old May 20th 2003, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

BeachBunny is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been searching everywhere for an electric kettle!! I want to give it to my DH as a welcome home present... where did you find yours??
Old May 20th 2003, 1:55 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I 'd like to visit, but I find the yahoo format so hard to deal with. Ever thought about an easyboard or similar?
Old May 20th 2003, 3:17 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BeachBunny
I've been searching everywhere for an electric kettle!! I want to give it to my DH as a welcome home present... where did you find yours??
You can find electric kettles in a variety of places, like Walmart, Target, Amazon.com, and Bed Bath & Beyond. I bought a Black & Decker SmartBoil (1.5 liter) kettle at Target for about $20. Mark says it's almost exactly like the one he has at home.

~ Jenney
Old May 20th 2003, 3:48 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BeachBunny
I bought one for my husband for a welcome home present, . The Corning Outlet was going out at the nearby outlet mall so got one pretty reasonable. However when he's with me in the UK he drinks coffee, . I had bought some Twinings the first time he came over but he says he'd like Typhoo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.