Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OT: 2001 Information is Stale (And Therefore Almost Useless) for 2003 Discussions

OT: 2001 Information is Stale (And Therefore Almost Useless) for 2003 Discussions

Old Aug 25th 2003, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OT: 2001 Information is Stale (And Therefore Almost Useless) for 2003 Discussions

Today I have noticed a very interesting phenomena.

Today, under a variety of handles, threads from as early as *2001* are being bumped with one-line, inane, comments that add absolutely nothing to the current discussion. What is most interesting is that they are being bumped by very "junior" (i.e. less than 25 posts) under a variety of names which suggest that they are not legitimate users, at the same time that a more "senior" member (if 1,000 inane threads in a week qualifies for senior status) is being publicly railed for very similar behavior with both current threads and stale ones going back throughout this year. Notably, new NG handles are being created each time, although the behavior is still disturbingly familiar. I also hear a rumor that the person who I believe is responsible was even deleting some of his inane responses to threads earlier, I guess thinking that people would not notice.

SO in the hopes that the clueless might actually get a clue if publicly embarassed (since privately doesn't seem to work) I'm posting this. I strongly believe this is all the same person, although I have not done any IP searching to confirm it (others are no doubt better at this than I), and am asking based on my belief that this bonehead please stop. (If it is a pair of boneheads feeding off each other, I am making the request twice.) Legitimate inquiries are being bumped down, increasing the chances they will not be seen by people who might be able to help. I've complained, as I'm sure others have now, to the moderator, but I'm also writing publicly to ask that you grow up - if you have nothing to contribute of use, stop contributing uselessness.

(We now take you back to your regularly scheduled, and usually quite informative but for this inane nit's behavior, NG).
Old Aug 25th 2003, 2:18 am
thingluvthing2ringfingIdo

thing1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nice

I agree with everything you have said, Dekka's Angel.

It is completely annoying having these ancient threads bumped to the top when there are new ones that need our attention. I think most of us know who this individual is (as I also believe it is the work of only one quite obviously very disturbed person).

I join Dekka's Angel in making a public request that you stop mucking up this forum. We are here to help each other through this process and you are being an ass with your actions. You yourself are going through this immigration process with your fiancée, therefore you should know how important it is to get timely answers to your questions when you have them about different parts of this process. Try being considerate and think twice before you post.

Keep it up, buddy, and I will be forced to turn you into a toad. :P
Old Aug 25th 2003, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by billwilson597
my dear sir:

have you not heard the expression the history repeats itself?

On the contrary to your comments, past posts can be very informative and useful. Some posts can generate as much enthusiasm now as they did when they were posted.
1) I'm a Ma'am, not Sir.

2) If you'd spent any time educating yourself instead of spamming the board with inanity this past week, you'd realize that the practical systems went through fundamental changes since 9/11 -- most notably changes that took place in March of this year when the former INS was reorganized and its functions spread across several organizations. Even if this were not the case, however, it is not rocket science to realize that practical things change. This board is most valuable in relating to those in need the current state of things. Advice and issues from 2001 can be misleading and is not the "best information" available. Getting folks enthusiastic about what was, instead of is, seems a waste of folks' valuable time.

Last edited by Dekka's Angel; Aug 25th 2003 at 3:43 am.
Old Aug 25th 2003, 4:20 am
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Mrs. Angel,

Glad to hear that I am not the only one that feels the way that you do. Sounds like it is one person using several diffent login names. I think that Thing1 and Rete have both tracked down who it is and pointed it out to the rest of the group. I also have sent him private email, only to be followed up with geniune stupidity.

Scott