Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OT: Interesting article archived on BBC website

OT: Interesting article archived on BBC website

Old Jun 10th 2003, 11:04 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute
Default OT: Interesting article archived on BBC website

Not quite OT as it's about the US expelling about 13000 Middle Easterners who may be in breach of immigration rules.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/2974882.stm

What's interesting to me is the opinions below the article.

Sam.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant future
Default Re: OT: Interesting article archived on BBC website

I don't see what the big deal is- they came here illegally so they should expect to be deported if they are caught!
Old Jun 10th 2003, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Steff
I don't see what the big deal is- they came here illegally so they should expect to be deported if they are caught!
Couldn't agree with you more, regardless of which country they originated from.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

hmiller is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll 2nd that.

It is not fair to those of us who have followed the rules and spent infinate amounts of time, as well as the money required for processing all our paperwork, to get our loved one's here legally.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

amys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by robclews
Couldn't agree with you more, regardless of which country they originated from.
I second or even third that!!! After what my husband and I went through doing things legally, I can never feel sympathy who bypass or ignore the laws.

amy
Old Jun 11th 2003, 10:55 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ukemigrant
Not quite OT as it's about the US expelling about 13000 Middle Easterners who may be in breach of immigration rules.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/2974882.stm

What's interesting to me is the opinions below the article.

Sam.
Hmmmm, I thought a lot of the comments in the article were a bit, um, unChristian, or, probably more PC, uncharitable.

The article mentioned people who were not processed in time by the INS because of the sloth of the behemoth (ooh nice turn of phrase) - and we all know how that goes. Does no one have any sympathy for those people, or are they all just being labelled together as 'bad people'?

Food for thought.....
Old Jun 11th 2003, 3:24 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by ukemigrant
Hmmmm, I thought a lot of the comments in the article were a bit, um, unChristian, or, probably more PC, uncharitable.

The article mentioned people who were not processed in time by the INS because of the sloth of the behemoth (ooh nice turn of phrase) - and we all know how that goes. Does no one have any sympathy for those people, or are they all just being labelled together as 'bad people'?

Food for thought.....
I agree with you about the comments.

Many of these people would have jumped through all of the legal hoops in order to come to the US, filed as required and then gone OOS through not real fault of their own due to processing delays. I've read about attorneys tearing their hair out over this sort of thing, mostly related to employment based immigration.
Old Aug 25th 2003, 7:48 am
fernie7

another good one here also as well