Orlando shootings

Old Jun 12th 2016, 9:36 pm
Banned

riversofblood has a reputation beyond reputeriversofblood has a reputation beyond reputeriversofblood has a reputation beyond reputeriversofblood has a reputation beyond reputeriversofblood has a reputation beyond reputeriversofblood has a reputation beyond reputeriversofblood has a reputation beyond reputeriversofblood has a reputation beyond reputeriversofblood has a reputation beyond reputeriversofblood has a reputation beyond reputeriversofblood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Orlando shootings

Originally Posted by LondonSquirrel
Honest answer, would you rather be confronted by a deranged person with a knife or one with a loaded gun?
How about being armed with a gun yourself in order to confront?

rock, paper, scissors?

Last edited by riversofblood; Jun 12th 2016 at 9:49 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2016, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derrygal
Here we go again - looks like the gunman was a "lonewolf" ISIS sympathizer. Of course, the main reason he was able to get away with such carnage is due to the lack of gun control in this country. Nothing ever gets done..................
While I agree the widespread availability of firearms does play a part in enabling these sort of massacres , the ISIS killers in France killed 130 and there is strict gun control there.

You can't remove all the guns in America , all you do even if you can is make law abiding and weak people more vulnerable. The southern border is porus ; criminals and Islamic militants will easily acquire firearms even if you bring in gun control.
Old Jun 12th 2016, 11:03 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bud the Wiser
I was wondering why someone on a watch list was able to buy a gun(s)? Then I viewed this.............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6imFvSua3Kg
Good response from Obama but it wont stop the wah ! wah! Hillary going to take away my gun brigade. !
It's a fair bet this gun was obtained at a gun show. You know, those places where fat old rednecks parade around in military gear, guns slung over shoulders, beer guts sticking out of Army Surplus Store camouflage playing soldier boys, the kind who never served in the real military
Old Jun 12th 2016, 11:04 pm
Banned

katzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
And you're more than 3 times as likely to be killed with a knife in the US than with a gun in the UK. What does any of that actually prove? When you're comparing apples to oranges, you can't really draw any meaningful conclusions. "Attacks" is a very broad category so I don't know what circumstances your data would include. I'd also hazard a guess that if someone pulled a knife on you (i.e. a "knife attack") you'd have a much better chance of running away and escaping unharmed than if someone pulled a gun on you (i.e. a "gun attack").

Comparing actual homicides paints a different picture, and even then it's one that doesn't include the tragic accidental deaths. You don't often hear of how a 4yr old kid accidentally stabbed his/her mother to death from the backseat of the car...

Firearm homicides per 100,000

UK: 0.14
US: 3.43

Knife homicides per 100,000

UK: 0.55
US: 0.56

Total homicides per 100,000

UK: 1.0
US: 3.8
you are playing with Statistics like a grade-schooler goodbye
Old Jun 12th 2016, 11:06 pm
Banned

katzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond repute

What happened in the UK is that when they ban guns the violence just switched over to knives, look it up
Old Jun 12th 2016, 11:12 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katzgar
What happened in the UK is that when they ban guns the violence just switched over to knives, look it up
I'm aware of that and I didn't disagree with it. However, comparing knife attacks in the UK to gun attacks in the US doesn't prove your point. Neither do ad hominem attacks, particularly when you're throwing stones from a glass house.
Old Jun 12th 2016, 11:20 pm
Banned

I'm aware of that and I didn't disagree with it. However, comparing knife attacks in the UK to gun attacks in the US doesn't prove your point. Neither do ad hominem attacks, particularly when you're throwing stones from a glass house.
A death or injury from a gun or from a knife is still a death or an injury. Using fake statistics is certainly going to earn you derision
Old Jun 12th 2016, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Good response from Obama but it wont stop the wah ! wah! Hillary going to take away my gun brigade. !
It's a fair bet this gun was obtained at a gun show. You know, those places where fat old rednecks parade around in military gear, guns slung over shoulders, beer guts sticking out of Army Surplus Store camouflage playing soldier boys, the kind who never served in the real military
I thought the analogy between car safety law and the attempts to change firearm laws was first class.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 3:15 am
Banned

riversofblood has a reputation beyond reputeriversofblood has a reputation beyond reputeriversofblood has a reputation beyond reputeriversofblood has a reputation beyond reputeriversofblood has a reputation beyond reputeriversofblood has a reputation beyond reputeriversofblood has a reputation beyond reputeriversofblood has a reputation beyond reputeriversofblood has a reputation beyond reputeriversofblood has a reputation beyond reputeriversofblood has a reputation beyond repute

The likes of Derrick Bird makes me feel safer getting an Uber driver.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Philk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond repute

which 'gun ban' are we talking about and when?
The Pistols act of 1903?
The Firearms act? If so, which one - 1921,37 or 68?
Or the Amendments in 88 or 97?

This meme gets posted on FB every few months or every time there's a shooting ( so pretty often )
Old Jun 13th 2016, 4:12 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bud the Wiser
I thought the analogy between car safety law and the attempts to change firearm laws was first class.
I did too but the NRA will never see it that way.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 5:00 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Honest answer, would you rather be confronted by a deranged person with a knife or one with a loaded gun?
Speaking as someone who has been threatened by knives twice, I prefer the knife. I can brawl with a guy who has a knife; hard to defend yourself against a gunman who can kill you from a distance.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 5:01 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

A death or injury from a gun or from a knife is still a death or an injury. Using fake statistics is certainly going to earn you derision

Back to your original point. There are more knife attacks in the UK than there are gun attacks in the US. Which proves... what, precisely?
Old Jun 13th 2016, 5:08 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Back to your original point. There are more knife attacks in the UK than there are gun attacks in the US. Which proves... what, precisely?
Gun nuts like to claim that Britain has a higher homicide rate than the US. The fact that their position is false is a minor detail.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

jeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond repute

According to today's Sunday Express, in a report about the shooting dead of Christina Grimmie, a singer who appeared in the US version of The Voice, by a deranged fan, in the past year there have been 372 mass shootings in the US in which 475 people were killed and 1870 wounded. This doesn't count all the murders by gun such as spousal murder, suicide by gun and accidental shootings.
No doubt that the shooting of the singer was going to be a mass shooting also but her brother jumped the guy before he could do anymore damage.

How come there wasn't a call for gun control after the French shootings? Because they have gun control.

Mass shootings are political, it's not a crazy guy with a gun. The Orlando and French shootings are related. If you want to stop the shootings you have to go after the people at the top who direct these sort of things.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.