Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Only in Florida ......

Only in Florida ......

Old Nov 24th 2017, 11:58 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Only in Florida ......

Originally Posted by robin1234
They'd probably all read your BE posts about home & garden improvements etc., so assumed you knew your way around Lowes .....
Well I was able to direct each of them to the aisle where they would most likley be able to find what they were looking for.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 11:37 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Florida man picks the wrong car to break into
"But what he found inside wasn’t to his liking. The vehicle was occupied by members of the Pasco Sheriff’s Office’s Strategic Targeted Area Response Team"

Man breaks into car but busted by Florida deputies who sat inside | Miami Herald

I tell you, the news in Florida is very entertaining
Old Nov 25th 2017, 12:27 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
"But what he found inside wasn’t to his liking. The vehicle was occupied by members of the Pasco Sheriff’s Office’s Strategic Targeted Area Response Team"

Man breaks into car but busted by Florida deputies who sat inside

A local radio station here in NC, has two rounds every day on the breakfast show, of a phone-in competition, called "it happened in Florida". They read out three news stories, "all are real", and you have to pick out the Florida story. The fact that they have plenty of other crazy stories to use as distractors from the Florida story, is disturbing enough (especially when they use stories from the UK ), but there seems to be no shortage of bat-§4!t craziness in Florida at the rate of ten stories per week.

Last edited by Pulaski; Nov 25th 2017 at 12:42 am.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
...I get comments on my accent an average of about once a week. ....
It's been a while since I've been asked... Until today.

I was asked to say "turn left" in the checkout line at PetSmart. The lady wanted to compare it to a Scottish obedience judge she knows.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue

Man breaks into car but busted by Florida deputies who sat inside | Miami Herald

It snowed in Miami once, in the late 1970s I believe (just a small flurry). About a decade ago the newspapers ran one of those retrospectives, and one of the TV weatherman at the time recalled looking out the window and seeing the snow, but he initially thought it was a cocaine drop that had gone bad.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 1:26 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I get comments on my accent an average of about once a week.
It used to be once a week for me, now it's more like twice a year, if that

Now, when you go back to the UK and people ask you if you're American - that's an interesting one.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
It used to be once a week for me, now it's more like twice a year, if that

Now, when you go back to the UK and people ask you if you're American - that's an interesting one.
I feel like there is a stage where your accent becomes blended to the point where it is neither one or the other, but to people in that country, it sounds like the other?
Old Nov 27th 2017, 2:43 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maste
I feel like there is a stage where your accent becomes blended to the point where it is neither one or the other, but to people in that country, it sounds like the other?
That's probably about where I am.

I like to **** with people on both sides of the Atlantic though. I'll tell people here I'm from Wisconsin or Minnesota and they just look at me funny. I've told people in the UK that I'm Canadian for a laugh.