Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Off topic posts moved from Election 2016 thread

Off topic posts moved from Election 2016 thread

Old Dec 15th 2016, 5:16 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Off topic posts moved from Election 2016 thread

Well whatever you do for Christ's sake don't say anything positive about people who are not Caucasian. You will be judged to be patronizing and the righteous witches will descend upon you with claws unsheathed and tongues of fury
Old Dec 15th 2016, 5:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by dc koop
Well whatever you do for Christ's sake don't say anything positive about people who are not male Caucasian. You will be judged to be patronizing and the righteous witches will descend upon you with claws unsheathed and tongues of fury
Missed a word.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 5:27 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Well whatever you do for Christ's sake don't say anything positive about people who are not Caucasian. You will be judged to be patronizing and the righteous witches will descend upon you with claws unsheathed and tongues of fury
Do you ever think you might be ever so slightly overreacting?
Old Dec 15th 2016, 5:44 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Do you ever think you might be ever so slightly overreacting?
I just found it very strange that's all
Old Dec 15th 2016, 5:45 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I just found it very strange that's all
What was strange?
Old Dec 15th 2016, 1:53 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Off topic posts moved from Election 2016 thread

What was strange?
I'm sure it is strange for him. He's like those Japanese guys that hid in the jungle for decades and had no idea WW2 was over and ... everybody had moved on without them.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 1:55 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Leslie
I'm sure it is strange for him. He's like those Japanese guys that hid in the jungle for decades and had no idea WW2 was over and ... everybody had moved on without them.
That would be strange, I'll give you that.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 4:00 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Leslie
There are also very probably a whole army of former BE members who've been hiding in the jungle for decades away from you
Old Dec 15th 2016, 4:09 pm
Banned

What was strange?
The original comment I made about Mexican people being good workers and which they definitely are was made without any intention of being racist or patronizing so the reaction it caused from one or two members seemed very strange to me.

I'm not a racist. never have been, my son in law is partially of Mexican descent and I certainly don't need any lessons on what's right and wrong from the native born Yanks who choose to hang out on this British forum.

They need to get their own house in order first. Dyllan Roof is only one of many who think as he does.

Last edited by dc koop; Dec 15th 2016 at 4:17 pm.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 4:18 pm
I have a comma problem

The original comment I made about Mexican people being good workers and which they definitely are was made without any intention of being racist or patronizing so the reaction it caused from one or two members seemed very strange to me.
Apologies, I can't remember the post itself and I'm not inclined to go back and reread the pages to find it. Hard to convey one's intentions 100% in typed words though. So it was taken the wrong way - it happens but there's no need to get defensive about it.

I'm not a racist. never have been, my son in law is partially of Mexican descent and I certainly don't need any lessons on what's right and wrong from the native born Yanks who choose to hang out on this British forum.

They need to get their own house in order first
Meh, there's no need to exclude anyone from the site just because they aren't British, or aren't an expat, that's needless censorship.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 4:24 pm
Banned

Apologies, I can't remember the post itself and I'm not inclined to go back and reread the pages to find it. Hard to convey one's intentions 100% in typed words though. So it was taken the wrong way - it happens but there's no need to get defensive about it.

Meh, there's no need to exclude anyone from the site just because they aren't British, or aren't an expat, that's needless censorship.
Well it doesn't matter all that much now but I had to get my two pence worth in anyway. Taking it the wrong way though should result in an apology from the person concerned at least.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 4:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Well it doesn't matter all that much now but I had to get my two pence worth in anyway. Taking it the wrong way though should result in an apology from the person concerned at least.
Lol. There was no "taking it the wrong way" as you claim. The phrasing of your comment was at the very least patronizing of Mexicans, as was pointed out to you by several posters. The fact that you continue not to see that surprises me not in the least.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 4:50 pm
I have a comma problem

I don't know that's what happened, of course, like I said, I didn't feel inclined to go back through all the posts to find your original one.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 4:54 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Lol. There was no "taking it the wrong way" as you claim. The phrasing of your comment was at the very least patronizing of Mexicans, as was pointed out to you by several posters. The fact that you continue not to see that surprises me not in the least.
It's always ironic that those that get the most insulted when you call them out on their bigotry can't see that their comments are insulting to others.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
It's always ironic that those that get the most insulted when you call them out on their bigotry can't see that their comments are insulting to others.
+1.

Plus the "I have a Mexican relative" type of response, as though that makes any difference at all.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Dec 15th 2016 at 5:06 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.