British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Off topic posts moved from Election 2016 thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/off-topic-posts-moved-election-2016-thread-888883/)

dc koop Dec 15th 2016 5:16 am

Off topic posts moved from Election 2016 thread

Well whatever you do for Christ's sake don't say anything positive about people who are not Caucasian. You will be judged to be patronizing and the righteous witches will descend upon you with claws unsheathed and tongues of fury

scrubbedexpat099 Dec 15th 2016 5:17 am

Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by dc koop (Post 12129530)
Well whatever you do for Christ's sake don't say anything positive about people who are not male Caucasian. You will be judged to be patronizing and the righteous witches will descend upon you with claws unsheathed and tongues of fury

Missed a word.

SultanOfSwing Dec 15th 2016 5:27 am

Originally Posted by dc koop (Post 12129530)
Well whatever you do for Christ's sake don't say anything positive about people who are not Caucasian. You will be judged to be patronizing and the righteous witches will descend upon you with claws unsheathed and tongues of fury

Do you ever think you might be ever so slightly overreacting?

dc koop Dec 15th 2016 5:44 am

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12129537)
Do you ever think you might be ever so slightly overreacting?

I just found it very strange that's all

SultanOfSwing Dec 15th 2016 5:45 am

Originally Posted by dc koop (Post 12129561)
I just found it very strange that's all

What was strange?

Leslie Dec 15th 2016 1:53 pm

Off topic posts moved from Election 2016 thread

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12129562)
What was strange?

I'm sure it is strange for him. He's like those Japanese guys that hid in the jungle for decades and had no idea WW2 was over and ... everybody had moved on without them.

SultanOfSwing Dec 15th 2016 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 12129769)
I'm sure it is strange for him. He's like those Japanese guys that hid in the jungle for decades and had no idea WW2 was over and ... everybody had moved on without them.

That would be strange, I'll give you that.

dc koop Dec 15th 2016 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 12129769)

There are also very probably a whole army of former BE members who've been hiding in the jungle for decades away from you

dc koop Dec 15th 2016 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12129562)
What was strange?

The original comment I made about Mexican people being good workers and which they definitely are was made without any intention of being racist or patronizing so the reaction it caused from one or two members seemed very strange to me.

I'm not a racist. never have been, my son in law is partially of Mexican descent and I certainly don't need any lessons on what's right and wrong from the native born Yanks who choose to hang out on this British forum.

They need to get their own house in order first. Dyllan Roof is only one of many who think as he does.

SultanOfSwing Dec 15th 2016 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by dc koop (Post 12129849)
The original comment I made about Mexican people being good workers and which they definitely are was made without any intention of being racist or patronizing so the reaction it caused from one or two members seemed very strange to me.

Apologies, I can't remember the post itself and I'm not inclined to go back and reread the pages to find it. Hard to convey one's intentions 100% in typed words though. So it was taken the wrong way - it happens but there's no need to get defensive about it.

Originally Posted by dc koop (Post 12129849)
I'm not a racist. never have been, my son in law is partially of Mexican descent and I certainly don't need any lessons on what's right and wrong from the native born Yanks who choose to hang out on this British forum.

They need to get their own house in order first

Meh, there's no need to exclude anyone from the site just because they aren't British, or aren't an expat, that's needless censorship.

dc koop Dec 15th 2016 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12129856)
Apologies, I can't remember the post itself and I'm not inclined to go back and reread the pages to find it. Hard to convey one's intentions 100% in typed words though. So it was taken the wrong way - it happens but there's no need to get defensive about it.

Meh, there's no need to exclude anyone from the site just because they aren't British, or aren't an expat, that's needless censorship.

Well it doesn't matter all that much now but I had to get my two pence worth in anyway. Taking it the wrong way though should result in an apology from the person concerned at least.

Giantaxe Dec 15th 2016 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by dc koop (Post 12129857)
Well it doesn't matter all that much now but I had to get my two pence worth in anyway. Taking it the wrong way though should result in an apology from the person concerned at least.

Lol. There was no "taking it the wrong way" as you claim. The phrasing of your comment was at the very least patronizing of Mexicans, as was pointed out to you by several posters. The fact that you continue not to see that surprises me not in the least.

SultanOfSwing Dec 15th 2016 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by dc koop (Post 12129857)

I don't know that's what happened, of course, like I said, I didn't feel inclined to go back through all the posts to find your original one.

zargof Dec 15th 2016 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Giantaxe (Post 12129870)
Lol. There was no "taking it the wrong way" as you claim. The phrasing of your comment was at the very least patronizing of Mexicans, as was pointed out to you by several posters. The fact that you continue not to see that surprises me not in the least.

It's always ironic that those that get the most insulted when you call them out on their bigotry can't see that their comments are insulting to others.

Giantaxe Dec 15th 2016 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12129877)
It's always ironic that those that get the most insulted when you call them out on their bigotry can't see that their comments are insulting to others.

+1.

Plus the "I have a Mexican relative" type of response, as though that makes any difference at all.