Off to Blighty!

Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Lola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really nice
Default Re: Off to Blighty!

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
This one always makes me laugh. The bastard in me wants to say "No, actually, but I picked up this trolley full of random shite I don't need just to give you something to do . . ."
The assistant in the bra department in Macy's told me to "have an outstanding day". I couldn't decide whether it was a new take on the "have a nice day" crap or she was taking the mick.
Being asked "How are you today?" irritates me no end. Inside I always want to say, "none of your bloody business". Once I actually did say, "Pissed off actually". The reply? "I feel your pain"

Have an outstanding time CAdreaming....I haven't been back home since December 2001. The main reason being I'm not too sure I would return
Old Jun 21st 2011, 7:12 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
"Did you find everything OK?"
I always say no and then reel off brand names that they obviously would not carry ... walkers crisps, mcvities digestives etc etc.

Ca Dreaming... enjoy your trip ... I will be there on the 1st of July myself... please can you pre order me a real breakfast.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 7:27 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lyonsden1193
I always say no and then reel off brand names that they obviously would not carry ... walkers crisps, mcvities digestives etc etc.

Ca Dreaming... enjoy your trip ... I will be there on the 1st of July myself... please can you pre order me a real breakfast.
Not bad!

I suppose one could try: "No, actually, you seem to be completely out of naked, large breasted women this week. Rather disappointing actually."
Old Jun 21st 2011, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Not bad!

I suppose one could try: "No, actually, you seem to be completely out of naked, large breasted women this week. Rather disappointing actually."
How old are you two?
Old Jun 21st 2011, 7:32 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
How old are you two?
About a year older than my teeth

If I thought the 'did you find everything' was sincere .... well......
Old Jun 21st 2011, 7:32 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

How old are you two?
Oh lighten up, it's just a bit of fun.

It was actually based loosely on a real experience I had in a cafe a while back, when a slightly drunk older gent sat down, and when told 'sorry we don't serve whisky, would you like to order', proudly declared 'I'd like a beautiful woman with big knockers, please'.

Sadly, they didn't serve those either so he recluctatly had to leave. To head to the pub, one presumes.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh lighten up, it's just a bit of fun.

It was actually based loosely on a real experience I had in a cafe a while back, when a slightly drunk older gent sat down, and when told 'sorry we don't serve whisky, would you like to order', proudly declared 'I'd like a beautiful woman with big knockers, please'.

Sadly, they didn't serve those either so he recluctatly had to leave. To head to the pub, one presumes.
Making fun of someone asking a question they don't really want to ask is fun?

Ok, if you say so....

I get it, I get it, I get it..... Just in case someone happens along and thinks I don't....
Old Jun 21st 2011, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If I thought the 'did you find everything' was sincere .... well......
Old Jun 21st 2011, 8:16 pm
I have a comma problem

I get it, I get it, I get it.....
Just like bronzy and silvery, only it's made of iron

(The cafe thing really happened though, that wasn't a joke )

Last edited by SultanOfSwing; Jun 21st 2011 at 9:33 pm. Reason: Ahem . . . cheers Lola!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Lola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really nice

Just like bronzy and slivery, only it's made of iron

(The cafe thing really happened though, that wasn't a joke )
Slivery
Old Jun 21st 2011, 9:34 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Lola-Monmouth
Slivery
Oops - that isn't the first time I've done that either. Thanks - and now corrected

Don't tell Uncle Eb, I'll never hear the end of it . . .
Old Jun 21st 2011, 9:40 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

Oops - that isn't the first time I've done that either. Thanks - and now corrected

Don't tell Uncle Eb, I'll never hear the end of it . . .
Thoughts of Blighty clouded your spelling... must be the smell of real bacon
Old Jun 21st 2011, 9:41 pm
I have a comma problem

Thoughts of Blighty clouded your spelling... must be the smell of real bacon
that would be nice.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lola-Monmouth
Being asked "How are you today?" irritates me no end. Inside I always want to say, "none of your bloody business".
I listen to news reports and current affairs programs on BBC Radio 4 and BBC Radio Five Live during which correspondents and other contributors from all over the world are interviewed by the BBC program presenters here in London.

On almost every occasion when a correspondent from the USA is introduced to take part in a discussion he or she will automatically say "Hi/good morning/afternoon - how are you?" before anything else is said. I have never heard any foreign contributors but the Americans say this at the outset. I sometimes feel that the BBC presenters may be a wee bit irritated by this as it is so meaningless and it wastes time as the BBC people reply "fine" or "very well!" before proceeding swiftly to the important stuff in hand. Neither party really cares anyway how the other is healthwise or in any other way.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you --I actually prefer yummy American brekkys - french toast is the business!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.