Off to Blighty!

Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Off to Blighty!

hmm now do I bring winter clothes or summer clothes?? Blighty here I come!!!
Oh fish n chips; roast beef and yorkshires, Deb's dads stew, Walkers crisps, a proper cup of tea, Warburtons thick white, bakewell tart and custard....and of course seeing those I havent seen for 3 months
and if I dont get told to " have a nice day and take care out there" in shops there will be big trouble.!!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off to Blighty!

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
Oh fish n chips; roast beef and yorkshires, Deb's dads stew, Walkers crisps, a proper cup of tea, Warburtons thick white, bakewell tart and custard....and of course seeing those I havent seen for 3 months
and if I dont get told to " have a nice day and take care out there" in shops there will be big trouble.!!
"Did you find everything OK?"

Have a good time. Seems like you only just got here though.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux

Have a good time. Seems like you only just got here though.
LOL I got asked that yesterday in Winco!!! Yep only got here 16 March but need to get back to UK for a visit to see my mum
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:58 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

blimey, you ping ponger

have a fun and safe trip
Old Jun 20th 2011, 3:24 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

No fair you just got here, you aren't allowed to go back yet.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, jealous!! Been here over 16 months and not going back until Xmas Enjoy and have a safe trip
Old Jun 21st 2011, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

hmm now do I bring winter clothes or summer clothes?? Blighty here I come!!! ....... if I dont get told to " have a nice day and take care out there" in shops there will be big trouble.!!
Play safe and bring both sets of clothing.....after weeks and weeks and weeks of mostly bone dry weather with clear blue skies and balmy breezes in much of England, Wales and Eastern Scotland making it the warmest, sunniest and record breakingly driest spring season for a century the weather has become more changeable - south westerlies bringing a lot of cloud and mixed spells of sunshine and then rain showers with hail at times in some areas. Fairly cool one day - day temperatures peaking at about 17C - then a wee bit warmer again and quite humid and muggy with a mid afternoon temperature peak of 18C to 21C .

So currently it's all a wee bit unpredictable in true British style.....21 June - this is the longest day of the year in terms of daylight so from now on it's all "downhill" but the summer solstice has no effect on the actual summer weather as you know - in the UK what we call "heatwaves" are more likely to occur in August and some Augusts have been very dry but not all that often - August can also be quite wet, especially in western and north western areas of the UK.

Wimbledon started yesterday in dodgy weather conditions - this morning in SW19 it has been sunny at times then suddenly it was cloudy and overcast again for ten minutes or so then out comes the sun again......there is about a 20% of showers at the All England Club in Wimbledon later this afternoon.

One of the "joys" about the British climate is its guaranteed unpredictability and fickleness. I don't think I'd like it too much if I lived in a place where the weather is exactly the same each and every day for weeks or even months on end. How boring is that?
Old Jun 21st 2011, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

thank you all and thank you Lothianlad for the weather update! Im going with an empty suitcase so i can fill it up on the way back!

I've only been in US 3 months so it is really early to be going back to UK but my mum is 84 and not in great health (but ok if you know what i mean) and this is the longest ever that Ive not seen her so just need to go back.

The airfares this time of year and at such short notice (my AP came last minute) are incredibly expensive but I managed to get one which wasnt too hideous from San Fran to Manchester with Delta (with a stop over and plane change in JFK)

Its actually hard leaving USA and new hubby ---seems for the last 3 years ive been saying goodbye to people on each side of the atlantic...

Wish I lived on the east coast - it would make my ping pong life so much easier - and cheaper!!!!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 2:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

thank you all and thank you Lothianlad for the weather update! Im going with an empty suitcase so i can fill it up on the way back!

I've only been in US 3 months so it is really early to be going back to UK but my mum is 84 and not in great health (but ok if you know what i mean) and this is the longest ever that Ive not seen her so just need to go back.

The airfares this time of year and at such short notice (my AP came last minute) are incredibly expensive but I managed to get one which wasnt too hideous from San Fran to Manchester with Delta (with a stop over and plane change in JFK)

Its actually hard leaving USA and new hubby ---seems for the last 3 years ive been saying goodbye to people on each side of the atlantic...

Wish I lived on the east coast - it would make my ping pong life so much easier - and cheaper!!!!
I understand completely! Only its been the last 14 years (this year) that I've been saying goodbye to somebody.....

Have a great time and make the most of your visit.....
Old Jun 21st 2011, 2:39 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
This one always makes me laugh. The bastard in me wants to say "No, actually, but I picked up this trolley full of random shite I don't need just to give you something to do . . ."
Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:07 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Curry. Don't forget the curry.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I understand completely! Only its been the last 14 years (this year) that I've been saying goodbye to somebody.....

Have a great time and make the most of your visit.....
thank you!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tonrob
Curry. Don't forget the curry.
OMG CURRY!!!!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
This one always makes me laugh. The bastard in me wants to say "No, actually, but I picked up this trolley full of random shite I don't need just to give you something to do . . ."
LOL LOL
and i never know what to say when they say to me - have a nice day --do you say thanks you too?? Someone yesterday said to me "have a great day, and TAKE CARE OUT THERE!!!!!" I just said er thanks... I want the tesco checkout lass to say the same thing to me!!!!!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:18 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

LOL LOL
and i never know what to say when they say to me - have a nice day --do you say thanks you too?? Someone yesterday said to me "have a great day, and TAKE CARE OUT THERE!!!!!" I just said er thanks... I want the tesco checkout lass to say the same thing to me!!!!!
I usually just say 'thanks, you too' as well, but just once I'd like someone to wish me a shit day, for variety.

I'd still reply with 'thanks, you too'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.